Kyle Orton rumor [update : now signed]

YoloinOhio

the article is speculating but it makes sense. They broke the bank to get him because they don't know what they have yet in EJ and they traded away their 1st rounder next year with the belief they finally have a playoff team. If EJ wins, orton is injury insurance. If he can't then I don't doubt they will consider turning to him. They probably have a point in the season already determined on when they will make that call.

The info on the Bills trying to sign Orton for a while now, seems to be fairly common knowledge now. That he is expected to start, based on salary, is pure speculation.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how you flat out GUESS how the coaches treat EJ and then you blast them for it - just great !!

By the way - almost every coach in the league pump up their QBs - its a game of confidence and they want their qbs as confident as possible...

Well I'm not there in practice to hear what they say to EJ you are right.

However if they are telling him he did a horrible job( like they should be doing )do you really think he'd stand at the podium after his absolutely putrid performance in the Detroit game and say he thinks he did a good job?

Well I'm not there in practice to hear what they say to EJ you are right.

However if they are telling him he did a horrible job( like they should be doing )do you really think he'd stand at the podium after his absolutely putrid performance in the Detroit game and say he thinks he did a good job?

Except he didnt have an absolutely putrid performance. He threw 7 passes. Completed 3, had 1 clear drop and another that was a good pass that should have been caught, both of which were first downs. He threw one away while being chased and threw one bad 3 yard slant pass.

Except he didnt have an absolutely putrid performance. He threw 7 passes. Completed 3, had 1 clear drop and another that was a good pass that should have been caught, both of which were first downs. He threw one away while being chased and threw one bad 3 yard slant pass.

I'm convinced most of the people crushing EJ these days just do not watch the games.

I'm convinced most of the people crushing EJ these days just do not watch the games.

I actually did watch and I didn't get commanding performance. I said in a different post I will reserve final judgement till about week 4. I want to give him a chance with the unleashed playbook and full complement of receivers. Then I can better assess him with the eye test.

LV

I actually did watch and I didn't get commanding performance. I said in a different post I will reserve final judgement till about week 4. I want to give him a chance with the unleashed playbook and full complement of receivers. Then I can better assess him with the eye test.

LV

The all-22 coaches film will also be available to better assess EJ's performances and I'm sure they will be analyzed in excruciating detail. No excuses this season for EJ. It's time to show improvement in many phases as an NFL QB with greater consistency.

LV

In what universe or language does "it was not 'an absolutely putrid performance'" (your words) translate into calling it a "commanding performance?"

The info on the Bills trying to sign Orton for a while now, seems to be fairly common knowledge now. That he is expected to start, based on salary, is pure speculation.

Yeah, not sure what people are thinking. Of course they didn't bring him into start. You don't bring a guy in expecting him to start the week before game 1 when he hasn't been in any training camp or seen significant action in 4 years.

The only way Orton gets on the field is if EJ gets hurt or completely sh*ts the bed. One of these might happen which is why they brought Orton in but to think they're expecting him to start if pretty far fetched.

I said in a different post I will reserve final judgement till about week 4. I want to give him a chance...

:lol:

I don't even think it's that, it's this undying desire to be "right" about a player. This gives a fan "street" credit, because they were accurate. Which when you think about it, and the failure rate of players in the NFL, let alone QB's, it's easier to be on the side of "EJ is not good and never will be" because history/statistics say there is a higher probability that he won't be. But in my mind, that's like I said, that's the easier road to take. Why can't these fans tell me or you or anyone who the next great QB will be? Because they don't "know", just like they don't really "know" if he will fail, they have an opinion.

That being said, as a fan of the Bills, I always want a Bills player to succeed. I want EJ to succeed and still think it's possible that he will. I don't think I'll ever understand why a fan wouldn't be more open minded about players on their own team.

Sully did a good comparison of Orton to Fitz. Similar stats but Orton ok with being back up for good pay. This should take some pressure off EJ and not having a 1st rd pick next year.

All they need is for the OL to become solid to give time and provide a running game.

In what universe or language does "it was not 'an absolutely putrid performance'" (your words) translate into calling it a "commanding performance?"

Let the records show counselors

I am not an EJ hater or basher.

What I meant was I didn't see a commanding performance from EJ. That's what I would like to see Kelly Is the kid take command of the offense and not look timid. That is why I will wait to judge. So they say that they really haven't opened their playbook? Fine all the ones will be together. The best 11 on offense. I just want him to perform like an NFL QB.

We will just have to see.

LV

Edited by LVBillsBackr

Orton deal leaves some scratching their heads: http://profootballta...ng-their-heads/

Kyle Orton quit on the Cowboys, forcing the team to eventually cut him and walking away with a full $5 million signing bonus despite putting in only two of five years of work. Orton then one-upped Brett Favre, waiting until training camp and the preseason ended before going back to work, signing a contract with the Bills.

@caplannfl

$3 M of Kyle Orton's contract with the #Bills is fully guaranteed (comes in form of a signing bonus). Base is $2.5 M.

@mikerodak

According to NFLPA records, Kyle Orton received a $3 million signing bonus. Has $4M cap number this season. APY of $5.5 million.

Calling Mr. Dibs!!! Does this mean that the second year is also a base of 2.5m? Seeing as though the 4m cap hit would imply 2 years at 8m total and this year is 3m bonus and 2.5m base?