Did the Browns just House of Cards us?

rayray808

Looking back now with hindsight 20/20 I would have loved to have given this years 2nd instead of next years 1st. Would put it in a whole new perspective.

Yeah, in retrospect, this.

A receiver needs a quarterback to get the ball to him.

Tell me, is there ANY QB situation bad enough to make you not like trading away the future for Watkins?

Seriously, if the Texan were sitting at #9 with Fitz, should they have made that deal?

I don't think Watkins was worth what the Bills gave up for him - and I like Watkins. I think he is going to be the kind of WR that can help any QB and particularly EJ (due to his ability to adjust to off-target throws and EJ's accuracy issues). But I don't make that trade from the Bills' side. If I'm Cleveland I'm all over it and consider it a coup. I think it was that lopsided.

Then there is the critical issue of burning a future first round pick when the current QB is so unsettled. Who does that? Desperate front office people do. People who won't be around to use that pick anyway. That's who takes that kind of risk. So all of the eggs are in the EJ basket because, hey what do they have to lose? It's too late for anything long term anyway. Might as well go for it.

It sucks for the fans, but the Bills aren't the only team that has gone through this sort of thing. It happens and if you look around you will see it elsewhere.

I don't think Watkins was worth what the Bills gave up for him - and I like Watkins. I think he is going to be the kind of WR that can help any QB and particularly EJ (due to his ability to adjust to off-target throws and EJ's accuracy issues). But I don't make that trade from the Bills' side. If I'm Cleveland I'm all over it and consider it a coup. I think it was that lopsided.

Then there is the critical issue of burning a future first round pick when the current QB is so unsettled. Who does that? Desperate front office people do. People who won't be around to use that pick anyway. That's who takes that kind of risk. So all of the eggs are in the EJ basket because, hey what do they have to lose? It's too late for anything long term anyway. Might as well go for it.

It sucks for the fans, but the Bills aren't the only team that has gone through this sort of thing. It happens and if you look around you will see it elsewhere.

All of my fears about this trade have materialized. Watkins is injured and EJ looks beyond awful. This despite the fact that he knows the system and has more weapons than he did last year.

If this doesn't get better the entire crew, with Brandon leading the parade, should be marched right out the door.