Changes to Bills Radio Broadcasts

BRAWNDO

Haven't seen this posted, but it appears that Sal Capaccio will be taking over as the Bills Radio Network Sideline Reporter.

https://twitter.com/...960531276562432

He had been doing the Bills Postgame Show.

Anyone know what happen to Joe Buscaglia? Hopefully he remains as the WGR Bills Beat Reporter.

Good news! Sal definitely has a face for radio!!! :D

I honestly cannot stand Joe B. He is looked to as some expert, but what background credentials does he really have aside from being an observer at practice? He never ever gives a straight answer (so damn wishy washy) and I thought he was a Packers fan anyways. He claim to be Mr. FSU, yet I don't even think he graduated there.

Lastly, I'll never forget how he was reporting Nassib and Barkley to Bills last year - nice insider info!

Sal would be so much better

Haven't seen this posted, but it appears that Sal Capaccio will be taking over as the Bills Radio Network Sideline Reporter.

https://twitter.com/...960531276562432

He had been doing the Bills Postgame Show.

Anyone know what happen to Joe Buscaglia? Hopefully he remains as the WGR Bills Beat Reporter.

Joe is going to be live tweeting the game from the press box. They announced it a couple of weeks back. I think Pergament had a column about it in the News a couple weeks ago as well.

He's really good. The Pergament column seemed to indicate the team was moving away from the sideline reporter all together, because with all the commercial interruptions it was tough to get them into the broadcast.

I honestly cannot stand Joe B. He is looked to as some expert, but what background credentials does he really have aside from being an observer at practice? He never ever gives a straight answer (so damn wishy washy) and I thought he was a Packers fan anyways. He claim to be Mr. FSU, yet I don't even think he graduated there.

Lastly, I'll never forget how he was reporting Nassib and Barkley to Bills last year - nice insider info!

What qualifications could a sideline reporter have besides spending tons of time with the team? There is no college degree in sideline reporting.

In his final mock draft that year I'm pretty certain he had the Bills trading back with the Rams and selecting EJ Manuel, which is exactly what happened on draft day. He also tipped off the fact that the Bills were really high on Gilmore the year before. I think Joe's been a great resource, especially when it comes to the draft.

Edited by Estro

Joe is going to be live tweeting the game from the press box. They announced it a couple of weeks back. I think Pergament had a column about it in the News a couple weeks ago as well.

He's really good. The Pergament column seemed to indicate the team was moving away from the sideline reporter all together, because with all the commercial interruptions it was tough to get them into the broadcast

Thanks. I missed that.

He's really good. The Pergament column seemed to indicate the team was moving away from the sideline reporter all together, because with all the commercial interruptions it was tough to get them into the broadcast.

What qualifications could a sideline reporter have besides spending tons of time with the team? There is no college degree in sideline reporting.

I would say some sort of former playing experience would be necessary given how much they rely on Joe for his "expert" advice. If he's just reporting on practice, games, etc that's fine. However when he's also expected to be an expert on player evaluation, play calling, etc., I don't see how he's qualified in that respect.

That's why when see nfl analyzed on espn, it's by former players (not sideline reporters).

When it comes to X's and O's and player e v a l (which he acts like he's an expert), what are his qualifications?

I would say some sort of former playing experience would be necessary given how much they rely on Joe for his "expert" advice. If he's just reporting on practice, games, etc that's fine. However when he's also expected to be an expert on player evaluation, play calling, etc., I don't see how he's qualified in that respect.

That's why when see nfl analyzed on espn, it's by former players (not sideline reporters).

When it comes to X's and O's and player e v a l (which he acts like he's an expert), what are his qualifications?

i really like joe b. quite a bit. his opinions seem to be right on most of the time. his qualifications are pretty much being a football nerd and having access to bills practices and personnel. he also breaks down a lot of film during the season and seems to give good explanations for his opinions. and you and i differ quite a bit in the way we like our nfl information because i cannot listen to most of the ex players-turned-analysts without suffering from road rage. whether it be their inflated egos or overwhelming desire to murder the english language...i just can't take most of them.

Sal is intolerable. I can't stand listening to him

i really like joe b. quite a bit. his opinions seem to be right on most of the time. his qualifications are pretty much being a football nerd and having access to bills practices and personnel. he also breaks down a lot of film during the season and seems to give good explanations for his opinions. and you and i differ quite a bit in the way we like our nfl information because i cannot listen to most of the ex players-turned-analysts without suffering from road rage. whether it be their inflated egos or overwhelming desire to murder the english language...i just can't take most of them.

I agree with you on Joe b. I think the guy puts a tremendous amount of work into it and it shows.

I think Joe B works hard for his info, but when he comes on WGR I can't switch the station fast enough.

He struggles constantly to find the right words and usually fails miserably. He is the king of the malapropism and if I hear him start one more sentence with the phrase, "By no means," I'm going to scream.

When you listen to someone like John Murphy on the radio (or, to a lesser degree Howard Simon or Jeremy White) it is apparent that a guy like Joe B is in way over his head in front of the microphone. (As I type this Carpaccio just said, "Chomping at the bit," sheesh, it's "Champing at the bit," Sal.)

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

I think Joe B works hard for his info, but when he comes on WGR I can't switch the station fast enough.

He struggles constantly to find the right words and usually fails miserably. He is the king of the malapropism and if I hear him start one more sentence with the phrase, "By no means," I'm going to scream.

When you listen to someone like John Murphy on the radio (or, to a lesser degree Howard Simon or Jeremy White) it is apparent that a guy like Joe B is in way over his head in front of the microphone. (As I type this Carpaccio just said, "Chomping at the bit," sheesh, it's "Champing at the bit," Sal.)

To be fair 90% of people make this mistake. Overall I like both of them. But I do get a kick out of some of Joe B's malapropisms.

...why? Because he has an opinion about someone in the media?

Yup.

Ex-jocks, esp. the way ESPN seems to have hired 50% of former NFL players, are the worst on TV, etc.

Did you ever hear of Joel Buchsbaum? What were his qualifications to be the best personnel expert ever? You think he ever strapped on the pads?