This team is far better then SOME think

HOUSE

Yup I sure do. But the "dress rehearsal" game is the first time this preseason where the 1's will be in there together for at least a half, against the 1's of the other team instead of for a series or two while spending the rest of the game trying to figure out who to cut. This will be at least one concerted half of effort by both teams.

If they light it up does it mean superbowl? No (thought no doubt you will see posts proclaiming that :) ). But it does indicate that the 1's are starting to get their **** together and are capable of playing quality football. If they fall flat, it doesn't mean the end of the world. But with the regular season only a few weeks away it doesn't bode well at least for the start of the season.

Sure I get that. I guess I just try to take all preseason stuff with a grain of salt; not just because it doesn't count, but also because there's almost always some facet of the game they're trying to practice more specifically than the rest.

I totally agree, however, that a solid performance in this game by the starters would inspire a lot more confidence in how they might perform in week 1 when the real bullets start flying.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trivia Question

How Many preseason Games did Marv Levy win as head coach of the Buffalo Bills ?

Some of those game were awful

the correct answer would be: More than he lost he used his first team sometimes for a single possession. he could care less they had nothing to prove unlike Marrones team. Edited by Best Player Available

Here is my prediction it will be a little different then the rest.

Optimistically we went 3-3 last year in the division I think we improved more than the other teams I think we go 4-2

AFC West we go 2 and 2

NFC central 3-1

Split other two 1-1

that leaves us 10-6

go Bills

Optimistically we went 3-3 last year in the division I think we improved more than the other teams I think we go 4-2

AFC West we go 2 and 2

NFC central 3-1

Split other two 1-1

that leaves us 10-6

go Bills

And I could live with that :thumbsup:

Well they're certainly a better team now than last year at the same time. Where that translates in terms of record i don't know. But I'm strangely not the pessimist I usually am at this time

I see some real positives here.....

Heck, I even see improvement in EJ, making me perhaps a minority of 1 here. My top concerns now are:

- Injury risk

- secondary

- red zone offense

I saw a clip of every throw made by EJ in preseason and its obvious he has more zip the last few games.

When the preseason started he appeared to be lobbing the ball

AFC West we go 2 and 2

NFC central 3-1

Split other two 1-1

that leaves us 10-6

go Bills

I'm cautiously optimistic, but think we'll need to win the other two, and go 2 and 2 in the NFC North (Central went away over a decade ago) :-)

House, thanks for the optimism as I too believe we can have a winning season. we've not had Glenn or mcKelvin out there. Graham could be a stud at free safety and everyone is playing vanilla.

The O-Line should be better, and if we were 2nd in the run last year with that line, there is no reason we can't have the best running team in Football. I do think EJ needs more time, but he is my biggest concern. If he with much improved receivers can just get our passing game to 14th in the NFL, we can win 10 games. The addition of the extra two running backs, means when one gets hurt like last year, we don't have to keep throwing a slower CJ or a banged up FJ out there.

I see Dixon getting us those 3rd and 2's in the game. In order for a no huddle to work, it is best to be a good running team imposing your will, and making those manageable downs. I hate the doom and gloom crowd before a season has even started.

Lastly, House you are so right Levy typically went 1 and 3 in the pre-season. Many of the guys on the board are too young to remember how they played. Marv believed the pre-season was an opportunity to find excellent depth on the team. he always had them play vanilla and got the #1's out of there as quickly as possible.

Trivia Question

How Many preseason Games did Marv Levy win as head coach of the Buffalo Bills ?

Some of those game were awful

Preseason record means nothing...That much I'll give you for sure...And Levy had a philosophy that was extreme even for coaches that put little emphasis on preseason results...

But we're not comparing the Levy teams to this one right? Because those teams were more talented, had better coaching, and way, way, way better vet leadership...There's just no comparison...In those years it was SB or bust...So the preseason games were nothing more than an unnecessary obligation...Marrone has come right out on numerous occasions and said he wants to win these preseason games...It's tough to say preseason results mean nothing when your HC is telling everyone he wants to win them...

So...Anyway... B-)