Are we in la la land? Nfl.com thinks we will finish 4th in AFC E

Absolutely in la la land.

This team has the potential to win 8 games. Will they? history says hell no!!

Max potential for this team is 8 games anything more is gravy.

Playoffs this year or the new owner will clean house.

IMO

At least you're honest.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, I see concerns at:

QB

TE

LG

RG

SLB

WLB

CB1

SS

EJ, well, he's 10 games into his career.. who knows. Will Chandler be reliable? Especially in the endzone? LG is a well known issue. No clue what's going on at RG. Are Rivers, Bradham, and Brown going to perform in the LB corps? Gilmore has looked questionable this preseason, is he actually a legit corner? Will he be neutered by the new rules? Who's our starting strong safety?

Basically we have running backs, an exciting rookie wide receiver, and a good defensive line. The rest could be argued to be absolute garbage.

1. Patriots have Brady

2. Jets D is very good. EJ = Geno; Vick >>>>> Tuel

3. Miami - I think they are awful but the media loves Tannehill's wife

4. Bills - Kiko got hurt. EJ has been mediocre in games so far. The line has been a mess up until this week.

If EJ plays as well as he has practiced the last two weeks and the line improves, 10 wins is possible.

Im hearing this a lot. But they are not looking bad. They gave up a lot of sacks last year, but they seem to have fixed that problem....

Brady already started his decline. I have noticed it for a couple of years already. It wouldn't surprise me if it became very noticeable this year. He's not 25 anymore.

The only other factor which is true for all teams is how the injury bug bites.

....and we have added a huge amount of depth at many positions so injury likely won't be as devastating as last season(aside from maybe QB). If our RBs get hurt like last season....we now have reliable alternatives. Lose our top WR for a bunch of games....no worries, we have quality to replace him. CB goes down....again we have a decent replacement. OL? Far deeper than last year.

If one assumes that injury issues cost us a few games last season....and that EJ has improved somewhat.....I see no reason at all to think we can't improve upon 6 wins.

If I had to handicap our AFC East finish I'd say:

1st: 10%

2nd: 33%

3rd: 33%

4th: 24%

So, while I don't think we will finish last, it's certainly possible. Honestly, this year is a total wild card. All depends on EJ.

I think our floor is 6-10 and our ceiling is 12-4.

Here are the six games I'm certain we'll win:

1. Dolphins
  2. Dolphins
  3. Jets
  4. Browns
  5. Raiders
  6. Vikings

Here are six more games I think we can win:

1. Bears
  2. Jets
  3. Texans
  4. Lions
  5. Pats*
  6. Chiefs

Then the four games for which I'm feeling doubtful:

1. Pats*
  2. Packers
  3. Chargers
  4. Broncos

Now how can you tell me you can't find more than 6 wins on that list?

Spot on.

The key is not to fall for r. Brandon's marketing genius.

Is this team better than last year? No, not even close.

Don't get your hopes up and don't get emotionally involved.

"Best time to be a Bills fan is the Offseason"

IMO

The only way you talk someone into something is if they want it in the first place. :devil:

I was under pressure

Apparently 4 playoff appearances in 12 years qualifies. Which means Romo's 3 playoffs in 9 years gets him in also as a franchise QB.

Yes, ,you are right

Yeah I know what you're thinking. We have sucked for so long, what do you expect them to say? Expect to be favored to win the superbowl?

No of course not. And I get that.

In their season preview; The topic title is Buffalo Bills: Going in the wrong direction

Basically I want to know if that's right? Are we going in the wrong direction?

I thougt we were progressing. But in reality, are we going to flat out bust this year?

What do you guys think? Blind faith????

Edit: Forgot to add. They better be wrong!

Go bills!

I suspect we're not so much progressing as running in place - as the similar results in recent years show. Doesn't bother me at all that they picked the Bills for last.

speaking of which, have any national sportswriters/broadcasters predicted them to be this year's "surprise team" yet? that article/proclamation always marks the official beginning of football season for me.

Dave Dameshek said something along those lines but I don't remember where.