UB to wear black alternate helmets

They lost a lot of talent, not just Mack. Honestly I'm not real optimistic. As much of UB booster as I am I'll be the first to admit their schedule of creampuffs last season is a big reason they did so well.

I think Licata is good though he has to get stronger. They do have talent at RB and WR. I have no idea what their D will be like. I'm also not sold on their coach Jeff Quinn. (He goes 8-4 and doesn't get a sniff from a larger program?)

But I will say that UB basketball is going to be awesome under Bobby Hurley. Keep an eye on that team.

If Hurley's team does well I suspect that he will be a hot commodity for the next stepping stone job. The current athletic director, Danny White, is an energetic and ambitious person who desires to quickly move up the ranks.

http://en.wikipedia....hletic_director)

Silly me - I thought that the way to establish a tradition is to win football games instead of wearing crappy-looking uniforms.

:doh:

You can't win if you can't recruit. You can't recruit if no one heard of your school. If you have a problem with UB's unis take look at Maryland or Oregon or even Baylor. Maybe it's stupid to us old farts but the kids respond to it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

i like it. believe it or not, cool uni's actually help get recruits. they are teenagers, they want to play for the "cool looking team with black helmets." look at Oregon. they were terrible 10 yrs ago, now they are one of the best programs in the whole country just because of Nike backing them

i like it. believe it or not, cool uni's actually help get recruits. they are teenagers, they want to play for the "cool looking team with black helmets." look at Oregon. they were terrible 10 yrs ago, now they are one of the best programs in the whole country just because of Nike backing them

New Era is trying to be for UB what Nike is to Oregon. New Era owner is an alum.

Has it always been that way?

No. Back in the day, they were blue and gold. Then when the program returned to life in the '80's they were red, white and blue. Then eventually just blue and white. Then they added the grey. Then they added the black in recent years. I didn't like it, but what's done is done now.

Another school adopting "gangsta-style" uniforms to try to look tough.

:thumbdown:

Black is NOT in their color scheme. It's Nike.

UB's teams from each major sport implement black in their uniforms/accessories. Especially the football team. It seems the University has added black to their color scheme, whether it's "offical" or not. Football team wears black pants often. They have already worn black jerseys too. UB is out for attention, and like a lot of schools they use uniforms as part of that. I prefer the blue and white too, but that genie is out of the bottle now. Nike can't force them to use black. The university liked the idea of it because it's a popular trend. Same way they're turning UB into New York State University...

Those helmets do look sharp though, I can't lie.

Edited by purple haze

No. Back in the day, they were blue and gold. Then when the program returned to life in the '80's they were red, white and blue. Then eventually just blue and white. Then they added the grey. Then they added the black in recent years. I didn't like it, but what's done is done now.

In the very beginning, when they were still D3, then D1A, they wore the Bills hand-me-downs. Not kidding. They've come a long way.

Edited by PromoTheRobot