My one Bills wish

To finally have a QB that we don't worry about. That we know as long as he is playing we have a shot at winning. I mean Christ its only been about what... nearly two decades or 18 years or so since we had that? For those about to whine and B word and talk about other teams that don't have that....All those teams can get bent, I don't care. I only care that the BILLS have yet to find one.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what every fan of every team without a proven franchise QB wishes for. In Buffalo we have to hope EJ develops as we are stuck together for a couple seasons. He looked better in this last preseason game. He's still got a long way to go, but all we can do is watch and hope.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what every fan of every team without a proven franchise QB wishes for. In Buffalo we have to hope EJ develops as we are stuck together for a couple seasons. He looked better in this last preseason game. He's still got a long way to go, but all we can do is watch and hope.

Nah, my one Bills wish is a SUPERBOWL WIN!!!

Oh good, another bash EJ thread ..... in.

Its more of a "we STILL dont' have a kick ass QB thread". I can't per say bash EJ, good kid, good intentions...from what I have seen (and we have seen this too often to not be able to know already) he just isn't what the Bills need.

Let me guess, you made excuses for all the previous QB's as well just knowing if we gave them talent around them (EJ has the best pure talent on offence since the KGun days) or gave them more time they would be the next Aaron Rogers or win us a super bowl right? I Mean while many of us can tell pretty quickly these guys didn't have it. I mean unlike a Collin K or R Willson who by the end of camp their rookie seasons you just knew they would do something special? (note I am not using "Elite" QB's as a reference right?)

Edited by Kellyto83TD

We also have to hope the Off line develops and the tight ends develop - Tom Brady often had multiple top draft choices on his lines..he had 2 (not 1) 1st rd draft picks as tight ends to go along with that line

Lets please slow down on the fantasy football line that somehow an offense develops only as a qb does... it all happens together

Or we cold let the season play out and hopefully by then we'll KNOW if we have the QB we need or not. For now EJ is showing improvement and more reps and games are only going to help that. Patience will be required through this process...

My "One Bills Wish" is that the win the Super Bowl - that should be yours too. But since I've never seen you post anything positive, why would it be?

To finally have a QB that we don't worry about. That we know as long as he is playing we have a shot at winning. I mean Christ its only been about what... nearly two decades or 18 years or so since we had that? For those about to whine and B word and talk about other teams that don't have that....All those teams can get bent, I don't care. I only care that the BILLS have yet to find one.

You have the power to make your wish come true--at least for yourself,. Stop worrying about it. That's it!

There were people who worried about Kemp, Fergy, Kelly...you name it. I remember when some were discussing sitting Kelly behind Frank Reich...seriously. There are maybe 5 QBs in football who qualify as someone most don't have SOME worry about and maybe two of them are young QBs.

The Bill have a very young QB who is in a growth process. That's not something to worry about, IMO. Rather it is something to enjoy watching.

I'd enjoy it more if he'd stop locking on his receivers and patting the ball. Just Sayin'.

do a shot for every ball pat and the game gets way more enjoyable. you'll pass out before the end of the first quarter, but those 15 minutes will be fun as hell.

Its more of a "we STILL dont' have a kick ass QB thread". I can't per say bash EJ, good kid, good intentions...from what I have seen (and we have seen this too often to not be able to know already) he just isn't what the Bills need.

Let me guess, you made excuses for all the previous QB's as well just knowing if we gave them talent around them (EJ has the best pure talent on offence since the KGun days) or gave them more time they would be the next Aaron Rogers or win us a super bowl right? I Mean while many of us can tell pretty quickly these guys didn't have it. I mean unlike a Collin K or R Willson who by the end of camp their rookie seasons you just knew they would do something special? (note I am not using "Elite" QB's as a reference right?)

You know he's not what the Bills need in 12 games? Colin K didn't start the season at QB his rookie season and hadn't Aaron Rodgers sat for 4 yrs behind Brett Favre, he may not be in the league today! QBs need development and if you haven't noticed the one thing about EJ Manuel he rarely make the same mistake twice. It's funny how when EJ drove the team down for the winning score against the Pats and Panthers last season he was "the man". Now because you read these stupid tweets from "journalists" at camp critiquing EJs practice it's all doom and gloom. You're supposed to make the mistakes at practice hence the meaning of the word. As long as EJ isn't making mistakes in games causing the team to lose I'm fine. The QBs job is to not turn the ball over and make plays and so far EJ is doing a good job in his early development.

My one Bills wish is an existential wish: The Bills stay in Buffalo under strong, stable ownership committed to keeping the team in Buffalo for generations.

As for the QB, those of you who are old enough probably remember that there were those who bitched and moaned about Jim Kelly.

Edited by Peter

You have the power to make your wish come true--at least for yourself,. Stop worrying about it. That's it!

There were people who worried about Kemp, Fergy, Kelly...you name it. I remember when some were discussing sitting Kelly behind Frank Reich...seriously. There are maybe 5 QBs in football who qualify as someone most don't have SOME worry about and maybe two of them are young QBs.

The Bill have a very young QB who is in a growth process. That's not something to worry about, IMO. Rather it is something to enjoy watching.

Word. People used to complain about Kelly ALL THE TIME! Let this kid play it out for crying out loud. All these guys were the ones calling for Fitz when he was a backup and then calling for Fitz's backup as soon as he had a bad game. I trust Whaley over all of the people on this board. He is smart and he wants to win.