(OT) Commuter Train Crash in L.A.

Draconator

Commuter Train Derails In Glendale

January 26, 2005, 6:42 AM PST

GLENDALE -- At least one and possibly two Metrolink commuter trains derailed this morning in the Los Angeles suburb of Glendale. There's no word yet on the numbers of people injured.

Firefighters were searching through the wreckage at this hour. Fire crews on the ground are reporting that there are fatalities.

Television reports showed smoke coming from twisted wreckage at the scene of the crash, where two separate trains could be seen derailed.

The derailment happened near San Fernando Road and Chevy Chase Boulevard.

Copyright © 2005, KTLA

On the Fox Affiliate I'm watching this morning, this is about 6 miles north of Dodger Stadium

holy crap, it was a suicidal guy that parked his suv on the tracks, and at least 10 dead in the wreck!!!!!!!  that is crap!

219632[/snapback]

From what I just heard on the radio he tried to commit suicide, chickened out and left his car there on the tracks and then proceeded tp watch this tragedy unfold.

It's about 2 miles from my apartment.

219638[/snapback]

You don't live in Toonerville do you? A buddy of mine rented a house there a few years back and within two weeks LAPD showed up and "recommended" he leave the area because the locals though the was undercover- not a very good 'hood along the LA River.

From what I just heard on the radio he tried to commit suicide, chickened out and left his car there on the tracks and then proceeded tp watch this tragedy unfold.

219648[/snapback]

That's exactly what they're reporting here. Twenty-three-year-old was arrested on 10 counts of murder.

For what it's worth, a small side story is the fact that the first response team is getting tremendous kudos for how they are handling the situation so quickly and with great organization. They are crediting an increase in training for possible terrorist attacks as a reason that many lives have been saved because of such a well-orchestrated response.

219648[/snapback]

Let's add mass murderer to the list of whatever troubles this guy had before. He'll wish he perished with the wreck. Good work assmonkey.

Ordinarily in cases like this, I'd say just take him out back and blow his head off. However, in this case, killing him would give him what he was too much kitty to do on his own. Life in prison would be an excellent opportunity for this POS to sit and rot and think about what he did. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Ordinarily in cases like this, I'd say just take him out back and blow his head off.  However, in this case, killing him would give him what he was too much kitty to do on his own.  Life in prison would be an excellent opportunity for this POS to sit and rot and think about what he did.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

219701[/snapback]

They're reporting that he actually saw the trains collide. That should likely stick with him for a while.