HOF thread?

eball

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows.

Maybe in 15-20 years, we look back on tonight and say "that was the last night of that era, and the start of a new Bills era."

Maybe the Bills come out tonight and look like a team that can WIN for the next 10 years.

Maybe we should take this optimism, and these good feelings, and bring it towards the current Bills.

Back then, it felt like no matter what, there was magic in the air and the Bills would win. The fans created that energy at Rich stadium, never waiting for the inevitable mistake, but getting excited for the comeback, the scoring, the huge play, the division win.

Maybe two eras came to an end last night... the glory years, and the dark years.

this sums up exactly how i felt watching the ceremony last night.

Who knows.

Maybe in 15-20 years, we look back on tonight and say "that was the last night of that era, and the start of a new Bills era."

Maybe the Bills come out tonight and look like a team that can WIN for the next 10 years.

Maybe we should take this optimism, and these good feelings, and bring it towards the current Bills.

Back then, it felt like no matter what, there was magic in the air and the Bills would win. The fans created that energy at Rich stadium, never waiting for the inevitable mistake, but getting excited for the comeback, the scoring, the huge play, the division win.

Maybe two eras came to an end last night... the glory years, and the dark years.

Most excellent post !

I have just been reading this whole thng this morning and rewtaching clips of the induction.

Talk about tearing up !

Aw shoot .

Could not have been any more fantastic.

Worth the Wait Andre ?

I think so.

I dont think i will forget that pass ever.

God love our Buffalo Bills

Who knows.

Maybe, and it would be fantastic if it happened.

If nothing else, I hope every member of the Bills took something away from it.

they could understand what it means to be embraced by a city;

they could understand what it means to be loved and cheered long after their playing days are over;

they could understand what it means to be "a special group of men".

As a random aside it's irking me that Marrone has the team touring the HOF now. They should be in that stadium for Reed's induction with all of those Bills fans there. They should see the love that JK is getting. This was the perfect opportunity for them to learn what it means to be a Buffalo Bill. It is different from most places. I really think that it would have resonated with the younger guys. Just my two cents but it's kind of bothering me...

Agree!

I cant get over the uniqueness of the circumstances surrounding Reed's speech....its just unreal.

He's likely the last Hall of Fame player (Polian will get in) from those glory days and likely the last Bills player for a long time.

His QB and face of our franchise and arguably the city is fighting for his life.

And we have a franchise in limbo following the recent passing of its only owner.

I'm almost 36 and I moved out of Western NY in 2002. I grew up watching these guys. They were my heroes. What that era means to us.......man. I really cant explain it to people under 30 or fans of other teams from other cities for that matter. But you could literally feel Bills nation connecting tonight on an emotional level across the whole country that just can't be explained or understood unless you lived through those glory years.

The 90's Bills and the Cowboys too were the last of their kind. Teams like this cannot ever happen again because of the cap. You can't keep that many Hall of Famers on one team for that long anymore. Tonight, it was almost like Andre was saying goodbye to that era.

As to not ever winning a SB; maybe that sucks up their drive a little and they never get to another one. Who knows? I still wouldn't trade those years for anything outside of multiple super bowl wins.......but we can't......And thats fine by me because I'm dam sure proud of what they did do. And the memories they gave us.

Go Bills!!

And F Bon Jovi.

An awesome post, man. Very introspective and heart felt. Thanks.

Maybe, and it would be fantastic if it happened.

If nothing else, I hope every member of the Bills took something away from it.

they could understand what it means to be embraced by a city;

they could understand what it means to be loved and cheered long after their playing days are over;

they could understand what it means to be "a special group of men".

lets hope " they " do just that. I did .

You make a fantastic point. thank you for reminding us fans too ! well said

i really like how Andre went to Talley 2nd instead of after the Hof'rs...Talley was as much a part of the success as anyone else...without Talley, or Kelly, or Thurman, or Bruce, or Andre, or Marv....et al, there would be NO superbowls. Such a special group of players, such a special team, such a special fan base.

What a great moment that was last night.

Listening to Andre Reed talk about the glory years, really sent me back. Loved every minute of it.

Michael Strahan & Aeneas Williams also had great speeches.

Who knows.

Oh well, it was a great thought!