GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

You are correct I believe it is a players vote, though I’ve often wondered if the coaches have some influence. I know the issue is never lack of talent but at times it has been lack of focus, player-driven leadership, or lack of toughness. With so much hype, NIL, etc I wonder if Day is trying to instill more of this into his culture. It wasn’t that long ago that we had a LB quit the team at halftime and tell them all to ***** off before the game was even over. The defense especially, having been completely overhauled, needs good leaders. I don’t know about Harrison other than there was some buzz early on in his career that he wasn’t dialed in. I’m sure there is info about the captains on Buckeye Scoop but I won’t rejoin that toxic place to find out! 

Two important takeaways here: (1) having team captains that aren't big-money NIL guys makes a ton of sense, and I'd bet that you're right about coaches having some influence; and (2) we should discuss all the drama on the Buckeye beat this summer. I follow all of them on Twitter and listen to a few podcasts, but I never joined the Scoop and holy moly what a meltdown.

Edited by Willyville Guy

On 8/14/2022 at 11:06 AM, Willyville Guy said:

Two important takeaways here: (1) having team captains that aren't big-money NIL guys makes a ton of sense, and I'd bet that you're right about coaches having some influence; and (2) we should discuss all the drama on the Buckeye beat this summer. I follow all of them on Twitter and listen to a few podcasts, but I never joined the Scoop and holy moly what a meltdown.

And apparently they also did this to channel 6 last week. They downloaded the videos from Eleven Warriors YouTube channels and posted as their own.  I don’t understand how Bill Greene still associates himself with those scum bags 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This absolutely sucks. He was having a great camp which followed up a strong spring. But Dallas Hayden looks like a really good freshman and I still love pork Chop miyan Williams 

Brutal. Here's a kid who's obviously gifted, fell down the depth chart a bit last year for good reasons considering the RB room, and if he entered the portal nobody would have blamed him. Instead he chose to stay and compete, came on toward the end of the year, and had a great spring game. I expected him to be a breakout star this year.  Really feel bad for him.   

Lots of pressure on 32 this year.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

Here's a good rundown of all the recent movement on the Buckeye beat. Didn't realize DJ joined a new outlet. I've really come to appreciate Ross Fulton's schematic analyses. Thank goodness Ramzy stays above the fray.  

That is nuts! I got an email today to sign up for Buckeye Huddle, which looks to be exactly like Buckeye Scoop but only with all the good people who got fired/sued/bought out and not Barton and Nevada. It’s still $ but we will see how long I can hold off during the season.

Ramzy is the king!

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I had never heard of Holly before this, but she is clearly a brilliant and highly skilled journalist lmao.

Haha she’s one of the sideline reporters for ESPN. I think she’s on college game day now too. Typically she does seem pretty knowledgeable! 😄