GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

Can’t knock the kid’s hustle. 

Day never wanted him to re-classify but it was either that or he would go elsewhere. Ultimately he wanted assurances from Day that he would start a certain number of games next year because it would bring in more NIL deals and Day refused (obviously). NIL is clearly his biggest priority. 

On 11/27/2021 at 6:06 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Wisconsin and Iowa are utterly lifeless on offense, I can’t see it 

I had to bump this after watching the championship game. I realize you follow college ball closely, but you weren’t kidding about the Iowa offense. I didn’t realize it was that bad, wow. 

18 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I had to bump this after watching the championship game. I realize you follow college ball closely, but you weren’t kidding about the Iowa offense. I didn’t realize it was that bad, wow. 

Tragic, I tell you. 

Iowa throws three times on a drive.

"They're letting everything hang out on this drive!"

💀

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tragic, I tell you. 

Iowa throws three times on a drive.

"They're letting everything hang out on this drive!"

💀

It was weird.  Once Michigan adjusted to that PA bootleg that worked some in the 1st half, their offense was toast.  Ferentz is a great coach, and he overachieves at Iowa, but how can you literally have no other plan than that? 

Michigan has a decent chance in the playoffs, but they need more out of McNamara.  He shows flashes, but he needs to have a Nick Foles type playoff switch to get them a championship.  The defense and run game are there. 

27 minutes ago, cle23 said:

It was weird.  Once Michigan adjusted to that PA bootleg that worked some in the 1st half, their offense was toast.  Ferentz is a great coach, and he overachieves at Iowa, but how can you literally have no other plan than that? 

Michigan has a decent chance in the playoffs, but they need more out of McNamara.  He shows flashes, but he needs to have a Nick Foles type playoff switch to get them a championship.  The defense and run game are there. 

Ferentz hiring his kid to be the OC was a mistake 

This was mentioned in another thread (hat tip Knowles's girlfriend).  It's a good sign for Day that he got the guy he wanted and that every other school apparently wanted this year.  Hopefully Knowles comes in and gets the players he needs to bring great defense back to Ohio State.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

This was mentioned in another thread (hat tip Knowles's girlfriend).  It's a good sign for Day that he got the guy he wanted and that every other school apparently wanted this year.  Hopefully Knowles comes in and gets the players he needs to bring great defense back to Ohio State.

tOSU just got the best DC in the country. 

I'd argue with anyone that Oklahoma State has the #1 defense in college football this season. Gave up 21 total touchdowns (no more than 24 points allowed in ANY game by that defense). No other team in the nation did that this year. Leads in sacks, 3rd down defense, 4th down defense, top 3 in yards allowed, etc, etc. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

Predictions for the Rose Bowl?

I'm concerned that the Bucks could take a loss here against a Utah team that by all accounts plays with great toughness.  The OL and DL got pushed around by Oregon and Michigan, and to a lesser extend by Penn St and Nebraska too. Now with Petit-Frere opting out on offense along with Garrett on defense, Ohio State's woes in the trenches could be seriously exacerbated. Hopefully the loss of those two will be balanced out by an attitude adjustment after hearing about how soft people think the lines are for the past month.   

On the flip side, I'm super excited to see Stroud, Henderson, and Smith-Njigba ball out with the rest of the offense. I fully expect them to make a ton of plays and set up a glorious campaign for 2022-23.

As for this season, it was frustrating to see the defense bottom out--especially at linebacker of all positions--and painful to lose to the rival. But it was also awesome to see Day make staffing and player changes on the fly to keep the team on track, unbelievably entertaining to watch the offense when it was firing on all cylinders, and with so many freshman playing all year at a high level it's hard not to be optimistic about the future. This game won't change any of that.  It is the Rose Bowl though, and I don't want my school to put a loss in Granddaddy's history books, so hopefully these kids will "(1) hit the hardest, (2) start the fastest, and (3) be too damn smart to make mistakes," as Woody would say, and get another win in Pasadena.

35-24 Ohio State. Go Bucks!

I really don’t know what to expect. I’m excited to see what should be a glimpse of the 2022 offense (minus Ruckert, thanks for playing today dude!)

the defense, good or bad today, will be kind of meaningless to me. I don’t think when they take the field vs ND in September that it will look anything like it does today. I hope for a decent performance, but with all the injuries a and opt outs (Haskell Garrett is perhaps the most significant opt out given the gap between him and the depth behind him) I’m not that optimistic on what it will look like.

i think the Bucks can win! Excited to soak in one more game before the long wait until September. 

Edited by YoloinOhio