GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

tOSU fans.... (not going back all the posts the past few pages)... what did you think about Jim Knowles defense? Complete shutout in the 2nd half. 

That's exactly what he did at my OSU. The Pokes defense was THE BEST in the country last year (arguably) and HANDS DOWN the best in the 2nd half. No team was as good as Oklahoma State making halftime adjustments. Knowles is a master at it. 

Get these numbers.... in the 2nd half of the games last year for the Cowboys:

@ Boise State: 0 points allowed

K-State: 1 touchdown allowed

Baylor (game 1): 2 touchdowns allowed. Ok State won by 10

@ Texas: 1 touchdown allowed, no points allowed the final 27 minutes 

Kansas: 0 points allowed 

Iowa State: 2 touchdowns allowed

@ WVU: 0 points allowed

TCU: 1 touchdown allowed

@ Texas Tech: 0 points allowed (the entire game)

OU: 0 offensive touchdowns allowed

Baylor (Big XII championship): 0 points allowed

Notre Dame (Fiesta Bowl): 1 touchdown allowed (with 65 seconds left)

Only one game, the defense struggled in the 2nd half... that was against Iowa State in Ames. Every other game the defense practically destroyed the opp. offense. 

BTW: How the f*** does Ohio State win like they did and DROP in the polls?!?!? Total BS. 

I'm rooting for tOSU and my OSU this season. With Knowles there as well as Tanner McCalister (former Ok State grad transfer), it's hard to root against the Buckeyes! 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

tOSU fans.... (not going back all the posts the past few pages)... what did you think about Jim Knowles defense? Complete shutout in the 2nd half. 

That's exactly what he did at my OSU. The Pokes defense was THE BEST in the country last year (arguably) and HANDS DOWN the best in the 2nd half. No team was as good as Oklahoma State making halftime adjustments. Knowles is a master at it. 

Get these numbers.... in the 2nd half of the games last year for the Cowboys:

@ Boise State: 0 points allowed

K-State: 1 touchdown allowed

Baylor (game 1): 2 touchdowns allowed. Ok State won by 10

@ Texas: 1 touchdown allowed, no points allowed the final 27 minutes 

Kansas: 0 points allowed 

Iowa State: 2 touchdowns allowed

@ WVU: 0 points allowed

TCU: 1 touchdown allowed

@ Texas Tech: 0 points allowed (the entire game)

OU: 0 offensive touchdowns allowed

Baylor (Big XII championship): 0 points allowed

Notre Dame (Fiesta Bowl): 1 touchdown allowed (with 65 seconds left)

Only one game, the defense struggled in the 2nd half... that was against Iowa State in Ames. Every other game the defense practically destroyed the opp. offense. 

BTW: How the f*** does Ohio State win like they did and DROP in the polls?!?!? Total BS. 

I'm rooting for tOSU and my OSU this season. With Knowles there as well as Tanner McCalister (former Ok State grad transfer), it's hard to root against the Buckeyes! 

Impressed so far. Total 180 from last year with almost the exact same personnel. Its hard to know too much yet given that ND is somewhat limited on offense with it’s non-elite WR talent and an inexperienced QB but loved the game plan vs Michael Mayer and how the DL competed in the trenches. Loved the halftime adjustments. Loved that the Lbs and safeties appeared to know where they had to be and were flying to the ball. Our MLB looks like a new player. I’m sure Knowles aggressive nature is going to give up some big plays but for the most part I do think we have the talent at corner to zero blitz. Overall I’m pumped to see more. 

he’s a very confident guy. I think he’s taken a lot of the stress off of Day that he had last year where he felt like he had to be in the defensive meetings because he didn’t trust the DC (clearly). Knowles is the HC of the defense which is going to in turn create more dynamic profession on the offense as we break in all the new WRs. 

as far as rankings, they are meaningless until November but I think UGA should be #1 since they trounced the #11 team from start to finish. Teams that were favored by 30+ points vs cupcakes did what they were supposed to do and shouldn’t move up. Interesting ND only dropped 3 spots after their loss, but Oregon dropped completely out of the top 25. ND got more credit for competing hard vs Ohio state than Ohio state got for winning. I think if the game went 5 quarters the Buckeyes probably win by 20+. Losing JSN early created a lot of shuffling on the offensive side and took a bit to adapt. Once they got going ND wore down. Osu could have covered the spread at the end and kneeled down.  But it doesn’t matter. Time to go 2-0 and continue to get better. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Fun win today. Stroud, Henderson, and Harrison all looked great on O. Hall, Cam Brown (finally), McCalister and Proctor stood out to me on D.   Burke is having a surprising rough start to the season as top CB. Burnt twice last week. PI issues today, including a bad one where he didn’t turn around, and he was benched for part of the first half. I hope he’s healthy, and that he continues to progress as a shut down corner following an incredible freshman year.

Edited by Willyville Guy

2 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Fun win today. Stroud, Henderson, and Harrison all looked great on O. Hall, Cam Brown (finally), McCalister and Proctor stood out to me on D.   Burke is having a surprising rough start to the season as top CB. Burnt twice last week. PI issues today, including a bad one where he didn’t turn around, and he was benched for part of the first half. I hope he’s healthy, and that he continues to progress as a shut down corner following an incredible freshman year.

Marv is a beast. He should have had 5 TDs! I think he scored on the one he dragged his foot in the end zone and it wasn’t reviewed and then he crossed the plane on the other. Refs had an interesting day. Denzel Burke had a very bad day. I had Shaun Wade flashbacks. Hope it’s not a trend!

Edited by YoloinOhio

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s tip our caps to a remarkable offensive performance against Toledo. Day and Stroud’s Buckeyes broke the all-time school record with 736 yards of offense, scoring 11 touchdowns on 12 drives. 

I’m worried about these injuries though. In addition to the WRs, Henderson, Hall, Proctor, and McAllister are all critical players.  Day says nothing is “long term” but this team feels banged up to me.  

I’m looking forward to returning to the ‘Shoe this Sat for a blackout against Wisconsin!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Wisky is always a challenge. I don’t expect that level of production this week as Jim Leonard always has his defense dialed in and they have some really good players. However having all of our WRs will be awesome. Stroud has looked phenomenal. Day said today that treveyon should be able to play, so that helps too. My main concern continues to be pass rush and secondary. Giving up too many big plays downfield. I know that Toledo’s Qb is pretty good and we were missing both starting safeties and mike hall but big 10 play is going to leave much less margin for error. Go Bucks!!

Edited by YoloinOhio

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He has been a godsend for many reasons, one of which what he has done with the linebackers. Amazing. 

I'm really happy for him and McAlister... pulling for you guys. He seriously changed the Oklahoma State's personality with his defense. Derrick Mason is still running that defense in Stillwater that Knowles left behind (minus all the All Big-XII kids who went to the NFL, like Malcom Rodriquez).