GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

• 3 weeks later...

10 days before they kick off.

can't wait. was in Toledo (well, Sylvania - where I grew up) a while back, when to the famed Buckeye/Wolverine store. It's now just the Buckeye store, though and moved from the original location. It got the juices flowing.

10 days before they kick off.

can't wait. was in Toledo (well, Sylvania - where I grew up) a while back, when to the famed Buckeye/Wolverine store. It's now just the Buckeye store, though and moved from the original location. It got the juices flowing.

that area is definitely half buckeye, half michigan. Maybe more Michigan? Glad you picked the right side!!

that area is definitely half buckeye, half michigan. Maybe more Michigan? Glad you picked the right side!!

there was another side of the store? i thought that was just the dumpster area?

Actually, if you never knew, history lesson. Toledo used to be called Port Lawrence. Toledo is a major point for the whole tOSU/UM thing because at one point Michigan invaded Toledo claiming it was their's in order to get the Maumee River and its port. Ohio was furious, the two sides almost went to war and it became a huge court deal going to the USSC. The USSC gave Toledo to Ohio and gave the Upper Peninsula to Michigan.

Edited by Boyst62

there was another side of the store? i thought that was just the dumpster area?

Actually, if you never knew, history lesson. Toledo used to be called Port Lawrence. Toledo is a major point for the whole tOSU/UM thing because at one point Michigan invaded Toledo claiming it was there's in order to get the Maumee River and its port. Ohio was furious, the two sides almost went to war and it became a huge court deal going to the USSC. The USSC gave Toledo to Ohio and gave the Upper Peninsula to Michigan.

ahhh I never learned Ohio history growing up in Buffalo. It all makes sense now!

Meanwhile, it looks like the "other" QB competition relevant to this message board may be heading in the direction of a rotation. I don't like rotating QBs, but I get that it's about earning playing time at tOSU, and both guys have earned it. We'll see how it plays out....

Also, at today's presser Ed Warinner identified a few class of '14 WRs to look out for at VT: Johnnie Dixon, Parris Campbell, and Terry McLaurin.

Game week, boys!

Meanwhile, it looks like the "other" QB competition relevant to this message board may be heading in the direction of a rotation. I don't like rotating QBs, but I get that it's about earning playing time at tOSU, and both guys have earned it. We'll see how it plays out....

Also, at today's presser Ed Warinner identified a few class of '14 WRs to look out for at VT: Johnnie Dixon, Parris Campbell, and Terry McLaurin.

Game week, boys!

local media seems really convinced it is Barrett. I am not sure what to expect but need to trust urban. I'm sooooo nervous about this game and so mad at bosa for getting suspended. Edited by YoloinOhio

Have you been watching Scarlet and Gray Days on BTN? Very good stuff. Last week Josh Perry said he was preparing to play some DE in game one. I'd obviously rather see him focus on being the best LB he can be ... but still, the thought of him coming off the edge for one game is interesting. I'm freaking out about next week.

Have you been watching Scarlet and Gray Days on BTN? Very good stuff. Last week Josh Perry said he was preparing to play some DE in game one. I'd obviously rather see him focus on being the best LB he can be ... but still, the thought of him coming off the edge for one game is interesting. I'm freaking out about next week.

yes I have been watching and I love the look of the OL. IMO that is the biggest difference between this year and last. I am freaking out as well. Monday is going to be a verrrry long day!

Buckeye beat reporter for The Dispatch, Bill Rablinowitz, wrote a book called The Chase about the 2014 championship season. This morning the paper printed the entire chapter about the Michigan State game. I remember how pumped up I was when I heard Darron Lee candidly say "we know what this week's about, and it's on, honestly" immediately after the Illinois game the week before. Great stuff.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2015/09/05/book-excerpt-msu1.html

I will now resume pretending that last year never happened because it's a new season and there is no champion. #thegrind

Edited by Willyville Guy

Buckeye beat reporter for The Dispatch, Bill Rablinowitz, wrote a book called The Chase about the 2014 championship season. This morning the paper printed the entire chapter about the Michigan State game. I remember how pumped up I was when I heard Darron Lee candidly say "we know what this week's about, and it's on, honestly" immediately after the Illinois game the week before. Great stuff.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2015/09/05/book-excerpt-msu1.html

I will now resume pretending that last year never happened because it's a new season and there is no champion. #thegrind

it has been a wild and fantastic 9 months. Time to defend!