Buffalo Bills Training Camp Report: 7/20/2014

Great job, Mike. Welcome back.

Loved hearing the good things about Anthony Dixon. Our running game will be fun to watch this year.

Do you think the Bills will keep a FullBack this year?

Any idea why Dustin Hopkins did not get any kicks last night?

Great job, Mike. Welcome back.

Loved hearing the good things about Anthony Dixon. Our running game will be fun to watch this year.

Do you think the Bills will keep a FullBack this year?

Any idea why Dustin Hopkins did not get any kicks last night?

I can honestly see Frank Summers as a camp cut. They can use Dixon as the HB. No idea why Hopkins didn't do any kicking. I guess they are keeping on kickoffs only. Not sure...

I can honestly see Frank Summers as a camp cut. They can use Dixon as the HB. No idea why Hopkins didn't do any kicking. I guess they are keeping on kickoffs only. Not sure...

Ok. I would not be surprised if the Bills keep both Carpenter & Hopkins.

Yes, Carpenter got the big contract, but I don't think the Bills can just outright cut a guy like Hopkins who has great potential.

Great thing to watch...

Rob Quinn@RQUINN619 2m

Will the #Bills Keep A "True" Fullback? http://billsmafia.com/2014/07/21/buffalo-bills-training-camp-storylines-will-fullback-make-roster/ … (via @TheBillsMafia)

Speaking of 28...

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 34m

An update on CJ Spiller: He still does not have an agent. He's an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. #Bills

Oh...I saw that tweet. Definitely factored into what I said. He's on a thin line...indeed.

What's exciting about that for us Bills fans is his damn-near atomic-level of potential.

i don't think Summers makes the team. It'll be CJ, Freddy, Dixon and Brown

i don't think his next contract will be with Buffalo regardless how good or bad he is after this year. I hope he's gonna be stellar, but boy did Brown and Dixon look great yesterday

Yep

And this is based on the first day of training camp without pads? :)

And his inability to find the inside creases last year. And the high volume of runs last year. And the up tempo offense they want run this year.

It's clear they want to pound you up the middle, torch you on the outside.

If CJ can figure out a way to torch up the middle--and I have no doubt in his ability to do so, especially if opposing defenses get softened up by what appears to be a three-headed battering ram--then we're !@#$ing golden.

Oh...I saw that tweet. Definitely factored into what I said. He's on a thin line...indeed.

What's exciting about that for us Bills fans is his damn-near atomic-level of potential.

But if he represents himself, and maybe with a little help from Leodis... we could sign him for like 1 mill/yr with no guaranteed money. All incentive-based, too. Actually, he will end up paying the Bills to play here.

Man, the writing on the wall better be pretty !@#$ing clear for CJ. They want a bruiser who can burst between the tackles to open up the outside for Sammy. CJ better do his thing, and do it to the best of his ability or his next contract won't be with Buffalo.

Thanks, Mike!

That's very possible.

Thank you Mike. It's tough. Of I had a laptop I could write it up much nicer and neater with more info. As it is, it's very hard to type it all on my phone and wAtch at the same time. Hard to see whose in all the plays every time because I'm typing. So it's hard to tell what kind of formations and defensive schemes there is going on. It's basically just the outcome of the plays that I can decipher while typing.

Have you considered dictating into your iPhone? I've been amazed at how accurate it has become. I regularly dictate lists, emails, and texts now. If you dictated into the Notes app you could then cut and paste into TSW.

Just a thought. Nobody cares if there are some errors -- given the service you are providing.

My iPhone doesn't listen that well. Lol. And if I did that it seems like it would take too long to take that extra step in between plays and or drills to get everything posted.

Edited by mrags

Is that an unintentional backhanded compliment or what! :w00t:

Haha. His write ups are great. Well written and there are no agendas. Whenever I frustrated with how negative and bitter this board can be at times (and the Bills deserve a lot of the blame for that), these posts make it all worth it. Great stuff.

Haha. His write ups are great. Well written and there are no agendas. Whenever I frustrated with how negative and bitter this board can be at times (and the Bills deserve a lot of the blame for that), these posts make it all worth it. Great stuff.

Wow! That means a lot. I'll admit the negativity has chased me away from most of the message boards. That's why I love twitter and BillsMafia. Most of them still have the rose colored glasses and are proud of it.

Awesome job Mike! I don't know how you can take such detailed notes on play by play. But sure glad you do!

I basically do a shorthand and write just the numbers. It gets tough sometimes, that's why I've given up on the passing drills. Those go way too fast.