What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Just now, Roundybout said:

AHM JUS EXORSIZIN MAH SECOND AMENDMNT RAGHTS 

Thanks for confirming that you have no intellectual standing on this issue.

When facts come out then perhaps a discussion can be had.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Thanks for confirming that you have no intellectual standing on this issue.

When facts come out then perhaps a discussion can be had.

“I can only feel like a man if I have 50 high powered rifles”

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Weird you feel that way. BTW: Way to go with adding to the debate.

There’s nothing to debate. People are getting gunned down in the street en masse and republicans will stick their heads in the sand and screech about a single paragraph written 250 years ago for muskets and a militia. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

BREAKING: Another active shooter scenario is being played out in Louisville, but we won’t know if the bad guy is the shooter or THE GUN until we find out the race/gender/sexual preference of the perp.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

There’s nothing to debate. People are getting gunned down in the street en masse and republicans will stick their heads in the sand and screech about a single paragraph written 250 years ago for muskets and a militia. 

Coming after guns, in this country, is not a popular political decision despite the loudness of the gun control crowd.  

I’d agree that we can’t continue having mass shootings every week.  It’s out of control. 

You can also thank Dems response to covid and the past few years for me completely changing my tune on this issue.  

I don’t own a gun, I used to be for strict gun control measures.  Then I saw the power grab of the past few years.  I don’t trust your side - at all - to limit gun control to “sensible” measures. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Context needs to be added to what a "mass shooting" actually is. What the libs like to count as mass shootings aren't really mass shootings... they are GANG shootings. 

But again, good job adding to the debate... trying to figure out how to stop things like actual school shootings.

23 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

why?

Gang vs gang... where 3 people get shot and live is completely different than what took place in Nashville or Vegas. 

Most mass shootings (that are again, counted by the media and left) are GANG shootings and carried out by minorities. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I guess I don't understand why it matters. When multiple people get shot in a single event, that is a mass shooting, who cares about the motive or if someone is in a gang. 

you second statement appears to be opinion not fact

It matters because many of these shootings are gang shootings, and no level of gun control will stop them from obtaining guns in this country.  

Nobody wants to focus on that because of race or whatever politically correct reason, but when we have neighborhoods that police literally leave to their own devices and don’t even patrol… in America… yet still count a weekend gang shooting as a mass shooting to justify the removal of guns from law abiding citizens, well then … the data isn’t exactly worth much. 

We are so far gone from being able to effectively curtail this issue without taking drastic measures that effect mainly law abiding gun owners.  I don’t know what the answer is, but these last few years have shown me that the answer can’t be “trust the government and give up more of our rights”.  

• Thank you (+1) 2