What is better, no guns, or more guns?

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So now the police can’t have guns either? I’m not following the point of this story. 

The lesson is when you're a person of color in Austin and your house is getting robbed consider the police rolling up to be hostiles and open fire on them before the get out of the car.  You'll be saving lives!  Your own.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

34 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Dumbass thinks his home has been burglarized so he wanders around outside at night with a rifle.  What was he planning on doing with his rifle outside?  

Wait - you’re the guy who got a Glock when you lived in Oakland for the same exact reason.

Are you white? 

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Wait - you’re the guy who got a Glock when you lived in Oakland for the same exact reason.

Are you white? 

You don't walk around outside a neighborhood with a weapon drawn. You don't unholster it unless there is a visual deadly threat that requires lethal force to prevent and you have no other means of escaping. This guy was looking to start a gun fight which is not self defense. I live out in the country and I have my weapon concealed at all times. If I were to draw my weapon I am now that perceived threat to police and would expected to be shot even on my own property 

15 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The lesson is when you're a person of color in Austin and your house is getting robbed consider the police rolling up to be hostiles and open fire on them before the get out of the car.  You'll be saving lives!  Your own.

Different rules for different folks eh?

image.thumb.jpeg.37eef0736a1b8bb66fb7d5829b9a9df6.jpeg

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Are you white? 

My skin color has nothing to do with it.  You take a course.  That course tells you to stay in your home and dial 911.  You explain the situation to 911.  You tell them “I am armed and in my home. I am wearing_______and I am (height/weight/hair color).  The police show up and you have a weapon and if they have no idea if you’re a good guy or bad guy you may very well get shot. Kind of like this dumbass did. 

Yes, I got my weapon for the same exact reason but knew I had a responsibility to me, my wife, my neighbors and the police to know how to handle such situations. But you keep advocating for something you do not understand and value.  And there’s that word again…..value. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

My skin color has nothing to do with it.  You take a course.  That course tells you to stay in your home and dial 911.  You explain the situation to 911.  You tell them “I am armed and in my home. I am wearing_______and I am (height/weight/hair color).  The police show up and you have a weapon and if they have no idea if you’re a good guy or bad guy you may very well get shot. Kind of like this dumbass did. 

Yes, I got my weapon for the same exact reason but knew I had a responsibility to me, my wife, my neighbors and the police to know how to handle such situations. But you keep advocating for something you do not understand and value.  And there’s that word again…..value. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866b412d731e69af4a72

16 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You don't walk around outside a neighborhood with a weapon drawn. You don't unholster it unless there is a visual deadly threat that requires lethal force to prevent and you have no other means of escaping. This guy was looking to start a gun fight which is not self defense. I live out in the country and I have my weapon concealed at all times. If I were to draw my weapon I am now that perceived threat to police and would expected to be shot even on my own property 

Did you see the videos?

Did the cop training include time, distance, and cover?

We will see more of this in these permitless open carry states?

Yep

Did the guy deserve to get shot? 

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Did you see the videos?

Did the cop training include time, distance, and cover?

We will see more of this in these permitless open carry states?

Yep

Did the guy deserve to get shot? 

No one deserves to get shot. But he was real stupid with how he handled this situation. Would you agree with that?  

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Glad you find something as serious as protecting your home and family funny.  I hope you never have to protect your loved ones with a spatula. 

30 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My skin color has nothing to do with it.

Right. 

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Right. 

What does my or more to the point his skin color have to do with it?  Are you saying because I'm white I do a better job following gun protocol.  I hope that's not what you're saying but it sounds like that's what you're saying.  

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Looking at these images how in the world does anyone think that the guy’s skin color had anything to do with him being shot? Is that the lesson we’re supposed to learn? Talking about turning yourselves into knots! 

I'm darker than he is.  

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What does my or more to the point his skin color have to do with it?  Are you saying because I'm white I do a better job following gun protocol.  I hope that's not what you're saying but it sounds like that's what you're saying.  

I'm darker than he is.  

Yes but you’ve been out by the pool. 😎

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

No one deserves to get shot. But he was real stupid with how he handled this situation. Would you agree with that?  

He felt empowered in one of the NRA’s favorite states where everyone gets a gun!

Them the rules! 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

He felt empowered in one of the NRA’s favorite states where everyone gets a gun!

Them the rules! 

Them the rules???  WTF

Maybe you'd benefit from an home safety course.  Once you've taken it you'd probably be better equipped to defend your stance. As of now you have no idea what you're talking about. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Them the rules???  WTF

Maybe you'd benefit from an home safety course.  Once you've taken it you'd probably be better equipped to defend your stance. As of now you have no idea what you're talking about. 

More guns, Jim - don’t tread on me with more rules and restriction - everyone gets a gun 

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

More guns, Jim - don’t tread on me with more rules and restriction - everyone gets a gun 

Yup that's the plan.  Give everyone a gun.   <_<

Well that's the plan inside your tiny mind.  A critical thinking person know that plan SHOULD be this.  Allow those who would like to protect themselves and their families to purchase a gun.  Make them go through a stringent background check and mandatory gun safety class before the firearm is sold.  Then then go through a re-registration process every couple of years.  During that process they well go through another background check including any red flag warnings that may pop up including mental health issues.  They will also be required to take and pass another gun safety course.  But no you stick with your impossible achievement of not guns for anyone.  

Edited by Chef Jim

25 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yup that's the plan.  Give everyone a gun.   <_<

Well that's the plan inside your tiny mind.  A critical thinking person know that plan SHOULD be this.  Allow those who would like to protect themselves and their families to purchase a gun.  Make them go through a stringent background check and mandatory gun safety class before the firearm is sold.  Then then go through a re-registration process every couple of years.  During that process they well go through another background check including any red flag warnings that may pop up including mental health issues.  They will also be required to take and pass another gun safety course.  But no you stick with your no guns for anyone.  

Jim - that sounds fantastic but that’s not Texas. Texas has some of the weakest gun laws in the nation… where it’s pretty much: everyone gets a gun

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Jim - that sounds fantastic but that’s not Texas. Texas has some of the weakest gun laws in the nation… where it’s pretty much: everyone gets a gun

I thought no guns was fantastic to you.  

I have a great idea!  Don't move to Texas.  Your problem solved! 

And it's everyone gets a gun who wants one.  Just as it should be.  

Edited by Chef Jim