My psychological profile thread

A while back we had some throw down threads meant to be a tournament battle between posters. It worked out for a while but it got frustrating for several reasons. Posters were too nice, didn't make up enough crap, shied away from defending their positions and failed to post in a timely manner. Overall my frustration was that I could not control any of those things so I thought I would start a thread I can control more easily.

Good news: this is the thread.

Here is how it will work:

I will select specific posts from PPP and link them. I may expand to other areas of TBD but don't expect it unless it is Beerboy that is the subject.

Once linked I will describe what I think the poster wants you to hear, what the post really says which is often different, and the underlying psychological issues that help create the post.

I will gladly accept criticism of my analysis, but only from the subject poster. All others will be shunned.

I will keep my comments about the psychological profiles in this thread only although i may engage in logical arguments in the subject thread as I have been known to do.

I don't know how this will go exactly but I expect to start out with some simple psychological profiles like Beerboy or Greggy and then move on to some of the more complex individuals.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost 2 weeks and Not-Crayonz has nothing.

Looks like, once again, the bar is set too high for this poster, even when they set it themselves. :lol:

Not-crayonz: I'll save you the struggle of trying to create a profile/reasons why I am posting this(or whatevertheF you are babbling about)

I am making fun of you. Largely because it's hilarious, for me. Also because it's fun to watch you try and operate at a level that, as you've demonstrated yet again, is beyond your capability.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Almost 2 weeks and Not-Crayonz has nothing.

Looks like, once again, the bar is set too high for this poster, even when they set it themselves. :lol:

Not-crayonz: I'll save you the struggle of trying to create a profile/reasons why I am posting this(or whatevertheF you are babbling about)

I am making fun of you. Largely because it's hilarious, for me. Also because it's fun to watch you try and operate at a level that, as you've demonstrated yet again, is beyond your capability.

If you read the initial post you would have realized that this thread is intended for my control. This includes when I do and do not analyze someone. As they say in your biz: RTFM.

Despite the fact that my business is a very stable money making operation with massive revenue streams from rich chicks everywhere, it is never a good idea to sit back and take things for granted. Do women pay me a lot of money for my services and the services of those in my employ? Yes. Do they pay me for audio, video, and physical products which give them satisfaction? Yes. Do I receive payments on services we have never even invoiced simply because the woman imagined me and felt obligated to pay? Of course. All of this takes up my time if it is going to run smoothly so pardon me if I don't feel obligated to follow Greggy's timeline or yours.

Given that I now have a few seconds of spare time I will analyze two of the easier subjects and their individual posts here:

Greggy is a character who I'd expect to tackle in multiple posts in this thread because he has a few different aspects to him. Not many mind you, but a few. There will probably be one about pot, maybe one about Julie Krone and his weird attraction to her, and definitely one about UFOs and related topics. Anyway for today I will stick his blank posts in this thread. Well, he thinks we think they are blank which may have something to do with the pot. In reality we all figured out how to read them. The truth is, the hidden words are an attempt to prove his cleverness which is a premium product in Hollywood. I wish him well in further developing this, like times 10 trillion from where he is today, because that cleverness helps generate jobs for chicks who will eventually make way too much money but still have all of their insecurities if not more than they started with. This is where I come in, take their money and convince them they can be satisfied by Beerboy. The reason Greggy made the posts blank on first glance is that he realizes all of this cleverness is merely a shield and he wonders if the blankness is truly representative of his and everyone's innermost thoughts....especially his. Through the course of this thread I expect to help build Greggy's self esteem gradually because I kind of like the dude.....it may take years. but I will build it. I haven't decided yet whether I will tear it all back down when I am done but I am a nice guy so probably not.

As for your post it is a funny thing...I could try to analyze this individual post and then do another and another and another. I have to give you credit for consistency though. Many if not all of the analyses would be the same. I will summarize it in a song by one of my hamster Sammy's favorite bands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC1OWgCeHgA

how bout everyone due a scientifically validated personality test instead? http://www.16persona...ntj-personality. nah, that'd be too logical.

We should due one? When is it dew? Before the morning do?

Get your own thread please.

P.S. That site was written by douche bags, for douche bags.

Edited by 4merper4mer

If you read the initial post you would have realized that this thread is intended for my control. This includes when I do and do not analyze someone. As they say in your biz: RTFM.

Despite the fact that my business is a very stable money making operation with massive revenue streams from rich chicks everywhere, it is never a good idea to sit back and take things for granted. Do women pay me a lot of money for my services and the services of those in my employ? Yes. Do they pay me for audio, video, and physical products which give them satisfaction? Yes. Do I receive payments on services we have never even invoiced simply because the woman imagined me and felt obligated to pay? Of course. All of this takes up my time if it is going to run smoothly so pardon me if I don't feel obligated to follow Greggy's timeline or yours.

Given that I now have a few seconds of spare time I will analyze two of the easier subjects and their individual posts here:

Greggy is a character who I'd expect to tackle in multiple posts in this thread because he has a few different aspects to him. Not many mind you, but a few. There will probably be one about pot, maybe one about Julie Krone and his weird attraction to her, and definitely one about UFOs and related topics. Anyway for today I will stick his blank posts in this thread. Well, he thinks we think they are blank which may have something to do with the pot. In reality we all figured out how to read them. The truth is, the hidden words are an attempt to prove his cleverness which is a premium product in Hollywood. I wish him well in further developing this, like times 10 trillion from where he is today, because that cleverness helps generate jobs for chicks who will eventually make way too much money but still have all of their insecurities if not more than they started with. This is where I come in, take their money and convince them they can be satisfied by Beerboy. The reason Greggy made the posts blank on first glance is that he realizes all of this cleverness is merely a shield and he wonders if the blankness is truly representative of his and everyone's innermost thoughts....especially his. Through the course of this thread I expect to help build Greggy's self esteem gradually because I kind of like the dude.....it may take years. but I will build it. I haven't decided yet whether I will tear it all back down when I am done but I am a nice guy so probably not.

As for your post it is a funny thing...I could try to analyze this individual post and then do another and another and another. I have to give you credit for consistency though. Many if not all of the analyses would be the same. I will summarize it in a song by one of my hamster Sammy's favorite bands:

We should due one? When is it dew? Before the morning do?

Get your own thread please.

P.S. That site was written by douche bags, for douche bags.

Coming in hot!

And yet, we are supposed to believe that this...represented cleverness?

You don't even due long post trolling properly.

I had to read this twice, the first time I tried the silent tears streaming down my face blurred the words and blunted my concentration. I hadn't held out much hope for this thread mainly because I assumed it would be tongue-and-cheek but you've rocked my psychological state by being spot on in your assessment. A much smarter man than me once said that when a fool hears the truth he laughs. Well, I didn't laugh when I read the truth so I guess I'm not a fool -- but I did cry, which might be worse.

This is a big week for me professionally, lots on the line and it's all up to me to close the deal, so your timing is a blessing. Self esteem and confidence are what I need to improve, clearly, and even before your thread I've been working on improving. Naturally I reached out to the only beacon of hope there is for folks like me: Oprah's "11 Ways to Boost Your Self-Esteem in under an Hour"

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Quick-Confidence-How-to-Boost-Self-Esteem/1

The tips include: good posture (check!), practicing good scents (I showered, so check), carrying good-luck charms (I carry a whole rabbit in my pocket at all times), nod along with the speaker, flirt during negotiations (this backfired on me last time I tried it but am willing to try again), get pumped by shaking your body (I do that in private...), practice your "power pose" for two minutes (I'm working on poses, but could use suggestions for better ones), meditate (check!), drink coffee (double check), exercise (this is starting to sound like more than an hour's worth of work...), and finally assemble a toolbox. I'm not sure what the last one has to do with anything but you're the mental health expert so perhaps you could tell me.

http://www.oprah.com...t-Self-Esteem/1

The tips include: good posture (check!), practicing good scents (I showered, so check), carrying good-luck charms (I carry a whole rabbit in my pocket at all times), nod along with the speaker, flirt during negotiations (this backfired on me last time I tried it but am willing to try again), get pumped by shaking your body (I do that in private...), practice your "power pose" for two minutes (I'm working on poses, but could use suggestions for better ones), meditate (check!), drink coffee (double check), exercise (this is starting to sound like more than an hour's worth of work...), and finally assemble a toolbox. I'm not sure what the last one has to do with anything but you're the mental health expert so perhaps you could tell me.

And yet, I've got one way to undo all of that in three seconds:

You're an idiot.

I had to read this twice, the first time I tried the silent tears streaming down my face blurred the words and blunted my concentration. I hadn't held out much hope for this thread mainly because I assumed it would be tongue-and-cheek but you've rocked my psychological state by being spot on in your assessment. A much smarter man than me once said that when a fool hears the truth he laughs. Well, I didn't laugh when I read the truth so I guess I'm not a fool -- but I did cry, which might be worse.

This is a big week for me professionally, lots on the line and it's all up to me to close the deal, so your timing is a blessing. Self esteem and confidence are what I need to improve, clearly, and even before your thread I've been working on improving. Naturally I reached out to the only beacon of hope there is for folks like me: Oprah's "11 Ways to Boost Your Self-Esteem in under an Hour"

http://www.oprah.com...t-Self-Esteem/1

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2HcRl4wSk

Knowing a little about it I would say your show will be better than the movie I took that from, but the message is still good.

Not sure about all the Oprah stuff and not saying I can find out but let's just say Beerboy has a client with the code name Woprah Infree. The toolbox thing might be a hoax, or real or something kinky. I don't know if Beerboy can get to the bottom of that in a week. If the process lingers let me low and I'll see what we can do.

Coffee is a good idea. Get something conversational but not fruity so no cappuccino or latte, just black coffee but something with a name like Sumatra or Peaberry. When someone asks you about it just say "I like how it tastes". Don't get cute or get into geopolitical crap about coffee picking.

It sounds trite, but it isn't: Be yourself. The problem is that when people try being themselves, they fail by trying to highlight who they are. Don't do that. Don't take your dominant personality traits and make them even more dominant. If you are 60% dork, 20%, 15% funny and 5% nitwit, go with it. Don't try to be 80% dork to play they dork angle. Embrace the balance. You are yourself so in the long run people will always find that out. They may get the wrong first impression but you can't do much to prevent that from happening so don't stress about it.

The flip side is let the others be themselves too. If they want to talk let them talk; if they want you to talk, then do the talking. If they are a douche then whatever.

Here's the deal: You do good work. If you get this, great. If not, it won't change the fact that you do good work. That knowledge should let you be yourself.

P.S. C. Thom is in a crappy mood. What the heck did you do?

This is a big week for me professionally, lots on the line and it's all up to me to close the deal, so your timing is a blessing.

There may be a lot on the line financially, but nothing is on the line with your abilities. They will remain regardless of immediate results. Don't let the potential immediate good results go to your head. That will mute your abilities. Don't let potential immediate setbacks worry you. That would also mute your abilities. No muting.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I didn't think it would work... but it did.

Now I'm back to eating donuts in the dark while weeping.

Normally you have much more self of steam than this. I mean much more. Now normally I wouldn't lamb baste you over this, but you've got to roll up your sleeves and find the wear with all to overcome it, otherwise life for you will become mute.

Normally you have much more self of steam than this. I mean much more. Now normally I wouldn't lamb baste you over this, but you've got to roll up your sleeves and find the wear with all to overcome it, otherwise life for you will become mute.

I assume that those (would they be considered malapropisms?) all occurred on this board during my 12-ish-or-so-year-absence? I would love to see the original posts and contexts in which they were used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY