JaMarcus Russell..Am I the only one who missed this?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He shouldn't have taken the money if he didn't plan on doing the work required for it. Not preparing puts yourself and your teammates at increased risk. It's incredibly dumb.

You make a valid point. I'm not intimating I would have done the same given the opportunity, just that I understand why he did. Then again, at 20 years old I was probably just as immature as Jamarcus. Who knows....

I wonder if his attitude would have been different if he was drafted now with the rookie wage scale

CBF

I doubt it would have mattered. Stupid is stupid. It would just take him longer to burn through $20 million than $2 million. Just my guess...

And this is why Johnny Hobbit taking selfies is a story. He doesn't half the physical talent of Russell.

But what a slob and waste of talent JR was. If EJ fails, it won't be because of his work ethic.

Russell was a flash in the pan-even in college. Physical skills? Big arm, no brain. That's pretty much it.

And this is why Johnny Hobbit taking selfies is a story. He doesn't half the physical talent of Russell.

But what a slob and waste of talent JR was. If EJ fails, it won't be because of his work ethic.

Which is why I am not and have not been a Manziel fan and why I am fully on-board with giving EJ this year to show his progress...to me, he doesn't have to demonstrate he's got it all figured out and the perfect QB, just that he shows demonstrative progress and making big strides toward being *the* QB of the future. If, and it's a big IF, he does accomplish that progress as shown on gameday, then no matter the record I'm willing to give him a 3rd year without screaming for a different QB...but if EJ fails to demonstrate such progress, *REGARDLESS* of the overall W-L record, then I'm all about looking for the answer elsewhere next off-season...my gut tells me that 1. I'm full, just had lunch, and 2. that EJ will make good indication he is exactly the QB the BILLS believed he could and will be once he develops and takes steps toward that this year...but no arguing with me about the character of EJ thus far, another reason I am truly hoping the BILLS have their Franchise QB for the next 12 to 15 years....that, and I'm sick of thinking / debating / listening about it...

But he got a 24 on the wonderlic... 9 points higher than Marino!!! Lol

With a 17 point 4th quarter, buffalo pulled out the victory.... Remember it well as I was in a wheelchair only a few weeks removed from knee surgery... Had 6 people in the wives van and the only dude that was a raiders fan pissed himself on the ride home... He wasn't even drinking!!! Had to be intentional.... There was an empty 32 ounce bottle beside him...