stolen Tesla torn apart in crash

Beerball

What more would you like?

I was just wondering if something profound came out of this wreck. Or is the point of this to show that a Tesla is also capable of getting totaled in a crash?

If it is the latter, excellent point.

I was just wondering if something profound came out of this wreck. Or is the point of this to show that a Tesla is also capable of getting totaled in a crash?

If it is the latter, excellent point.

Nope, nothing profound. The article appealed to my Hollywood brain...Stolen car, chase, disintegration...

They didn't mention the automatic HAZ MAT event that is triggered each time an electric car crashes.

That's quite a claim. What's your source? How is an electric car any worse than a conventional car's gasoline or glycol coolant?

They didn't mention the automatic HAZ MAT event that is triggered each time an electric car crashes.

Because it isn't. A HAZMAT response is largely based on policy set at the municipality level - some require a HAZMAT response, some don't.

Note, too, that almost any crash as serious as this one posted requires a HAZMAT response. Gasoline, oil, antifreeze, hydraulic fluid, etc. are all considered hazardous materials. The Tesla uses standard coolant and brake fluid; no doubt when you rip one in half, some of it spills and requires a HAZMAT team.