Last Comic Standing Season 9 Premiers July 22nd, 2015!!

If Nikki wins, it will be the best joke all year!

That is so hilarious and so true!!! I will have to avoid this thread for a few days as I am down in the OBX and there is a nest of sea turtle eggs due to hatch either tonight or tomorrow just outside here on the beach... Should be cool to watch 100 little turtles run into the ocean to become food for other ocean dwelling creatures

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was terrified Nikki would win when the judges were huddling at the end.

Thought Russell peters had a funny set, as did Laughlin. Rod man was decent but deserved to win based on the entire season.

What did you guys think of alignon mitra? I guess winning the online competition just got him a chance to do a 4-minute set at the finale.

I was terrified Nikki would win when the judges were huddling at the end.

Thought Russell peters had a funny set, as did Laughlin. Rod man was decent but deserved to win based on the entire season.

What did you guys think of alignon mitra? I guess winning the online competition just got him a chance to do a 4-minute set at the finale.

Ya I liked his 4 minute set.

I knew Rod Man would win it all so I wansnt worried.

I was mad at the begining when they made it look like NIkki and Lachlan advanced and not Rod Man

I did not think NIkki deserved to advance past either one of the other comics

Glad they were only making it look like thats what they were doing and advanced all three

CBF

The question now what's up for Rod-Man next? As it seems like most of the winners of this show disappear soon after taking the crown. Yet I could see Rod-Man on a sitcom as a bumbling father with two teenage daughters and maybe a bit of a nag of a wife.

This strikes me as basically being his real life!!

Finally saw the finale (had to record an overnight replay as the NBC station here preempted it for the Jax game on Thursday).

First of all, I thought they were all funny. Rodman's first set of the night was his weakest and I kind of think they didn't want to eliminate him on that one set, since he was the strongest competitor throughout. I really feel if they were to go only on that set, Rodman may have been the odd man out.

I haven't been a fan of Lauchlan but he was at his best in the finale. I give him credit for finishing strong. I know many of you don't like Nikki but she destroys when she is on stage. Rodman was the right choice, and I think in the end, the judges saw he is the most developed, and professional, of the comics. (I wonder how much pressure they got to make Lauchlan their pick?)

With that said, I'm not sure why comics like Rodman, Rocky (my favorite this year), Schubert, DC Benny, etc are on this show. Those guys are established comics who have had their own TV specials. When this show started, it was to discover new talent. I prefer to see guys like Monroe Martin, who really was formerly unknown to me. Same with Nikki and Lauchlan. To me, it's more fun that way, although the idea of making comedy (or music) a contest is pretty phoney. They waste so much time when they could be showing more comedy. And yes I know why they do it.

Another thought, JB Smoove is not a particularly funny comic and an odd choice for this show, IMO. But I thought he did a good enough job when all was said and done.

BTW, has anyone heard why Amy Schumer disappeared after one episode? I think she was supposed to have been a mentor for more episodes. What happened?

BTW, most of the winners (and finalists) do experience a bump in their stand up careers. If they have enough material, I'm guessing it sticks. But everybody wants to be a sitcom, or movie, star. The truth is, most of the comics just aren't really suited to reading off a script and, you know, acting.

Edited by The Dean

• 11 months later...

Joe List is pretty funny he's a contestant this year

Saw the tour last year at local theatre. Lachlan, Rodman, Machi were all hilarious. Nikki not so much.

You are so lucky I wanted them to come to Toronto.

Machi and Lachlan were hilarious and my favorites

I couldnt stand Nikki and thought Rocky Laporte should have stayed instead of her

CBF