Last Comic Standing Season 9 Premiers July 22nd, 2015!!

I am actually getting a little concerned that Joe Machi will end up being a "surprise" cut. It kind of hurts him that he is so good that he is not getting challenged-- as a result, he is getting almost no screen time. He almost needs a challenge just so everyone remembers him. (I actually think Laughlin really helped his stock by being in the bottom 2 last time, and then having a great set).

By the way, one of my early favorites-- Alignon Mitra-- is killing it in the on-line battles. I think he will end up coming back. You guys should check out his online bits on the last comic webpage--some really funny stuff.

I am thinking differently.

I think that because he has not been challenged yet, he will have so much material because he hasnt had to use any yet.

There can only be so much material a comic has for his act and if he is always having to perform, his material may not be as good as someone who hasnt had to use theirs yet.

If that makes any sense at all

CBF

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking differently.

I think that because he has not been challenged yet, he will have so much material because he hasnt had to use any yet.

There can only be so much material a comic has for his act and if he is always having to perform, his material may not be as good as someone who hasnt had to use theirs yet.

If that makes any sense at all

CBF

Beat me to it!!! I was just going to use the same angle!!

Me either, hope Machi gets a little more face time

Well, you got your wish. His last joke had me absolutely dying. Wish they would just make a sitcom with 3 or 4 of these people and let them write their own jokes into it. It would be infinitely funnier than 95% of the sitcoms on right now.

Edited by Mark80

Too close for comfort tonight. I was getting nervous machi would be a surprise cut tonight.

Monroe is better than at least 3 others left. Shame he got cut when he did in the show.

Yeah, Karlous and Rocky for sure, probably Nikki too.

By the way, one of my favorite guys in the early rounds--- alignon mitra-- is killing it on the online redemption show. He took down Monroe last week, and looks to already be way ahead of karlous.

I actually have a feeling he will come back and give machi a run for his money in the final.

When would the winner of the online competition come back?

CBF

I think the people voted for Joe thinking that others wouldn't vote for him. That way, when a different comic received more votes they wouldn't be able to vote for them to do the head-to-head since they voted for Joe. Unfortunately, too many people thought that way and it backfired on two of them!

I thought Joe's set was pretty weak this week, but Karlous was so unprepared and unfunny that it didn't even matter, he still killed him easily. Hopefully Joe has more left in the tank for the final, but having watched a lot of his videos on Youtube I already see most of his material repeating and am a bit worried that he's used up most of his good stuff just to make it this far. We'll see.

On a final note, glad Nikki won this week, from what they showed she definitely was the best at the Roast.

By the way, one of my favorite guys in the early rounds--- alignon mitra-- is killing it on the online redemption show. He took down Monroe last week, and looks to already be way ahead of karlous.

I actually have a feeling he will come back and give machi a run for his money in the final.

Yeah, can't believe he didn't make it further from the get go. Great stuff and delivery.

Edited by Mark80

Why are people challenging joe machi?

Wouldn't you try to vote for the worst guy?

Karlous got blown out of the water.

I think people need to back off of JM the fact that he just won back to back challenges should scare people away

CBF

Yup. Nikki and Lochlan murdered that roast.

Jeff Ross was impressed with both of them.

Not sure; it's unclear to me. I think there are only a couple of episodes left, so I have to think it has to be soon (maybe this week?).

He wasn't in the previews for this week episode and they didn't even preview the "who will return to the competition" type thing. In terms of this week. Nikki deserved the win. Karlous set was bad as he had no flow whatsoever just a bunch of random jokes to me. Machi's set was far from great too so he may have lucked out. I still think the finale will be between Rod Man and Lachlan although I haven't been watching the online sets so no idea how that Indian guy has been doing.

I love Rod Man but his style of comedy isn't for the roast scene. He was particularly weak this week. But Machi is hilarious. I hope it's him and Rod Man in the final.

So do I,., I don't particularly care for Nikki, but her set was clearly the best at the roast... Don't see her winning...