Where to Watch Bills Games In Philadelphia

I have a wedding to go to on September 6th in Philadelphia, I'm from Upstate NY 5-6 hours away. As everyone knows, the Bills 1st game of the season is September 7th against the Bears. So my options are as follows, mind you this is my girlfriends cousins wedding with her entire family going, I'm going to need a couple drinks at this thing!:

1. Go to wedding, wake up early, drive 5-6 hours home, watch the Bills start their 16-0 run (can't drink)

2. Go to wedding, stay in Philadelphia, watch Bills start their 16-0 run at bar in Philadelphia (lets party!)

3 Go to wedding, wake up whenever, drive 5-6 hours home, miss the Bills epic win, hate life (lets party!)

4. Don't go to wedding, piss the girlfriend off, watch the Bills start their 16-0 run (Labatts and garbage plates at McGeary's in Albany!)

I'm leaning toward option 2, so my question to all the Philadelphia Bills fans out there, where should I go to watch the game?! I know this is a couple months away, but I'm a planner, and I'm not missing the 1st game of the season!

I would go with option 4. Don't go to the wedding. In case you guys ever get married this will be a perfect place to put your foot down & let her know where you stand when it comes to your beloved Bills. Go to that wedding & if you do get married to her down the road I guarantee she is going to have some of your Sundays booked up when the Bills are playing. If she breaks up with you over this(& there is probably a 40% chance that she might) she probably was not the one for you anyways.

I'd go to the wedding and watch figure out how to watch the game at a bar. It's not like you're going to out of town for the home opener and missing a chance to be there in person. My wife would understand. But then, she loves the Bills as much as I do. I feel kind of bad for those who can't share in it with their significant others.

Absolutely go to McFadden's on N. 3rd St. It's the official Bills Bar of Philly, and has a great turnout early in the year. Blue on draft, Blue Light bottles, garbage plates, wings, etc.

Absolutely go to McFadden's on N. 3rd St. It's the official Bills Bar of Philly, and has a great turnout early in the year. Blue on draft, Blue Light bottles, garbage plates, wings, etc.

i would go there if i had to also, fortunately i have access to the sunday ticket, but i hear nothing but positives about mcfaddens..

i will speak from experience, last year was my first year going to mcfaddens and it has a great energy. last year when ej scored the winning touchdown in game 2, they cracked open bottles of champagne and had the waitresses walk the counter, pouring it into the mouths of the people like me who were sitting at the bar.

great energy, nice beer specials and wings that aren't half bad.

McFadden's is a great place to watch the game. In addition, Michelle who runs the Philly Bills Backers and is a producer for NFL Films, usually has raffles throughout the game because she comes into Bills gear so regularly because of her position.

I agree on McFaddens but its Philly so there are a lot of options. Might also consider a spot between as I'm sure there are some decent places in the LeHigh area.

Depending on where you are in NY you might be able to make that drive in leas than 5 hours. Its a boring drive but I made it back from Rochester to NJ just across from Philly in less than 5 hours

Edited by Max997

I would go with option 4. Don't go to the wedding. In case you guys ever get married this will be a perfect place to put your foot down & let her know where you stand when it comes to your beloved Bills. Go to that wedding & if you do get married to her down the road I guarantee she is going to have some of your Sundays booked up when the Bills are playing. If she breaks up with you over this(& there is probably a 40% chance that she might) she probably was not the one for you anyways.

yes. if you are a real fan, you will calmly yet clearly explain to her that girlfriends come and go but your love of the bills is, unfortunately, forever. as a result, you are unable to do anything on that sunday or any other sunday during the season regardless of how important it is to her. and you might not be able to do anything on the occasional monday or thursday depending on the whims of the nfl's schedule makers.

if the choice is between her and thaddius lewis, you choose thaddius lewis -- and that's just the way it is.

well, unless they move. if that happens, your weekends will be wide open, leaving you available for weddings, engagement parties, co-ed bachelor/bachelorette parties, gender reveal parties, bar mitvahs, bat mitvahs, tupperware parties, or whatever other flights of fancy she so chooses to sign you up for.

regardless, enjoy the garbage plate.

yes. if you are a real fan, you will calmly yet clearly explain to her that girlfriends come and go but your love of the bills is, unfortunately, forever. as a result, you are unable to do anything on that sunday or any other sunday during the season regardless of how important it is to her. and you might not be able to do anything on the occasional monday or thursday depending on the whims of the nfl's schedule makers.

if the choice is between her and thaddius lewis, you choose thaddius lewis -- and that's just the way it is.

well, unless they move. if that happens, your weekends will be wide open, leaving you available for weddings, engagement parties, co-ed bachelor/bachelorette parties, gender reveal parties, bar mitvahs, bat mitvahs, tupperware parties, or whatever other flights of fancy she so chooses to sign you up for.

regardless, enjoy the garbage plate.

I really like your way of thinking.