Unstoppable CJ

a first round draft pick taken in the top 10 and a player that so many people like to give excises for as to why he's not producing 1,000+ seasons every year are exactly that. Excuses. Bad ones too.

Again, if the player is that good, you find ways to get him on the field and contribute as many times as possible. Not take him out because another player is a better blocker or better at picking up short yardage. What happened to other teams having to gameplan for CJ? So what your saying is they would take him off the field in situations where they should have him on the field most.

Yeah. Makes sense.

He's had a better start to his career than Reggie Bush who got to play with Drew Brees (if you don't think that helps as a rb, you're crazy). Bush helped the Saints win the SB. Do you think they would call the #2 pick on Bush a bad one?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he's soft and got injured right? Spiller should have sat out and not toughed it out.

He was their only back. Despite the Bills' new savior, Bryce Brown, he got most of the carries.

And for the last 2 years, CJ outproduced Jackson! and Jackson is a very good rb in his ownright and should get carries. In 2011, Jackson was a MVP candidate until he got hurt. He's good too.

Stop putting words in my mouth with this "he's soft" crap. It makes talking to you insufferable.

I've disagreed with your opinion but I can't say it's wrong. IT's your opinion. But you stated Spiller sucks. You came back from them but IMO, you don't take in account other factors that hurt production. You call them excuses. Yet when I bring up McCoy's 2012 season, you find ways to defend it. If I was you, I'd call those excuses. :)

no. Those are facts. Your using CJs "injury" as an excise. Even though he still played. The one I'm defending wasn't even playing. Yet he still finished with more yards and TDs than your precious Spiller. So yeah, let's take excuses out of this. I'm still right. And your still wrong. And I never brought McCoy into this argument. You did.

And I haven't backed away from my Spiller sucks opinion. I'm simply not using that word anymore because you all seem to get so bent out of shape over it.

He's had a better start to his career than Reggie Bush who got to play with Drew Brees (if you don't think that helps as a rb, you're crazy). Bush helped the Saints win the SB. Do you think they would call the #2 pick on Bush a bad one?

yeah. I would call it a bad one. He's horrible. Never been good. He was simply on a team that won the ball through the air with over 5,000 yards passing. (If you don't think that helps a RB, your crazy)

What kills me is that now your even making excuses for Reggie Bush and he doesn't even play on the Bills just to help your argument. Reggie Bush not only sucks, he always did. Was always a disappointment for the teams he's played for unless your counting college. And that's fine. Spiller played well there too. Still doesn't mean anything in the pros though.

Your just full of excuses. Keep it up. You look great.

Edited by mrags

Because Freddy is a good RB and a perfect compliment for the platoon system Marrone prefers to run in his up tempo offense. CJ is the starter and Freddy comes in depending on the situation. And there's no question Freddy is a better blocker with a better feel for the game. So it's not a question of "beating him out" as you put it. It's a bit more nuanced given the system Marrone runs. I think CJ may have some durability concerns as well. But he's a homerun threat with physical attributes that Freddy or few other RBs for that matter, can come close to copying.

I don't offer any excuses for CJ or any other player. It's funny how detractors always look at realistic and reasoned understanding of a situation and make the claim that it's offering excuses for a player.

GO BILLS!!!

I can understand what you're saying about the situation, but how many situations does a player need explained before you decide he's just not that good?

Forget everything else on the thread, I have a question. Do you think Spiller lived up to his draft pick?

I can understand what you're saying about the situation, but how many situations does a player need explained before you decide he's just not that good?

Forget everything else on the thread, I have a question. Do you think Spiller lived up to his draft pick?

well done Chan. Only he'll just come up with an excuse as to why he can't answer it.

Oh, and no, he hasn't.

Edited by mrags

see above. Stats speak for themselves. McCoy also has out up a 1,600 yard season rushing alone. Another 2 over 1,000 yards rushing as well CJ has only topped the 1,000 mark once. And has less than half as many TDs.

You brought McCoy into this. Not me.

and this

again. More excuses. If CJ is/was so good, why can't he beat out an often inured, 30+ year old RB?

Why does he need to beat out Fred? Let each get 1,000.

Why does he need to beat out Fred? Let each get 1,000.

well, that's an argument about the Bills being successful on offense. Not about how good of a back that CJ is. Again, if he was as good as everyone here is saying, Fred wouldn't make the field half as much as he has.

Oh, and 1,000 yards is not a good benchmark for a good RB. It comes out to an average of less than 63 yards a game. Back to this argument again. 63 yards a game is putrid for a starting NFL RB.

IMO, it's not that simple. Fred Jackson became a MVP candidate one year. 2 different coaching staffs. Injuries. At the end of 2011 & 2012, he was definitely worthy of the pick. Who did you want (now with the benefit of hindsight)?

Also, plenty of players take time to live up to their pick - Brees, Alex Smith, Rodgers, lynch, Moreno. I'm done with this. Let's check back this season since you're too chicken to bet. :)

Edited by C.Biscuit97

IMO, it's not that simple. Fred Jackson became a MVP candidate one year. 2 different coaching staffs. Injuries. At the end of 2011 & 2012, he was definitely worthy of the pick. Who did you want (now with the benefit of hindsight)?

Also, plenty of players take time to live up to their pick - Brees, Alex Smith, Rodgers, lynch, Moreno. I'm done with this. Let's check back this season since you're too chicken to bet. :)

Knowshon Moreno? What? In the words of McCoy, "Knowshon sucks."

I'll bet you CJ Spiller is not a Bill in 2015. Name your stakes.

There's no argument. You've ranted and raved long enough to join the likes of curtibA and firechan. Think about that.

well. As I still hate Curitiba and think he's an idiot. Based in the fact that he never provided statistics to back up his argument. I believe Chan in this fight. And have backed up my arguments with stats and facts.

Everyone else's arguments are only based on 1 good season surrounded by 3 disappointing seasons. And his "potential". Statistically he's only good 25% of the time and his "potential" is only that. Nothing that can be measured.

Keep living in delusional land.

I'll bet you CJ Spiller is not a Bill in 2015. Name your stakes.

yup. I'm here too. Wouldn't be surprised if he was offloaded before the end of the year either.

a first round draft pick taken in the top 10 and a player that so many people like to give excises for as to why he's not producing 1,000+ seasons every year are exactly that. Excuses. Bad ones too.

Again, if the player is that good, you find ways to get him on the field and contribute as many times as possible. Not take him out because another player is a better blocker or better at picking up short yardage. What happened to other teams having to gameplan for CJ? So what your saying is they would take him off the field in situations where they should have him on the field most.

Yeah. Makes sense.

So you a pushing for a guy to start (Bryce Brown) that couldn't push LeSean Mccoy out of the starting position? He must be horrible.

Not every year, but I believe the potential is there.

Time for my question - Are the Bills better with Spiller?

Edited by What a Tuel

So you a pushing for a guy to start (Bryce Brown) that couldn't push LeSean Mccoy out of the starting position? He must be horrible.

Not every year, but I believe the potential is there.

Time for my question - Are the Bills better with Spiller?

im not pushing anything. It is my opinion that Brown will be the starter by the end of the season. I'm of the opinion that The Doug's went out of their way to get him for a reason. That reason is that they don't want Spiller on the team because they didn't draft him and he cannot be relied upon. But that's just my speculation. For the 100th time in this thread... Well all see how it goes probably by the middle of the season.

Potential is the same thing as excuses. Only difference is people that like to make excuses say the potential is there only if everything works out in their favor. Your either good or not. 25% good isn't a very strong argument.

And no, I don't believe the Bills are better with Spiller. His 4.25 TDs a year can easily be had by anyone. His one season was an enigma. It hadn't happened before or since.

well. As I still hate Curitiba and think he's an idiot. Based in the fact that he never provided statistics to back up his argument. I believe Chan in this fight.

Keep living in delusional land.

Is that the same delusional land where spiller has 2700 yards in his last 2 seasons ? 2700. Seems like someone else is ignoring reality.

I gotta give it up to firechan. His hate of spiller runs long and deep.

Game on gentlemen. Get at me when madden comes out. I'm gonna bust you up w CJ.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

im not pushing anything. It is my opinion that Brown will be the starter by the end of the season. I'm of the opinion that The Doug's went out of their way to get him for a reason. That reason is that they don't want Spiller on the team because they didn't draft him and he cannot be relied upon. But that's just my speculation. For the 100th time in this thread... Well all see how it goes probably by the middle of the season.

Potential is the same thing as excuses. Only difference is people that like to make excuses say the potential is there only if everything works out in their favor. Your either good or not. 25% good isn't a very strong argument.

And no, I don't believe the Bills are better with Spiller. His 4.25 TDs a year can easily be had by anyone. His one season was an enigma. It hadn't happened before or since.

His seasons where he has started he is 1-1 if you want to bring it down to that level.

Most people would be happy if he returned to his 2012 form. He seems to have a 50-50 shot at doing that. Are you saying you wouldn't be happy if he did? He was phenomenal that season. And before you bring up the stats remember, stats don't reflect the actual game ;)

Could they have possibly went after Brown because Jackson is 33? Are you saying we are going to go back to a single workhorse rb with Brown?

If so then I would be interested to know what you see in Brown that you are putting so much faith in him

thats funny. I want them to fail sometimes just to **** everyone up who overrates Bills players.

Oh and if you were wondering why people are always so hostile towards you, its because of this.

You didn't have to blatantly say it for people to get the vibe that you are just hoping/wishing for players you dislike to fail so that you can say you are right.

Because if you are wrong, the player is not overrated, and you are "wanting them to fail" so that you can be right. Which is downright sad for a Bills fan to be doing.

Edited by What a Tuel

Is that the same delusional land where spiller has 2700 yards in his last 2 seasons ? 2700. Seems like someone else is ignoring reality.

I gotta give it up to firechan. His hate of spiller runs long and deep.

Game on gentlemen. Get at me when madden comes out. I'm gonna bust you up w CJ.

I dominate with Devin Hester in Madden.

Yeah. Makes sense.

Well, when I read the front seven keys when CJ is in the game, it's plain as day that teams gameplan for him. He is the focal point of the defense most of the time. Sounds like you were under the impression that Spiller was another AP or something. He's not that kind of back. He's a homerun hitter with unique big play capabilities. And he puts a heckuva lot of pressure on the defense, especially at the edges. Freddy is a good compliment and brings a different set of tools to the table. The key word being "compliment."

And again, it's a platoon system that Marrone uses. You insist on labeling that an excuse, when it's anything but. We got a ton of production out of the RB position last year. That's the idea.

Enjoy the season.

GO BILLS!!!

if i wore a bills jersey biscuit would be massaging my special area and calling me a great lover! Just cuz a player is a Bill, doesnt make him a hall of famer!

Edited by PO'14

ill say this, Spiller showed me all i needed to see when he ran out of bounds on one of his usual sideways runs for a loss of 3, stopping the clock in a game we had a minute or 2 left in. He was always frustrating with his inability to pick the hole but that was just dumb. He moved to #2 on my dumbest bills list, right behind mckelvin. i hope hes gone in 2015 unless he is used soley as a 3rd down back but hed cost too much.

Edited by enlightener