53 man roster projection prior to training camp.

Nobody said that Hogan was one of our top WRs. He's listed exactly sixth on the WR depth chart.

No, he's not W. Welker, but he's shown pretty well so far both this year and last year. This is the kind of guy that you're supposed to root for, not shiiiiitttt on. So far, he has outplayed Elliott/Bardin/Easley/Williams/Graham, which is why he has been projected where he is. When one or more of those guys outplays him then he'll deserve to be moved to the back of the pack.

No. He has not outplayed Mike Williams in real NFL games.

You didn't say this, and don't mean to beat a dead horse but I don't get the hand-wringing over MW that I have seen around here in various threads. Mike Williams does not need to "earn" a roster spot in OTAs, no matter what Rodak's daily Bubble tweets say. He has 3 years of consistent strong performance in the NFL and 26 TDs. Not vs air, not with no contact. The only thing that could keep MW off this roster is if he screws up off the field. His salary this year is fully guaranteed, he is a proven NFL WR, he has the most experience of any WR on the roster, and he has the size, physicality and red-zone threat that no one else can claim at this time.

He is 70-80% recovered from his hammy surgery and still learning the playbook. Any decreased reps in OTAs are a result of that and Rodak is just slinging MUD for clicks.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Easley over hogan and graham all day. All three of them are sucky receivers, at least Easley has one redeeming quality and that is him being a beast on coverage teams.

I sure hope his beastliness helps the team look better than dogsh-- on special teams this season.

Because Jesus, Marion Joseph they were awful.

I sure hope his beastliness helps the team look better than dogsh-- on special teams this season.

Agreed they stunk but he was very good.

The fact that coverage teams stunk so bad should actually help him make the team again this year as one of the few who stood out in a positive way

Exactly who is "Marion"? I think the phrase is Jesus Mary and Joseph. I'm not religious, but I don't think Marion is party to the discussion.

Edited by Luxy312

No. He has not outplayed Mike Williams in real NFL games.

You didn't say this, and don't mean to beat a dead horse but I don't get the hand-wringing over MW that I have seen around here in various threads. Mike Williams does not need to "earn" a roster spot in OTAs, no matter what Rodak's daily Bubble tweets say. He has 3 years of consistent strong performance in the NFL and 26 TDs. Not vs air, not with no contact. The only thing that could keep MW off this roster is if he screws up off the field. His salary this year is fully guaranteed, he is a proven NFL WR, he has the most experience of any WR on the roster, and he has the size, physicality and red-zone threat that no one else can claim at this time.

He is 70-80% recovered from his hammy surgery and still learning the playbook. Any decreased reps in OTAs are a result of that and Rodak is just slinging MUD for clicks.

Sound reasoning there Yolo... very sound.

watched Hogan in the games he was in last year....special teams contribution was medicore....his efforts as a receiver were unimspired. I think he has to go......

don' t understand why Easley doesn't get a shot at receiver.......neither chan Gailey or Doug Marrone seem to want to give him that shot.....tells me something, but I still don't understand.

I am concerned whether a 245 DE can make it in this league....thats small for a LB......really small for a DE.....just wondering if he can make it there, despite his statements he loves the position. He's a big pay guy playing out of position. (Manny Lawson, if you didn't guess) I think there is a chance he gets cut, as a cap move if nothing else.

QB position is weak.......need a third we can believe in....I don't yet buy Tuel......I liked Dixon out of Oregon, but he hasn't stuck in many NFL tries. He was here last year, but is likely PS inelgible. do you really think, after last years travial, that they will keep only two QB's. (fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me)

C'mon, nobody said that Hogan was a better player than M. Williams. MW is a virtual lock to make the team, when he's healthy. Hogan is not.

Hogan has shown well in camp thus far and deserves to be projected onto the final roster at this point. That's all I'm saying.

That could easily change.

Graham has great speed, but that doesn't mean much if he doesn't catch the ball consistently. Not being a reliable catcher of the football is the exact reason why he has found himself sliding down the depth chart.

I hope Graham starts to show something in camp because if he doesn't wake up he's going to get cut.

C'mon, nobody said that Hogan was a better player than M. Williams. MW is a virtual lock to make the team, when he's healthy. Hogan is not.

Hogan has shown well in camp thus far and deserves to be projected onto the final roster at this point. That's all I'm saying.

That could easily change.

To be fair, you called hogan a very very good possession receiver who catches everything in sight. That is probably where the confusion is coming from.

don' t understand why Easley doesn't get a shot at receiver.......neither chan Gailey or Doug Marrone seem to want to give him that shot.....tells me something, but I still don't understand.

After four years he still hasn't had enough time?

I mean, is it not clear enough by now that he's basically Sam Aiken 2.0? Not Tasker, but not Alvin Bowen either.

Fluffhead, your name says it all.

I also listed Hogan #6 on the WR depth chart.

What he does well is catch the football.

Pay attention to what is going on in camp. Hogan has steadily risen up the depth chart. If he can play ST he has a good chance to make the team at this point.

Easley has proven that he's not going to be one of the top 4-5 WRs on the team. He has seemed to find a niche for himself on ST, however. He was considered to be our best ST player last year.

watched Hogan in the games he was in last year....special teams contribution was medicore....his efforts as a receiver were unimspired. I think he has to go......

I am concerned whether a 245 DE can make it in this league....thats small for a LB......really small for a DE.....just wondering if he can make it there, despite his statements he loves the position. He's a big pay guy playing out of position. (Manny Lawson, if you didn't guess) I think there is a chance he gets cut, as a cap move if nothing else.

QB position is weak.......need a third we can believe in....I don't yet buy Tuel......I liked Dixon out of Oregon, but he hasn't stuck in many NFL tries. He was here last year, but is likely PS inelgible. do you really think, after last years travial, that they will keep only two QB's. (fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me)

Dixon went to Ole Miss or Miss. St. I think, and he was great there. His highlight reel was posted on another thread and was one of the most fun highlight reels I have seen. If someone can find it and re-post it would be great, everyone should see it.

He stuck to the one NFL team he was on through his contract then signed with the team that gave him the most money, the Bills. Never cut.

I love that guy, watch the highlight reel, you will love his also.

EDIT: I see you are talking about another Dixon, a qb. My bad. Someone should still post that highlight reel of the Dixon we have on the team, it is so much fun!

Edited by zazie