Does patching a pool liner work ?

TSNBDSC

Screwdriver size hole. Thanks

It can though likely to look a little like heck. Maybe something new on the market since when I did this but water had to be drained to a couple of inches below the patch so area could be cleaned and dry for adhesive. I would Google it to see what others are saying.

It can though likely to look a little like heck. Maybe something new on the market since when I did this but water had to be drained to a couple of inches below the patch so area could be cleaned and dry for adhesive. I would Google it to see what others are saying.

Thank you kindly BTW Stayin :thumbsup:

Actually try this idea...Get some "Gorilla Tape" brand duct tape and try to quickly cover the hole with it. It won't fix it but between the glue that does stick and the water pressure of the pool on the liner, it might stay in place well enough to stem the leak.

That's what I did this year when I opened our pool. Mind you this above ground 24' pool is 20 years old. And it's in fabulous shape everywhere except around the skimmer where I foolishly ignored years of leaks. Now the metal has all rusted away and the skimmer literally hangs by the pool liner. (And yet the pool is still intact year after year. I keep expecting it to blow up yet it survives.)

Anyway I fixed one hole while the pool level was low and he patch sealed perfectly. No sooner do I fill the pool up that I realize I have another hole. Rather than waste thousands of gallons of water I use the Gorilla Tape and, lo and behold, it's holding. Mind you the edges are loose but there is nothing leaking. Every year I get out of this pool I consider house money.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I hired a scuba diver who patches pool liners as a side job. We couldn't even find the holes but we knew we had a leak. We now have two circular patches in the deep end (9 feet deep) that do not match the rest of the liner but as long as it holds I can live with it. Cost of a new liner: $3000.00 plus. Cost of the patch job and the entertainment of watching a scuba diver in your pool: $125.00.

We are on year three since the patch job. MY advice.... and I am a do it your selfer....Do not drain your pool and attempt a patch job by yourself. If it don't work you are right back where you started.

Lou

LMAO... Priceless!

They never did say exactly how it happened, but I hope they beat their kid sensesless (of course within reason). ;-)

Kid stuck a screwdriver through the liner. Beating him senseless would be redundant.

I hired a scuba diver who patches pool liners as a side job. We couldn't even find the holes but we knew we had a leak. We now have two circular patches in the deep end (9 feet deep) that do not match the rest of the liner but as long as it holds I can live with it. Cost of a new liner: $3000.00 plus. Cost of the patch job and the entertainment of watching a scuba diver in your pool: $125.00.

We are on year three since the patch job. MY advice.... and I am a do it your selfer....Do not drain your pool and attempt a patch job by yourself. If it don't work you are right back where you started.

Lou

I've always used food coloring to help find the leak. Let out a couple drops and see if it pulls.