Is it 1969 or 2014?

"capital of bush"??? what does that mean?

Gotta remember that BFLO really didn't have a Major League team until 1970... Then @ that time they got three all in one year: Sabres, Braves, and Bills (merger NFL)... I know you can argue the Bills... But many considered the AFL to me minor to the NFL.

Like poster below you said... BFLO was the capital of the Bush Leagues.

Buffalo Bisons hockey existed from 1940-1970... AHL, minor league.

I guess same w/minor league baseball in BFLO.

Gotta remember that BFLO really didn't have a Major League team until 1970... Then @ that time they got three all in one year: Sabres, Braves, and Bills (merger NFL)... I know you can argue the Bills... But many considered the AFL to me minor to the NFL.

Like poster below you said... BFLO was the capital of the Bush Leagues.

Buffalo Bisons hockey existed from 1940-1970... AHL, minor league.

I guess same w/minor league baseball in BFLO.

Buffalo made many tries for big league sports but usually lost out because of stadium issues (lack of). We were in the running for much of MLB's expansion in the 60's-70's.

We're lucky to have made it into the NHL. The AUD rink was not large enough, and they had to raise the AUD roof to be able to add enough seats to satisfy the NHL, and possibly the NBA. Without Mr. Knox's push, there would likely have been no SABRES.

Even though the BILLS started in the AFL, I don't think any of us thought of them as "minor league." In a lot of ways, the AFL was superior to the NFL much as the ABA was to the NBA. If that wasn't true, there never would have been any league mergers!