2014 Bills OTAs Part 3 (June 9th - June 12th)

No offense done! I actually meant to say "lots of little problems" Like you said inconsistency mixed in... Its not a big problem to not hit your WR in OTA's... That what OTA's for, getting everybody learning new things and on the same page! Sorry, I should have said lots, My mistake, I apologize. its from all the twitter post if you were wondering.

Actually I am a big Manuel fan! that's why these "little" problems he is having look big to me. Because I want to see the guy I like succeed. But I guess I could have came across as a "Manuel Disliker!" I assure you I am not!

No I didnt mean that. Glad you noticed! But yes I was reading small things, and as I said small things appear big when you want someone to succeed to be the best.

No need to be sorry...your post did not read like you were bashing, so I just wanted to ask what you may have heard/seen. For whatever it's worth, I think you're spot on with regard to EJ...lots of little things that need to get ironed out. I feel pretty good about his ability to do just that, but doing it consistently (and when the real bullets start flying) is what matters...and, of course, staying healthy.

I suspect we'll have a very good idea about him by game 9 or 10 this year.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to be sorry...your post did not read like you were bashing, so I just wanted to ask what you may have heard/seen. For whatever it's worth, I think you're spot on with regard to EJ...lots of little things that need to get ironed out. I feel pretty good about his ability to do just that, but doing it consistently (and when the real bullets start flying) is what matters...and, of course, staying healthy.

I suspect we'll have a very good idea about him by game 9 or 10 this year.

Exactly! Right on! Go Bills!!

@BrandonSpikes51 at the end of today's OTA: "I think we're gonna shock the world this season ... I'm all in" #PoWwWw pic.twitter.com/ve9vZ1nicV

Nice! first thing I think of is "Rocky Balboa has shocked the world"

The part is at like 1:30

Am I the only one who does not want Watkins to return kicks/punts?

CBF

I think the Bills would have to be insane to allow a player they are counting on for so much not only now but for years to come to risk significant injury that way.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Haha! :) nice!

Good for Sammy! Goodwin gets hurt way to much! !

Goodwin reminds me of a certain ex-Bill little-frame guy receiver who never got going despite talent and mondo speed... but hung on for many years despite that. I give you Parrish 2.0.....

Goodwin reminds me of a certain ex-Bill little-frame guy receiver who never got going despite talent and mondo speed... but hung on for many years despite that. I give you Parrish 2.0.....

Not even close. Watkins is more physical, faster, stronger, and more explosive than Parrish could ever dream about. Bad comparison.

Not even close. Watkins is more physical, faster, stronger, and more explosive than Parrish could ever dream about. Bad comparison.

He was talking about Goodwin...but I still disagree in that I feel they're very different styles of player.

He was talking about Goodwin...but I still disagree in that I feel they're very different styles of player.

Both small, fast, and fragile.... playing styles notwithstanding. But lets hope this minor knee tweak is it for the year for injuries to Marquis.

Does anyone ever wonder what sort of stuff would have been tweeted if the intarwebs were around when the late-80s/early-90s Bills were practicing?

"Bruce is on the sideline with a big smile on his face, watching team drills."

"Thurman makes Conlan look silly on inside handoff. Bills' run defense looks terrible."

"Marv gathers team in huddle after practice; most of the players appear confused."

Both small, fast, and fragile.... playing styles notwithstanding. But lets hope this minor knee tweak is it for the year for injuries to Marquis.

Small yes...Goodwin's top-end speed is far superior to Parrish (a full tenth-second faster in the 40), while Parrish was shiftier. Goodwin has better hands.

Also, it's too early for the fragile label IMO. He missed time as a rookie and now tweaked something that was deemed not to be serious (as far as we know to this point anyway).

My bad.....Goodwin is much faster and a more complete football player. In the end, both are situational role players.

Brandon Spikes: Bills 'gonna shock the world' in 2014

We've already agreed with Spikes both on the podcast and this website multiple times this offseason.

Buffalo's front seven is arguably a top-five unit coming off a campaign that saw the Bills set a franchise mark with 57 sacks. If new coordinator Jim Schwartz can reproduce Mike Pettine's handiwork, Buffalo's pass rush looms as one of the most exciting in football.

On offense, the backfield remains one of the deepest in the league, while Buffalo's revamped receiving corps has the tools to win matchups behind the trio of Sammy Watkins, Mike Williams and Robert Woods.

Some are buying into the Bills for this season.