Why Niagara Falls?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the DOT the bridges in NF are being replaced and updated regardless. So those cost are not part of a stadium plan. Widening of roads will occur in any new site the only location that will no need major infrastructure cost is rebuilding in OP.

The American Falls Bridges are pedestrian only bridges. We are talking about major renovations or replacements to existing vehicular bridges....

Cuomo already has ammassed $33 million for his re-election. He won't miss Milstein's $100,000. He will win re-elction withot the support of the western 1/3 of the state, just as easily as he did in 2010, or more so, as he is the incumbent.

You are way over-inflating Milstein's influence at this point in history. Besides, the new owner will be the one laying out the cash for the new stadium land/site....Cuomo knows that too.

I think you underestimate Milstein's influence.

Please don't compare Boston traffic to Buffalo traffic.

Also... Now 190 isn't an interstate. It's been a few years. They took down the red white and blue signs?

I laugh at people in WNY when they discuss traffic. Try living in a real city (like Boston, NYC, DC, and so on)... where people sit in real traffic every day.

The city with a 20 minute commute does not know traffic.

Niagara Falls has its faults BUT, IF Bon Jovi were the successful bidder, he needs a place to play. Toronto is way short of NFL seating standards. He needs a new Stadium, and we all know the BILLS don't draw well in Toronto. He should know that Canadian support is not enough by itself. He also should know that our Fan Base will not follow the team to Toronto.

So IF he's successful, a NF site makes sense in keeping us, and adding enough additional Canadian Fans to make the whole outrageous purchase price work.

The future of the BILLS demands a "regional" fan base. NF is close enough to: Buffalo, Hamilton, Toronto, and Rochester to provide the fan support that will be needed in the future.

So I guess you read the Toronto Sun article from yesterday. You make good points. I brought up the same on a thread yesterday. As long as Bon Jovi keeps it in NF and signs a long term agreement with NYS, I'm fine with it. The Golisano angle seems interesting placing where the Seneca Mall was with the Real Estate Developer, but doesn't help regionalizing the team with Canada and Rochester.

This might work is you put it out near Summit Park at the end of the LaSalle Expressway.

Doubt it would happen there, but that would work well as a location.

If not, maybe out on Rte. 31 between Niagara University and Smoking Joe's on the Tuscarora Reservation (obviously on the southern side of the road because the northern side is Tuscarora land).

A third place that might work would off the 990 out toward UB-North. . .but again that's Amherst and it might not be conducive to the rich people there.

Honestly, there are options, but I believe the team will need to stay in Orchard Park.

There is no evidence to support this conclusion. And it really isn't the public/state's mission to maximize the Bills revenue/profits. The hundreds of millions in tax money to just rehab that (former) city would never be recovered by the state. It makes no sense fiscally. NYS is already committing 1 billion to Buffalo--a viable city--and there is some hope that some of that money will come back to the state in tax revenue.

I think Cuomo knows that the money is best spent in Buffalo and completely wasted in NF. HE also knows he doesn't need to carry WNY to be re-elected.

Of course we're talking about projections so there's "no evidence".

What real historical evidence we have is on Buffalo, and it shows the low ticket prices and lacking corporate suites do not support an NFL team going forward.

btw, I take it by your one-sided/obstructionist comments you work for Erie county or youre one of the people collecting $20 to let people park on your lawn near the Ralph? Or in some other way derive economic benefit from Bills in Erie County?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Buffalo Bills Franchise Encyclopedia

Regular Season Record (all-time) :
376-436-8

Playoff Record (all-time) :
14-15

Last Playoff appearance after 1999 season

New Stadium Cost approx 1 Billion

Winning percentage = 60 games under .500

21 Winning Seasons out of 53

Buffalo Ranks 4th in the Nation in Poverty per reports yesterday on CHannel 2, 4, and 7.

Last Season the Bills ranked 19th in Attendance for 7 games the Toronto game doesnt count I guess.

The Bills Current Stadium was Built in 1973 and is geting a makeover for 130 Million.

In what world does this justify Erie County / NYS or a new owner spending over a Billion dollars for a new facility in Buffalo?

Edited by oman128

376-436-8

14-15

Buffalo Ranks 4th in the Nation in Poverty per reports yesterday on CHannel 2, 4, and 7.

Last Season the Bills ranked 19th in Attendance for 7 games the Toronto game doesnt count I guess.

The Bills Current Stadium was Built in 1973 and is geting a makeover for 130 Million.

In what world does this justify Erie County / NYS or a new owner spending over a Billion dollars for a new facility in Buffalo?

In a world where if you want to play with the big boys you need to have the big toys. Too rich for you? When the Bills leave you can watch UB football then.

Of course we're talking about projections so there's "no evidence".

What real historical evidence we have is on Buffalo, and it shows the low ticket prices and lacking corporate suites do not support an NFL team going forward.

btw, I take it by your one-sided/obstructionist comments you work for Erie county or youre one of the people collecting $20 to let people park on your lawn near the Ralph? Or in some other way derive economic benefit from Bills in Erie County?

You just solidified your reputation for reaching ridiculous conclusions. But in this case you made a lucky guess. Yes, I work for Erie County.

Anyway, your point that by moving the stadium a few miles north, suddenly the place will be filled with higher paying Canadaian fans who would not spend the same money if the new stadium was a few miles south--in Buffalo?

The "obstruction" seems to be reality and arriving at common sense positions.

376-436-8

14-15

I get your sentiment, but most of your points are irrelevant. The Bengals have won nothing in their history. New stadium. The Browns have won nothing since the 60's. New stadium. The Lions? I could go on across the major sports leagues. And Cleveland and Detroit aren't wealthy areas either. Has nothing to do with statistics on city financial health or wins and losses. It won't just be local taxes helping pay for the stadium. It will be state taxes as well.

New stadium has to do with revenue streams going forward. The one point you highlighted that could mean something is the 130 million already being spent on renovations. Cuomo, et all will need to answer for that if a new stadium is the way forward. End of the day, keeping the Bills is going to cost some money. Buffalo and NYS has to step up or step off. A new stadium might not cost a billion, depends on where they put it, roof or no roof. But money spent on construction, surrounding development and infrastructure improvement would add a tremendous amount of jobs to the region. Take the bitter with the sweet.

Edited by purple haze