The #1 OT's in America 2010 and 2011 are Bills.

I was just looking through the recruiting page on ESPN. I went back a few years. Seems that in 2010 Seantrell Henderson was the #1 rated OT in America. In fact, he was the highest rated recruit for the University of Miami. In 2011, Cyrus was the #1 rated OT in America, and was the number 1 recruit for the University of Alabama.

Obviously these guys have some physical gifts. Seantrell has also mastered the art of smoking dope, but he has managed to make it to the point where he is now a Bill. Cyrus had his injuries 3 years ago, and seems like a pretty level-headed dude.

Cyril Richardson was not as highly recruited, but he was the Big 12 offensive lineman of the year the last two years, and was a unanimous All-American guard last year for Baylor.

I think we have just drafted The Wall. Put them with Eric Wood and Cordy Glenn, and lay down some serious yards the next several years.

You guys already knew this, right? I'm just punching it up again. I think we're good to go on the OL.

Doug Whaley could very well turn out to be the GM who changes the really lousy draft history of the team over the last 14 years.

If you look back at the history of this teams drafts you would find that the only players that ended up becoming long term impact starters were the players drafted in the first, and second rounds. Usually anyone drafted after those first two rounds ended up being a wasted draft pick.

Hopefully the Bills could possibly have found three very good starters for the line...then again, they might have only found one. Time will tell.

I was just looking through the recruiting page on ESPN. I went back a few years. Seems that in 2010 Seantrell Henderson was the #1 rated OT in America. In fact, he was the highest rated recruit for the University of Miami. In 2011, Cyrus was the #1 rated OT in America, and was the number 1 recruit for the University of Alabama.

Obviously these guys have some physical gifts. Seantrell has also mastered the art of smoking dope, but he has managed to make it to the point where he is now a Bill. Cyrus had his injuries 3 years ago, and seems like a pretty level-headed dude.

Cyril Richardson was not as highly recruited, but he was the Big 12 offensive lineman of the year the last two years, and was a unanimous All-American guard last year for Baylor.

I think we have just drafted The Wall. Put them with Eric Wood and Cordy Glenn, and lay down some serious yards the next several years.

You guys already knew this, right? I'm just punching it up again. I think we're good to go on the OL.

I agree 100%. Add in the guy that many poo poo for some reason that we got this offseason to play the other guard spot and we are on.

No but the "Doug's must go" campaign is ready to go after their first loss.

Unfortunately some morons will actually start this campaign

That other guy signed away from the Rams, Chris Williams, was the 14th pick in the 2008 draft. Chicago Bears. So he had some skill too. Hopefully he will rediscover his talent with good coaching. He started all 16 games for the Rams last year. If he's good enough to start this fall, then he was a good value signing. If not, maybe a solid backup and future cut.

That other guy signed away from the Rams, Chris Williams, was the 14th pick in the 2008 draft. Chicago Bears. So he had some skill too. Hopefully he will rediscover his talent with good coaching. He started all 16 games for the Rams last year. If he's good enough to start this fall, then he was a good value signing. If not, maybe a solid backup and future cut.

The Bills didn't give him a 4 year 13.5 million dollar contract to be a backup

Not that I have anything bad (or good) to say about Seantrell Henderson ... but can we please stop pretending that high school is predictive? Enough with the high school records, folks.

Not that I have anything bad (or good) to say about Seantrell Henderson ... but can we please stop pretending that high school is predictive? Enough with the high school records, folks.

The number one recruit in America. The USA Today Offensive Player of the Year. That means that we have superior athletes. You cannot fall apart that quickly.

Although there are countless examples of athletes who have been labeled "can't miss" and go ahead and miss anyway. Steve Emtmann, Mike Williams, Bosworth, Ryan Leaf, Tom Cousineau, Walt Patulski, Aaron Maybin, Rudy Glandowski, Eddy McCrawfish, Liddy von Baatenburg, Shlerme Beckermann, Murray Head, Andy Markforth, Ilie "the hawk" Ingerplank, Paddy Chayevski, Monroe Doctrine, Phil Dokes, Barry "the Zit" McCabe, Wolf Blitzer, and Booker Moore, the guy we drafted from Penn State who had Guillen-Barre Syndrome and was paralyzed for a year. Mickey Way, the candy bar.

Edited by TC in St. Louis

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/average/guard/limit-25/

Williams is the 24th highest paid OG according to this site. While not extravagant it is starter money when you figure that there are 64 starting OGs out there.

Chris Williams base salary is 1.425 in 2014.

Which puts him around #45 on all the guards in the NFL.

Since there is a 100% chance that the two starting guards will miss some time throughout the season that's right in line with a guy that might be your starter or your first man off the bench.

The problem with Chris Williams contract is not his salary. It is his signing bonus.

He got a 3.5M signing bonus which is kinda crazy but also probably means that someone else was trying to sign him too.

So yes he got a crazy signing bonus but he isn't being paid like a player that can be your 6th offensive lineman, especially when the 52 man roster might a few rooks on the o-line. They basically can't cut Chris Williams so he is a lock to make the roster. I hope he can turn his career around and help push the young ones.

I love that they went big in the draft. Forget the skill players if you can. The Bills are taking a stab at an identity that will feature their RBs and maybe mask any QB deficiencies. Makes a lot of sense to me.