Extreme Makeover Krabbe's Disease

Corp000085

I couldn't stay focused on the game, so i decided to watch extreme makeover. I thought the house that they built was awesome. The Jim Kelly cameo was pretty neat too. I loved the air purification system in the house. Correct me if i'm wrong, but was that ralph wilson's personal plane?? I wish the girl and her family well.

I couldn't stay focused on the game, so i decided to watch extreme makeover.  I thought the house that they built was awesome.  The Jim Kelly cameo was pretty neat too.  I loved the air purification system in the house.  Correct me if i'm wrong, but was that ralph wilson's personal plane??  I wish the girl and her family well.

215895[/snapback]

Not Ralph's plane. Jim has a very close friend who is a pilot and owns the plane. Hunter cannot fly on commercial planes either because of all his equipment and that's who flies them also.

Not Ralph's plane. Jim has a very close friend who is a pilot and owns the plane. Hunter cannot fly on commercial planes either because of all his equipment and that's who flies them also.

216104[/snapback]

At which point of the show did Jimbo show up? I'm on the west coast and is watching it right now and it's 40 minutes into the show. Hope I haven't missed it.

You aren't lying.  That show is all that is good about humanity.  Too bad it's the aberration in television, rather than the rule.

217151[/snapback]

You mean, tonight's "Fear Factor" where someone will undoubtedly have to eat a pickled reproduction organ of a bull or something equally grotesque isn't a "quality" show?

Man, Extreme Makeover is a great show... The $100,000 was awesome at the end.

You mean, tonight's "Fear Factor" where someone will undoubtedly have to eat a pickled reproduction organ of a bull or something equally grotesque isn't a "quality" show?

Man, Extreme Makeover is a great show...  The $100,000 was awesome at the end.

217156[/snapback]

I don't know. I don't watch "Fear Factor" or any other "reality" show other than Extreme Makeover.

The sick side of me wants to know what that house is worth now. It's truly something.

I wonder what happened to the dad? Also, if the mom isn't working in order to take care of her daughter, how long will that 100,000 last to maintaining the bills in that house. I often wonder about the expenses of these houses. If the people couldn't afford to upkeep the old houses, what are they going to do with these new ones? :w00t:

I love the show though.

I wonder what happened to the dad? Also, if the mom isn't working in order to take care of her daughter, how long will that 100,000 last to maintaining the bills in that house. I often wonder about the expenses of these houses. If the people couldn't afford to upkeep the old houses, what are they going to do with these new ones?  :w00t:

I love the show though.

217213[/snapback]

I really want them to go back in 5 years and revisit these families.

My question, best left to legal, financial types, is this:

What are the tax ramifications of shows like this? I know when Oprah gives cars away, the audience memebers are responsible for paying taxes on them as income. What about a $500,000 remodeling of a house? That would be really bad to have the IRS surprise you with a $200,000 tax bill.

My question, best left to legal, financial types, is this:

What are the tax ramifications of shows like this?  I know when Oprah gives cars away, the audience memebers are responsible for paying taxes on them as income.  What about a $500,000 remodeling of a house?  That would be really bad to have the IRS surprise you with a $200,000 tax bill.

217274[/snapback]

They work a loophole in the tax code. Apparently you don't need to pay taxes if you lease your house out for less than 15 days, so they "lease" the property for whatever the amount is....it could lead to troubles...we'll see...

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:00PlG...+loophole&hl=en

Thus would be the reason that they do the 7 day remodel, rather than 30 days or something like that?

Makes sense.

Essentially the owners lease the home to Ty, while they go on vacation (paid by ABC of course -- probably no way around that tax issue), when they return the house is theirs again because the 7 day lease is up.

Is that right?

All work done during the lease is then tax exempt