Rumor: NE interested in Ohio State RB Carlos Hyde

I'm under the impression that NE could line up anyone in the backfield and have success with them. Brady is so much of a threat, that the running game is simply not focused on, no matter what.

That's why I would be floored if they drafted a RB as high as it would be take to get Hyde.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't think Hyde goes in the 1st round unless a team wants to trade up to the bottom of the 1st for him because they have the picks to do that... the Browns would have already had 2 picks in the 1st so maybe they compile some others from the 2nd or 3rd and trade up to NE's spot and take Hyde, for instance. Otherwise, he will be a 2nd round pick at best due to the undervaluing of the RB position in general and the overall talent in this draft. JMO.

NE or Cleveland are two likely spots for Hyde & Cleveland definitely has the ammunition to make some moves if they feel like they need to.

FYI--I'm sure it is posted elsewhere, but OBD is bringing in the RB from Towson. How many RB pre-draft visits does that make, 3? That's more than smoke, I'd say.

NE or Cleveland are two likely spots for Hyde & Cleveland definitely has the ammunition to make some moves if they feel like they need to.

FYI--I'm sure it is posted elsewhere, but OBD is bringing in the RB from Towson. How many RB pre-draft visits does that make, 3? That's more than smoke, I'd say.

yes and yes

I just posted it in Astro's Visit-based Mock thread because I couldn't find the Pre-Draft Visit thread. It was pinned but I don't see it anymore.

I just posted it in Astro's Visit-based Mock thread because I couldn't find the Pre-Draft Visit thread. It was pinned but I don't see it anymore.

I too noticed it had been unpinned. Was going to put the Towson guy there last night.

I'll search for it later and re-pin.

Cleveland going RB in the first after trading away Trent Richardson?! I think Pettine may do that but I don't know if the powers that be would let him

And Beerball. It is funny how you have no choice in Columbus but to enjoy the Bucks. If you don't like them you do not have a choice, they are covered tremendously well for a Midwestern college team.

Cleveland going RB in the first after trading away Trent Richardson?! I think Pettine may do that but I don't know if the powers that be would let him

And Beerball. It is funny how you have no choice in Columbus but to enjoy the Bucks. If you don't like them you do not have a choice, they are covered tremendously well for a Midwestern college team.

Cleveland has sooooo many options. That doesn't guarantee success, but, they have options. One of their first 2 picks will be a QB IMO. I could see them picking Hyde with their second round pick unless they trade their second #1 (only if they take a QB with their first first) for a later 1 plus picks. Then I could see them taking Hyde with a late round 1 pick.

I'm not sure if that's confusing to y'all, but I think I'm feeling a little dizzy right now.

I don't want this thread to derail, but, I don't remember those threads unless you're talking about CJ. The angst I remember (by some, myself included) was that we didn't need a RB when he was drafted at #9. It is though interesting to note that no RB has been taken in the first round since 2010 (I believe that is correct). That doesn't mean that none will be taken this year, but, it is interesting to note. The passing game has far outpaced the running game in terms of importance with most teams.

If someone has some time...it might be interesting to note how many 1st round RBs there have been in the past 5 years compared to WRs and TEs. (WR is obviously influenced by the # on the field on any given play)

As long as I didn't miss anyone, from 2009 - 2013 10 RBs, 18 WRs, 3 TEs

2009 2010 2011 2012 2013

#7- D. Heyward-Bay WR #9- C.J. Spiller RB #4- A.J. Green WR #3- T. Richardson RB #8- T. Austin WR

#10- M Crabtree WR #12- R. Mathews RB #6- J. Jones WR #5- J. Blackmon WR #21- T. Eifert TE

#12- K. Moreno RB #21- J. Gresham TE #26- J. Baldwin WR #13- M. Floyd WR #27- D. Hopkins WR

#19- J. Maclin WR #22- D. Thomas WR #28- M. Ingram RB #20- K Wright WR #29- C. Patterson WR

#20- B. Pettigrew TE #24- D. Bryant WR #30- A.J. Jenkins WR

#22- P. Harvin WR #30- J. Best RB #31- D. Martin RB

#27- D. Brown RB #32- D. Wilson RB

#29- H. Nicks WR

#30- K. Britt WR

#31- C. Wells RB

I like the kid from Auburn more: Tre Mason . . . 2nd Round?

He reminds me a lot of a bigger and faster Fred Jackson

faster? yes. bigger? certainly not.

but yes, if a team gets him past pick 55 they're getting a steal; mason and greg robinson combined to create a running game that carried that auburn team.

Cleveland is definitely a spot he could land, tons of picks.

As long as I didn't miss anyone, from 2009 - 2013 10 RBs, 18 WRs, 3 TEs

2009 2010 2011 2012 2013

#7- D. Heyward-Bay WR #9- C.J. Spiller RB #4- A.J. Green WR #3- T. Richardson RB #8- T. Austin WR

#10- M Crabtree WR #12- R. Mathews RB #6- J. Jones WR #5- J. Blackmon WR #21- T. Eifert TE

#12- K. Moreno RB #21- J. Gresham TE #26- J. Baldwin WR #13- M. Floyd WR #27- D. Hopkins WR

#19- J. Maclin WR #22- D. Thomas WR #28- M. Ingram RB #20- K Wright WR #29- C. Patterson WR

#20- B. Pettigrew TE #24- D. Bryant WR #30- A.J. Jenkins WR

#22- P. Harvin WR #30- J. Best RB #31- D. Martin RB

#27- D. Brown RB #32- D. Wilson RB

#29- H. Nicks WR

#30- K. Britt WR

#31- C. Wells RB

Thanks. It is more balanced than I expected. I would have thought it would be more like 3:1 receiver to RB.