Did anyone hear the interview with FJ yesterday on NFL Radio?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Fred be a HOFer if he played on the Bills in the early 90s instead of Thurman? (Assuming he stayed healthy).

Fred was an underrated beast in his prime and still a productive player. He remains my favorite Bill.

yup

Then you must be very young.

Thurman Thomas could catch, run and block. He did it so well, there's a bust of him in Canton. Fred's good, but isn't in the same universe as the Thurmanimator.

Yeah, I was born in 78 n been a fan as long as i remember. TT was a monster and had a better career ( HOF). I have his Jersey from the 90's. This doesn't mean i liked him as a player more. Fred is very good player and his attitude has been solid from the beginning. On top of that his journey to get to play in the NFL also comes into play. Thurman is very loved in B-lo, but he had some "mishaps along the way"!!

Thanks for your input as to why FJ is such a great player

Then you must be very young.

Thurman Thomas could catch, run and block. He did it so well, there's a bust of him in Canton. Fred's good, but isn't in the same universe as the Thurmanimator.

I'm hardly young - I remember when Mini Max Andersen played RB for the Bills. And while I won't say Fred's as good as TT, I think he's up there. I think if Fred had the supporting cast that Thurman had, and stayed healthy, he could have been a HOF candidate. I really think Fred was that good in his prime. He really carried the team on his back for a couple years earning us some wins we wouldn't have got otherwise. His stats were limited to a certain extent by a poor O line and lack of other threats. If I'm not mistaken, he led the NFL in yards after contact one year. He was making something out of nothing.

SJ13 a TOP TIER TALENT??? So much love for an average player. If you compare SJ to FJ you deserve to be banned from this site.

Yea yea yea I know I don't have a lot of post but I frequented this place a lot, I well aware of how you feel about Stevie, I just don't agree. While, I don't deny he has some shortcomings, the facts are he's one year removed from 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons. During that span, only 4 other WRs accomplished that feat (C. Johnson, R. White, M. Colston, B. Marshall). He also averaged 16th in yards and just shy of 8 TDs a year during that time. Sounds pretty damn good to me. To top it off he only has 3 fumbles in his career.But, you're dying to get rid of him and I can't figure out why. If it's drops, in 2012 Stevie's last full year, - Welker, Johnson, Marshall, Cruz, and Decker all had more. There's some mighty big names on that list. Just saying :nana: Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Yea yea yea I know I don't have alot of post but I frequented this place alot, I well aware of how you feel about Stevie, I just don't agree. While I don't deny he has some shortcomings, the facts are he's one year removed from 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons. During that span only 4 other WRs accomplished that feat (C. Johnson, R. White, M. Colston, B. Marshall). He also averaged 16th in yards and just shy of 8 TDs a year during that time. Sounds pretty damn good to me. To top it off he only has 3 fumbles in his career.But, you're dying to get rid of him and I can't figure out why. If it's drops in 2012 Stevie's last full year - Welker, Johnson, Marshall, Cruz, and Decker all had more. There's some mighty names on that list. Just saying :nana:

BANG !

Yea yea yea I know I don't have alot of post but I frequented this place alot, I well aware of how you feel about Stevie, I just don't agree. While I don't deny he has some shortcomings, the facts are he's one year removed from 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons. During that span only 4 other WRs accomplished that feat (C. Johnson, R. White, M. Colston, B. Marshall). He also averaged 16th in yards and just shy of 8 TDs a year during that time. Sounds pretty damn good to me. To top it off he only has 3 fumbles in his career.But, you're dying to get rid of him and I can't figure out why. If it's drops in 2012 Stevie's last full year - Welker, Johnson, Marshall, Cruz, and Decker all had more. There's some mighty names on that list. Just saying :nana:

well done but he'll never get it and never give up. Don't feed the troll

I'm hardly young - I remember when Mini Max Andersen played RB for the Bills. And while I won't say Fred's as good as TT, I think he's up there. I think if Fred had the supporting cast that Thurman had, and stayed healthy, he could have been a HOF candidate. I really think Fred was that good in his prime. He really carried the team on his back for a couple years earning us some wins we wouldn't have got otherwise. His stats were limited to a certain extent by a poor O line and lack of other threats. If I'm not mistaken, he led the NFL in yards after contact one year. He was making something out of nothing.

1st things first: We Bills fans are a very spoiled lot when it comes to RBs. Therefore, we can have very real debate about who is a better RB, moreso than ANY other team, ever. 27 times RBs produce 1000 yrd rushing seasons for us. Far and away the very best in League history. This gets lost in the quagmire that is our overall W/L record. Fred's 1-1K season brings him into the fold along with Greg Bell, Cookie, Terry Miller, Antoine Smith and CJ*. All the others are multiple 1K rushers: Travis Henry -2, Lynch -2, McGahee -2, Joe Cribbs -3, OJ -5 & Thurman -8. (all seasons with the Bills solely. CJ* obviously could add to his total) This makes Fred rather pedestrian when compared to the rest of our historic RBs. I loved Mini-Max too and it's hard to believe -looking at his very average career stats -that I thought he was great.. HA!

IMO, Freddie gets such undying love and admiration from us these days because the teams that have been around him for 7+ seasons are among our worst ever. And THAT is really saying something.. Yes, he's a hard worker, respectful of the League and team who gave him a chance to perform and he's been virtually the sole shining light of a dismal franchise since he arrived. But in context of the teams' history, he fits somewhere in the Robb Riddick, Roland Hooks, Kenny Davis, Ronnie Harmon group -an effective RB over approximately 5 seasons. Certainly, he'll be remembered fondly for his play and character. Best Ever? Not on this franchise.

1st things first: We Bills fans are a very spoiled lot when it comes to RBs. Therefore, we can have very real debate about who is a better RB, moreso than ANY other team, ever. We've had 27 RBs produce 1000 yrd rushing seasons. Far and away the very best in League history. This gets lost in the quagmire that is our overall W/L record. Fred's 1-1K season brings him into the fold along with Greg Bell, Cookie, Terry Miller, Antoine Smith and CJ*. All the others are multiple 1K rushers: Travis Henry -2, Lynch -2, McGahee -2, Joe Cribbs -3, OJ -5 & Thurman -8. (all seasons with the Bills solely. CJ* obviously could add to his total) This makes Fred rather pedestrian when compared to the rest of our historic RBs. I loved Mini-Max too and it's hard to believe -looking at his very average career stats -that I thought he was great.. HA!

IMO, Freddie gets such undying love and admiration from us these days because the teams that have been around him for 7+ seasons are among our worst ever. And THAT is really saying something.. Yes, he's a hard worker, respectful of the League and team who gave him a chance to perform and he's been virtually the sole shining light of a dismal franchise since he arrived. But in context of the teams' history, he fits somewhere in the Robb Riddick, Roland Hooks, Kenny Davis, Ronnie Harmon group -an effective RB over approximately 5 seasons. Certainly, he'll be remembered fondly for his play and character. Best Ever? Not on this franchise.

Well said, funny thing is, if I could get Freddie at the same starting age of all those RBs, I'd only take Thurman and OJ ahead of him. In all fairness, that excludes Cookie, I never saw him play.

Would Fred be a HOFer if he played on the Bills in the early 90s instead of Thurman? (Assuming he stayed healthy).

Fred was an underrated beast in his prime and still a productive player. He remains my favorite Bill.

Hell no.

In the era you reference, Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith, Eric Dickerson, Marcus Allen prowled the gridirons -along with Thurman Thomas. All of them are in Canton and it took Thurman 2 years of eligibility before he was enshrined. Freddie then, as with now, would be in a grouping of players like Lorenzo White, Freeman McNeil and Joe Washington. Effective within a system.