AC/DC rumor - to retire due to bad health?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/fans-hope-for-the-best-as-rumours-swirl-about-malcolm-youngs-health-and-acdcs-future/story-fni0b7jg-1226884658411

Apparently Malcolm Young is in ill-health (stroke?) and rumors are circulating that the band will hang it up having previously agreed that no member would ever be replaced.

That would be an interesting rule considering they toured for 35 years after Bon Scott passed.

Yeah it may be a recent thing. They also had 2 different drummers between Phil Rudd's departure and return.

It's non stop reporting in Oz. His health is pretty poor, let alone play guitar, a stroke, from accounts here. Oh and the rumoured pact was if someone should need to leave the band. I guess Bon's exit wasn't optional. Searchlights...

Define relevant. Putting out new music the fans enjoy? Being among the top musical touring acts year after year? Books? Age should not prevent you from doing what you enjoy?

I never got rock and roll acts that toured into their geriatric years. Rock and roll is for the young, IMO. How long's it been since Mick Jagger was relevant? 30 years? more?

Define relevant. Putting out new music the fans enjoy? Being among the top musical touring acts year after year? Books? Age should not prevent you from doing what you enjoy?

I guess you and I need to change our tastes in music, Pooj.

I wholeheartedly agree about enjoying new bands in fact I rarely listen to the bands of my youth anymore, except for the dead, but I would never call them not relevant.

Not saying that at all. Hell, I listen to those bands too. But...I enjoy newer acts immensely, they bring something fresh to the table.

I never got rock and roll acts that toured into their geriatric years. Rock and roll is for the young, IMO. How long's it been since Mick Jagger was relevant? 30 years? more?

To a point I can agree that touring and playing large venues is not for the geriatric. At the same time if they can still pound out a good show and people buy tickets more power to them.

Man, it seems to change daily..couple that come to mind are st. Vincent, okkerville river, the districts, lake street dive, the hold steady...the new beck is pretty awesome as well.

Okkervil isn't exactly new by my definition. They just released a new(er) album, but they've been doing it for more than 15 years.

Edited by Jauronimo

Man, it seems to change daily..couple that come to mind are st. Vincent, okkerville river, the districts, lake street dive, the hold steady...the new beck is pretty awesome as well.

I've been listening to a lot of electronica/dub/chill/and DnB lately. Good for gaming, can find 5+ hour mixes on youtube!

Yeah I know...I really enjoyed their album prior to the new one and the new one cemented them for me. They are new to me so that's why I included them.

JSP...I'm very slowly starting to enjoy the electronica stuff. Its not really my cup of tea but I saw skrillex a couple years ago and enjoyed it a lot so I let my guard down on that style.

Okkervil isn't exactly new by my definition. They just released a new(er) album, but they've been doing it for more than 15 years.