Who Don't You Want at 9?

LB3

And if they miss the playoffs yet again, how stupid would that look?

And if Manziel is the next Franchise QB they pass over, how stupid . . .

And if they take Manziel, he wins the job, and makes the playoffs, how smart would that look?

If. And a big if. If we are one player away from the playoffs, its QB. Ya gotta swing for the fences at QB. If you dont have one, nothing else matters.

(and I know Whaley wont. He wont admit a mistake so soon. But I would love Manziel. And I wanted EJ soooooo bad last year. But the reality is, we still dont have a QB).

I'm sorry. How stupid would that BE….

You spend a 1st round pick on a guy, give him the keys from day 1, then abandon him after about 7 starts?

Drafting a QB in the 1st round is especially stupid this year because:

1. There is no QB that is clearly better than what you have

2. The Bills have questions at RT, RG, LG, TE and WR on offense and RDE, OLB, MLB and FS on defense (1 year bandaid FA's notwithstanding), and

3. You effectively trash a major commitment you made less than a year ago…a move that reeks of incompetence and would resonate as such with every player in the locker room, every person in the building and anyone who knows anything about football.

Take Murray in the 3rd. Wait till you have a better feel with Manuel. Taking a QB this year in the 1st round sets the Bills further back and virtually guarantees they would not get to the playoffs.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ebron, Johnny, Lewan

Ebron just has the feeling of being a bust. Nothing other than my gut on this one to go by but he just doesn't feel right to me especially if there is a chance to get Niklas in the second round (assuming we draft defense in the first)

JF is just a bad idea. See JPS's post. Agree 100%.

Lewan isn't a don't want pick for me but more of a "oh well...." I'm not high on him but we could definitely pick a worse player at 9.

Stay away from the yoga pants, though, please.

GO BILLS!!!

I dont even have Yoga pants !!!

But i will get some if thats the sacrifice i need to make for playoffs this year

Clowney.

Would be a nice pairing i think on each end .

They could take turns taking plays off.

Oh Yes I Did

I think people are saying Lewan because they know damn well thats probably who they are gonna draft......

He is probably BPA at that point it Mathews has been drafted

For me, it's more of hoping he can contribute immediately in solidifying the O-line. A weapon like TE, WR or DE, LB are noticeable game changers. I don't know if he will be one.

And if they miss the playoffs yet again, how stupid would that look?

And if Manziel is the next Franchise QB they pass over, how stupid . . .

And if they take Manziel, he wins the job, and makes the playoffs, how smart would that look?

If. And a big if. If we are one player away from the playoffs, its QB. Ya gotta swing for the fences at QB. If you dont have one, nothing else matters.

(and I know Whaley wont. He wont admit a mistake so soon. But I would love Manziel. And I wanted EJ soooooo bad last year. But the reality is, we still dont have a QB).

I think whether EJ pans out or not , drafting another in the first or second even will do nothing towards team morale. Seems like the Bills are second guessing themselves. Cant inspire confidence that way.

If they indeed dont get the results they hoped for this year . There is a decent crop of QBs coming up next year.

I understand your point but i dont feel its a good idea this draft .

You do gotta swing for the fences . But its also gotta be a decent pitch, and you dont always get those.

: )

For me, it's more of hoping he can contribute immediately in solidifying the O-line. A weapon like TE, WR or DE, LB are noticeable game changers. I don't know if he will be one.

Its a tough call. He might be the best player at that second tier and its a need pick we all feel.

At nine who ever sure a s F better contribute immediately!

Gosh Darnit !!

Edited by 3rdand12

I think whether EJ pans out or not , drafting another in the first or second even will do nothing towards team morale. Seems like the Bills are second guessing themselves. Cant inspire confidence that way.

If they indeed dont get the results they hoped for this year . There is a decent crop of QBs coming up next year.

I understand your point but i dont feel its a good idea this draft .

You do gotta swing for the fences . But its also gotta be a decent pitch, and you dont always get those.

: )

Its a tough call. He might be the best player and the second tier and its a need we all feel.

At nine who ever sure a s F better contribute immediately!

Gosh Darnit !!

You also get 3 strikes to strike out. This isn't one-pitch. Need to see what EJ can do before we decide to make ourselves the New NYJ.

Noticeable being the operative word. Like I've sad before, the only time you need an All Pro OT is when a bad one is getting your QB planted or your RB stuffed. GREAT tackles are seldom noticed, unless it's brought to our attention by the analyst doing the game. But on a play to play basis, a great OT has a HUGE impact on the game. They need to make plays so your playmakers can make plays. Great OTs are indeed difference makers.

GO BILLS!!!

Noticeable being the operative word. Like I've sad before, the only time you need an All Pro OT is when a bad one is getting your QB planted or your RB stuffed. GREAT tackles are seldom noticed, unless it's brought to our attention by the analyst doing the game. But on a play to play basis, a great OT has a HUGE impact on the game. They need to make plays so your playmakers can make plays. Great OTs are indeed difference makers.

GO BILLS!!!

I get your point, but everyone noticed how good Glenn is/was at LT and how bad Legursky is/was at LG. Noticing the unnoticed is kind of the same thing as what I meant. I don't know if Lewan has the ability to be noticeably unnoticeable.

I'm not down on him, just not completely sold is all. If he can come in a give EJ the time he needs then I'm all for picking him.

Edited by The Wiz

I get your point, but everyone noticed how good Glenn is at LT and how bad Legursky was at LG. Noticing the unnoticed is kind of the same thing as what I meant. I don't know if Lewan has the ability to be noticeably unnoticeable.

My bad. I didn't know we were specifically talking about Lewan. While he is the 3rd best OT in the draft, if he's the BPA, I could live with it. From the few tidbits I've seen from a few people, he is always in that 9-11 range in terms of overall ranking. I could live with it if our people are convinced. We could certainly do worse than a player like Lewan.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Especially with the Bills right now . Very relevant postion to solidfiy for Bills offense under Marrone and Hackett. They grab one of them the Chris Williams will hold his own and the line will be fine i think .

My bad. I didn't know we were specifically talking about Lewan. While he is the 3rd best OT in the draft, if he's the BPA, I could live with it. From the few tidbits I've seen from a few people, he is always in that 9-11 range in terms of overall ranking. I could live with it if our people are convinced. We could certainly do worse than a player like Lewan.

GO BILLS!!!

This is the drop off i am concerned about. Robinson and Matthews are studs. No one questions that. No one.

And that is what i want for christmas this year. one of them.

Preferably Robinson from my personal standpoint but Matthews is a rock

Edited by 3rdand12

GO BILLS!!!

I agree. If Matthews/Robinson is there I have no problem drafting him to help the O-Line regardless if he is on the left or right side. Could only hope either of them can convert and shore up the inside and not leave Wood hanging out to dry on most plays.

Edited by The Wiz