How fast are the Bills?

The Bills have 3 guys in the top 4 fastest 20 yard times EVER at either the combine or pro day - per nfldraftscout.com. But they actually have 3 in the top 2 since #2-4 are tied.

#1 Gilmore 2.40

#T2 Goodwin 2.41

Spiller 2.41

Tony Villani@TonyVillani Apr 1

Fastest 20 yard times EVER at Indy...Steph Gilmore, Jacoby Ford, and Coty Sensabaugh all are at the top. #XPE pic.twitter.com/LfK4Lv8sp8

from Delray Beach, FL

BkIkT0wIIAAbjO4.png

I watch Goodwin run and he seems much faster than anyone around him. Can't say the same for the other two... Bet they have a good time in practice!

Goodwin does separate like bolt of lightning. It makes me angry that we have this kid returning kicks and the ST can't figure out a way to block for him. I believe that Goodwin held the all-time record for the fastest 40 time at the combine - 4.27. I am not sure if Dri Archer may have broken it this year, think he may have. Edited by YoloinOhio

Goodwin is noticeably fast . If ej just had some more time......

he really could just heave it and Goodwin would catch it .

Why the hell does Gilmore worry so much about press coverage if he is can run with anyone ?

Get CJ in space gosh darned it all !

Edited by 3rdand12

Why the hell does Gilmore worry so much about press coverage if he is can run with anyone ?

I think that's why Gilmore can do press coverage. Even if he is out muscled he can catch up. Sheds light on why he was a top ten pick.

I think the big difference between the others and Goodwin is what happens on the next 20 Yards. The guy seems like he never stops accelerating...

I think that's why Gilmore can do press coverage. Even if he is out muscled he can catch up. Sheds light on why he was a top ten pick.

I think the big difference between the others and Goodwin is what happens on the next 20 Yards. The guy seems like he never stops accelerating...

Agreed about M G.

The kid is something else to watch. And he does get off and seperate coverage. Pretty good for a rook ?

ej doesnt need more time to hit them if he were to wait he would under throw goodwin. He needs to get his timing and accuracy down.

TJ Graham ain't no slow polk, either. His track times are faster then Goodwins.

We are a fast team.

This i no sh---t .

But i still think Ej has a strong enough arm (if his feet were correct ) to just heave it and Goodwin would get under it.

Woods is the smooth route runner with sneaky speed and very good hands but needs will be better served EJ hitting him in stride.

kr832 is right though . Lets hope these guys spend some time together and get that dialed in.

:thumbsup:

Edited by 3rdand12

This i no sh---t .

But i still think Ej has a strong enough arm (if he feet were correct ) to just heave it and Goowin would get under it.

Woods is the smooth route runner with sneaky speed and very good hands but needs will be better served EJ hitting him in stride.

kr832 is right though . Lets hope these guys spend some time together and get that dialed in.

:thumbsup:

Woods has the ability to make cuts without losing much speed, its how Jerry Rice always got open, even on go routes, CBs were watching to see if he(Rice) was going to suddenly cut, so when Rice didn't CBs were out of position. Woods however doesn't have Rice's insane ball skills and size. That doesn't mean he can't be great though. Johnson can sell a route better than anyone in the league...if his hands were better he could be in the elite WR class. I like our WRs, Mike Williams is that physical Josh Gordon WR we need. 5 Wide with two speedster, 2 hard to cover WR and one that will out physical CBs...I like this.

Woods has the ability to make cuts without losing much speed, its how Jerry Rice always got open, even on go routes, CBs were watching to see if he(Rice) was going to suddenly cut, so when Rice didn't CBs were out of position. Woods however doesn't have Rice's insane ball skills and size. That doesn't mean he can't be great though. Johnson can sell a route better than anyone in the league...if his hands were better he could be in the elite WR class. I like our WRs, Mike Williams is that physical Josh Gordon WR we need. 5 Wide with two speedster, 2 hard to cover WR and one that will out physical CBs...I like this.

Me too !

Interesting that the Bills were interested in Chris Johnson as well. Maybe a statement on the underlying philosophy on building a roster at least at the skill positions. I don't think I have seen them articulate it publicly but can't be just chance.

Goodwin does separate like bolt of lightning. It makes me angry that we have this kid returning kicks and the ST can't figure out a way to block for him. I believe that Goodwin held the all-time record for the fastest 40 time at the combine - 4.27. I am not sure if Dri Archer may have broken it this year, think he may have.

Chris Johnson 4.24

Chris Johnson 4.24

According to NFL.com, CJ2K still holds the record at 4.24, Dri Archer took over 2nd this year with 4.26 and Goodwin now in 3rd at 4.27. These are only results since 2006 and doesn't include pro days, just official combine 40 times. I seem to remember Bo Jackson and maybe Deion Sanders being in the 4.21 range?

According to NFL.com, CJ2K still holds the record at 4.24, Dri Archer took over 2nd this year with 4.26 and Goodwin now in 3rd at 4.27. These are only results since 2006 and doesn't include pro days, just official combine 40 times. I seem to remember Bo Jackson and maybe Deion Sanders being in the 4.21 range?

Bo Jackson definitely had some crazy fast combine time. I wonder if we will see the likes of a freak 2-sport, natural pure athlete like him again.