DRAFT TALK

DOGNESS

This is more of general opinions on the draft. Im new so let me know if I should have posted this elsewhere.

Ill just throw out a thought. You can respond to it and say something else related to the draft. Bills are crazy if they dont take Mike Evans if hes even still there. I was leaning towards tackle, but this guy is a very rare WR with the size and athleticism. Reminds me of Michael Irvin. Thoughts?

I think the Bills will draft either Evans or Ebron at #9. Who they like best is a good question. I like Ebron better than Evans although my support isn't as strong as it was before Ebron's pro day. I just have the feeling that Ebron will be the tougher NFL player mentally when the chips are down in a game. Right now I think that they're both high ceiling prospects with a less than comfortable potential for being "bust" picks.

FYI though, the Eagles are bringing in Evans and everyone knows he's not lasting anywhere near their pick in the first. So…there's the real chance they would trade up to the Vikings #8 pick since the Bills #9 would be a very possible landing spot for Evans.

IMO the Bills are in a good spot. They can trade up for Watkins (while giving up next year's #1 would hurt, it won't be too overly painful if it puts the Bills franchise back into the playoffs), they can stand pat at #9 and wait for either Evans or Ebron with the possibility of having the choice between the two, or they can trade back/add picks and still draft a great WR while bolstering the rest of the roster with even more quality prospects.

Evans is the guy, Ebron if he's gone, Tackle not a bad choice in rd 1 or rd 2. Don't see how we can lose. The QB needy teams will jump on Manziel, Bortles and Carr, maybe even Bridgewater tho he seems damaged. The more QBs picked ahead of us, our #9 pick becomes a #5, 6, 7 pick value....then we could risk a trade down and still get one the three Evans, Ebron or a T. Unless we jump ahead to get Evans...

Evans will be available, but the the question is whether he's the right pick. There are some guys that I can't see falling to Buffalo no matter what. Clowney, Matthews, Robinson, and Watkins should all clearly be gone. There are 4 teams drafting ahead of the Bills that I could see considering QB, including Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland and Minnesota. If the big-3 do in fact get picked, that leaves only 1 more player before the Bills pick. Mack, Barr, Gilbert, Lewan, Evans would all still be there. There's no way I would take Evans before Mack and maybe even Barr. I I also have a sneaky suspicion that the Bills could be looking really hard at Lewan. After signing Chris Williams to a deal, their only real remaining need on the offensive line is RT. Lewan is a mauler.

If they are interested in drafting a WR #1 why did they pursue D-Jackson and Britt?????

Because there is no rule against adding more than one good player at a position in a given off-season.

FWIW, I was told today that WR is the target. I do not know if that means that they are going to go up if necessary but "expect WR" were the exact words.

This has been my hunch for quite some time...thanks for the info.

The Bills will draft one of the 3 OL that fall to them. They drafted two WR's last year and one the year before. Marrone wants to be a running team and Pears is weaker than Woods and Stevie Johnson at there positions. Plenty of WR in the draft. The Best way to help EJ is to take pressure off of him and pound the rock. We are using the Seattle blue print.

Edited by bisonbrigade

If they are interested in drafting a WR #1 why did they pursue D-Jackson and Britt?????

I look at it like this. If they can fill a position of need in free agency with a proven player, then they don't have to force a pick of that position on draft day. IMO, getting either Kenny Britt or DeSean Jackson means they're not drafting a QB in the first two rounds. Why would they double up if they have other areas of more significant need like OT or LB? The simple answer is that they wouldn't. Filling holes in free agency greatly simplifies draft strategy.

The Bills will draft one of the 3 OL that fall to them. They drafted two WR's last year and one the year before. Marrone wants to be a running team and Pears is weaker than Woods and Stevie Johnson at there positions. Plenty of WR in the draft. The Best way to help EJ is to take pressure off of him and pound the rock. We are using the Seattle blue print.

I could totally see this happening. I'm just not a big fan of Lewan.