A look at the progress of Ralph Wilson Stadium improvements

papazoid

No more blackouts? Reducing the number of seats in this deal? I gave up my Van Miller club seats and have to think that their would be whining if they are moving people out of my old section. I'm going to check with someone who still has their seats in sec 235

Edit nope. Sec 235 row seats were renewed in the same location with no notification of any seat changes I was told.

Edited by beerme1

Thinking about it, the removal of seat may just be to make it easier to do any concrete work in those areas. Although I can't find this confirmed anywhere, nor have I bothered to email the Bills to ask.

As for the old press box area, I remember hearing that once it was moved, it would be converted into more suites and club area, making the Maquire/Miller clubs similar to the Kelly club on the other side.

Logically, a new stadium will be needed, and it'll need to be in a high volume commercial area, and the stadium will either have to be a dome or have a retractible roof so it can be used year around for various things. That's the only way a new stadium would be "worth it" in the long run. The problem is, who is going to pay for it? If it has to come out of the new owner's pockets, are they going to want to build a new stadium in Buffalo, or are they going to want to move into a stadium being built elsewhere to entice a NFL team?

This is where, unfortunately, NY taxes might come into play.