Now I LOVE Brandon Spikes. I'm not a man....

Spikes was my MOST loathed guy in the NFL. Not only because of the helmet incident with Fitz, but he's had several plays against us that have made him look like he's doing nothing out there but trying to hurt people.

After the helmet to helmet hit on Freddy when he was basically defenseless, he became the consummate NFL villian for me, To make matters worse he's good and he plays for the Patriots.

I even remember telling my kids: "that is NOT how you play the game kids. There's a difference between hard nosed and cheap"

Sadly, within 5 minutes of learning that he was going to be our starting ILB I was excited and jumping up and down now that we finally have a beast run stuffing LB. "Maybe that helmet thing was just Fitz just being a Harvard baby" I said... "and anyway Freddy can take hits like that in his sleep...."

I'm not a man. Not a real one anyway.

A man would have stuck to his principles, his disdain for the cheap players should be unwavering no matter what color they wear, even if it's his own team's.. But the truth is, Brandon Spikes has shown me that I'm a waffling, spineless guy who really just hates everyone in the NFL until they become a Buffalo Bill. Does this mean I'd like Pete Carroll or Harbaugh or PacMan Jones if they could help us win?

I probably would. I'm getting rid of all the mirrors in my house because I can look at myself anymore.

I'm pathetic.

Spikes was my MOST loathed guy in the NFL. Not only because of the helmet incident with Fitz, but he's had several plays against us that have made him look like he's doing nothing out there but trying to hurt people.

After the helmet to helmet hit on Freddy when he was basically defenseless, he became the consummate NFL villian for me, To make matters worse he's good and he plays for the Patriots.

I even remember telling my kids: "that is NOT how you play the game kids. There's a difference between hard nosed and cheap"

Sadly, within 5 minutes of learning that he was going to be our starting ILB I was excited and jumping up and down now that we finally have a beast run stuffing LB. "Maybe that helmet thing was just Fitz just being a Harvard baby" I said... "and anyway Freddy can take hits like that in his sleep...."

A man would have stuck to his principles, his disdain for the cheap players should be unwavering no matter what color they wear, even if it's his own team's.. But the truth is, Brandon Spikes has shown me that I'm a waffling, spineless guy who really just hates everyone in the NFL until they become a Buffalo Bill. Does this mean I'd like Pete Carroll or Harbaugh or PacMan Jones if they could help us win?

I probably would. I'm getting rid of all the mirrors in my house because I can look at myself anymore.

I'm pathetic.

It doesn't mean that you aren't a man; it means that you are far enough removed from the situation that you don't have to deal with him on a personal level and can thus accept it.

It's okay to dislike certain acts and not to condone them; the act and the person aren't one and the same.

For me, I don't like Spikes taking cheap shots or making stupid plays; that doesn't mean I don't want him to play well for the team I support.

well, i often talk of "character guys" and doing things the right way" but i'm pretty sure after a few beers last year i was pleading with someone to take a shot at brady...even if it was 5 or 6 seconds after he threw the ball. so what exactly does that make me?

It's all good, WebsterGuy, though I feel your pain. I'm at a point now, where I'd chip in every Sunday morning to bail our Bills out of jail -if we had to- and drive them to the stadium.

I WOULD leave my wife & daughters at home. That accounts for something, right?

I'm pathetic.

no, you're wrong. you turned the other cheek. you forgave. this is the very essence of strength, and you sir are a virtuous man. you're...a...role model.

i mean, does all that make more sense when you forgive the guy who stuffed your hand a wood chipper? yeah. but how often does that actually happen to regular guy from Webster? better off taking the lead on this and showing others the way. huh, look at that, you're a leader, too.

thanks man.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

I'm liking that some of you guys are starting to come around to the realization that the NFL isn't a nice guy contest. Bills fans just love to hear about lovable underdogs. The problem is those guys are underdogs for a reason and if you fill your team with them you won't win many games.

I never liked the guy period!!!

But to see him in a Bills uniform, with the team huddled at midfield with him firing up the team gives me chills!!

This team needs attitude, this team needs to strike fear in their opponents when they get off the plane in Buffalo!

Knowing our luck, he'll become a vegan Hare Krishnan.

I, for one, am looking forward to him wreaking havoc.

OP: You can look at like this. You can bash someone you love. But if you hear another person saying the same thing to someone you love, you defend your loved one.

You're still a man.

It's pretty common to hate the a**hole, unless the a**hole has your back.

As a Lakers fan (yeah, I got lucky there), I used to hate Ron Artest. But when they signed him? I loved every second of it. We had a tough guy! Now he's gone again... and couldn't care less about him. :)

Edited by Dorkington

I'm pathetic.

Actually, you COULD be a Seattle SeAdderol fan. Just toss your principles out the window and win, baby.

One year contract as he has to prove himself for a big contract. He'll be highly motivated to take Brady's head off this year. I see the Bills picking him and Graham up as real wins. Jury is out on the other two. Who knows? If Moeki is actually finally healthy, we would've fixed another hole.

We make the dumb move and overpay for guys at the end of their careers like we've done in the past.

The real fear is Ralph passing away while there is no team in L.A.. I just never understood why Wilson didn't accept a contingent deal for good money (I.e. $1,000,000,000) from Pegula, or another ownership group wanting to maintain in Buffalo. it's not like his family won't significantly benefit from the sale. I can just see either of the two billionaires out in LA, buying our team by 2016, waiting out four years for the penalty to go down from $400,000,000 to a small $28,000,000 in 2020.

Then buy buy Bills in Buffalo.