Aaron Murray in the 3rd round

freester

Good kid, great leader. Watched him all four years. Improved each year. Plays through pain. Has too much regard for the game, wants to win too badly to the point where affects his play if he is involved in a negative play. Lacks true arm strength. All that being said, my daughter has met him and I have seen him in person and I think his leadership and effort would be a solid addition if he could take his game and more importantly his mental toughness to the next level. I would take him 3-5 round if available.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, 12 months ago we all knew--beyond a shadow of doubt--that 2014 was THE year for quarterbacks. I still expect anywhere from 5-7 to be taken in the top 10. We were stupid not to wait.

Facetious is hard to do in print. I hope that was the case with this post.

For all you college football enthusiasts, where would Murray be ranked if he hadn't gotten hurt?

I am a big UGA fan. I have also been a big critic of Murray at times.

Personally i think Murray could be a really solid good starter or a career back up. By this i mean he showed flashes in college of being amazing. he played in a pro style offense at UGA. He came 8 yards from beating Bama his Junior year in the SEC championship and he would of then killed N.D. in the NC.

Murray came back his senior year to win a SEC championship, UGA suffered a crazy amount of injuries. Murray lost his best WR in the opening game against Clemson. UGA then lost at least 3 more starting WR while also losing Gurley for periods of time and his other RB for the season.

Long answer but his senior year Murray was up and down mostly contributed to the injuries.

As for the knee injury, he will be ready to play by training camp and the season.

IF Murray is there in the 4th Bills should take him no question asked. I doubt he will be there though. I can see Denver taking him in the third. Or Maybe N.O. Teams with older aging QB's who have a few years left. Murray would be in an ideal situation with one of those teams. I believe Murray has the tools, he needs more coaching.

Murray holds the SEC career records for completions, passing yards, TDs, and total offense. Started every game of his career (52 straight) before the injury at the end of his senior year, and took every snap save for mop-up time. This in the SEC, facing future NFL'ers week in and week out. He's a tough kid and a strong leader.

Injury prone means sustaining injuries often. You can't look at his career and say he's injury prone. He was very unlucky in one play.

Murray holds the SEC career records for completions, passing yards, TDs, and total offense. Started every game of his career (52 straight) before the injury at the end of his senior year, and took every snap save for mop-up time. This in the SEC, facing future NFL'ers week in and week out. He's a tough kid and a strong leader.

Injury prone means sustaining injuries often. You can't look at his career and say he's injury prone. He was very unlucky in one play.

Actually, and i am not trying to pick nits here, but he was hurt and went back in. It appeared as if emmotions got the better of Murray and Richt in letting him continue to play against Ga Tech. What may have been a lessor injury might have been injured more...

Actually, and i am not trying to pick nits here, but he was hurt and went back in. It appeared as if emmotions got the better of Murray and Richt in letting him continue to play against Ga Tech. What may have been a lessor injury might have been injured more...

Wasnt it in the Ketucky game senior night?

The SEC is a good college league but all the SEC stats in the world do not necessarily translate into NFL success. The Bills should not be wasting a draft pick in the top 5 rounds on a QB who projects as a career back up, best case. He is a winner, but it takes much more than that. (Tebow anyone?)

The SEC is a good college league but all the SEC stats in the world do not necessarily translate into NFL success. The Bills should not be wasting a draft pick in the top 5 rounds on a QB who projects as a career back up, best case. He is a winner, but it takes much more than that. (Tebow anyone?)

Who's making this projection?

An ACL can be totally non-contact... This isn't a guy that got blown up by a 280lbs DT that's going to be selling cars and broke 3 ribs and seperated a shoulder under him worrying about how he will handle 330lbs monsters.... His knee got twisted funny and the ligament tore. A cleat sticking in the turf can cause that at any level and with a successful surgury he may end up with a knee just as, or more, structurally sound as when he started.

Basically it's bad luck, either being in the wrong place at the wrong time or twisting the knee the wrong way. Doesn't mean someone is injury-prone, which is my point. But I wouldn't go spending a high pick on a guy who got injured in college and who is plays a position where there is a high bust rate.

This pick would not surprise me at all. Given the success of Russell Wilson and Drew Brees and that Buddy is still scouting the SEC for us.

First, you will have to explain why you would pick Murray over Connor Shaw of South Carolina, who as far as I know, is completely healthy and has comparable (or better) passing numbers.

Murray's ceiling is Drew Brees, his floor is Colt McCoy. He will be gone before the 4th round. I have watched every game he played but its very difficult to predit what kind of pro he will be. I suspect we wont draft him and just give EJ one more year to prove himself. If EJ sucks this year than next year its a QB in the first round.