Aaron Murray in the 3rd round

freester

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you're correct, I think he will go on the PuP list. THus EJ gets the year to prove himself, but if there is no improvement than he can compete with Murray the next year

Except you don't know what he can do. Which means drafting another QB high in 2015, who will probably get most of the snaps.

4th or later, I'm cool with it. He's the only QB that really interests me. Maybe Boyd if he's there later. I think some of you are about to be shocked at how not great this class of QBs are.

Please, 12 months ago we all knew--beyond a shadow of doubt--that 2014 was THE year for quarterbacks. I still expect anywhere from 5-7 to be taken in the top 10. We were stupid not to wait.

Please, 12 months ago we all knew--beyond a shadow of doubt--that 2014 was THE year for quarterbacks. I still expect anywhere from 5-7 to be taken in the top 10. We were stupid not to wait.

Next year will be a better class than this year. And the next class after that? Even better. :)

3rd Round is way too high for a guy who may or may not fully recover...6th, fine...but given the BILLS dogmatic commitment to EJ, it would seem foolish to invest any Draft pick this year when there is already Thad, Dixon, and Tuel on the roster and whom Whaley has said they're quite comfortable with...plus, the Draft is deep in O Line and WRs, two things the BILLS are in dire need of for depth and elite talent...

3rd Round is way too high for a guy who may or may not fully recover...

whether he will be a good qb is one question, but the kid might be ready to play by camp, and almost certainly the regular season (minus the obvious set back of not getting camp reps if thats the case, but what third rounder is truly "ready to play" by week 1? few if any...)

its a simple ACL tear. these days, short of catastrophic surgical mistakes, a guy being in his late 30s, or a guy being a practice squad caliber talent, they dont tend to end careers.

He won't see the field this year. Pass.

at the start of camp he will be 8 months removed from the injury. the start of the season over 9.... for a recent bills ACL story scott chandler tore his ACL Xmas weekend and was back for the next season, murray tore his around thanksgiving.

I watched a nfl mobile vid on him recently, they were following him, clowney, and ebron as they prepped for the combine. He does not look like a guy who will miss the season, let alone training camp. He's doing plenty right now getting his knee back but in the meantime he's throwing a ton and spending time with a QB guru (think it was lucks?). He impressed me, guy wants it.

whether he will be a good qb is one question, but the kid might be ready to play by camp, and almost certainly the regular season (minus the obvious set back of not getting camp reps if thats the case, but what third rounder is truly "ready to play" by week 1? few if any...)

its a simple ACL tear. these days, short of catastrophic surgical mistakes, a guy being in his late 30s, or a guy being a practice squad caliber talent, they dont tend to end careers.

That may or may not be true re:Murray. I agree that all signs point to his full recovery, but in my mind - between his questionable NFL chops and his injury, 3rd round is just too much of a gamble, let alone in a Draft when arguably the two deepest positions are of the greatest need for the BILLS, at present.

To your other question about 3rd rounders "ready to play", Goodwin comes to mind...in 2013 Tyrann Mathieu and Keenan Allen also come to mind

2012: Russell Wilson, Nick Foles and T.Y. Hilton to name a few from that Draft...are they usually counted on to be Day 1 starters? No...but that doesn't mean you can't find them if Drafting intelligently and carefully....as opposed to 6th or 7th round talent, that is far more likely to end up on STs or in back up positions to begin their career.

at the start of camp he will be 8 months removed from the injury. the start of the season over 9.... for a recent bills ACL story scott chandler tore his ACL Xmas weekend and was back for the next season, murray tore his around thanksgiving.

It's not just the injury, it's getting meaningful snaps and staying healthy. People are mocking EJ for his knee injuries last year and want the Bills to draft an insurance QB, and this guy tears his ACL in college. Makes no sense.

I'd love the pick. He probably won't last past the third round.

3rd Round is way too high for a guy who may or may not fully recover...6th, fine...but given the BILLS dogmatic commitment to EJ, it would seem foolish to invest any Draft pick this year when there is already Thad, Dixon, and Tuel on the roster and whom Whaley has said they're quite comfortable with...plus, the Draft is deep in O Line and WRs, two things the BILLS are in dire need of for depth and elite talent...

They're going to say they're comfortable with Tuel until they cut him.