Jared Allen - FA - DE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2014 NFL free agency: DE Jared Allen reportedly seeking $10 million per year

Free agent defensive end Jared Allen is reportedly willing to walk away from the sport if he does not receive the amount of money he believes he deserves. Now, with a recent report about his salary demands, he may be better off leaving the sport. Allen is seeking a whopping $10 million per year, according to Ed Werder of ESPN.

no way he should get that money.

Agreed. I didn't watch many Vikings games last year, but a friend of mine is a Vikings fan ans said that Allen got most of his sacks in a couple games and was basically ineffective and a liability most of the season. He is glad he is gone. Allen should retire unless he wants to play with a team like the Browns who have uber cap room because they have no QB or depth.

WHILE its easy to say who worth what from a fans standpoint. the reality is make when you can because careers are short.

that being said ,how do you make cap friendly?

how about 8 million + incentives ? if he gets 10+sacks 1 million bonus, if the d ranks in top 3 250k, if the bills make playoffs 250k, if the get to title games 150k,.etc etc... .its doable if its structured right,

the other part is EGO , if J . ALLEN is willing to accept the structure. or is he all wind at this point ,and not willing to back up his demands on the field .

MY OPINION IS SIMPLE ..ID try like heck to sign him and wilfolk, ,,that would be a d-line on paper that'd be scarey' ,,,

dare to dream .

WHILE its easy to say who worth what from a fans standpoint. the reality is make when you can because careers are short.

how about 8 million + incentives ? if he gets 10+sacks 1 million bonus, if the d ranks in top 3 250k, if the bills make playoffs 250k, if the get to title games 150k,.etc etc... .its doable if its structured right,

the other part is EGO , if J . ALLEN is willing to accept the structure. or is he all wind at this point ,and not willing to back up his demands on the field .

MY OPINION IS SIMPLE ..ID try like heck to sign him and wilfolk, ,,that would be a d-line on paper that'd be scarey' ,,,

dare to dream .

the best way to play your game is line it up like Byrd. Play your rookie contract out. Maybe sign an extension. Get until you're about 27-28 and hit the UFA in your prime.

Allen let that ship pass.

the best way to play your game is line it up like Byrd. Play your rookie contract out. Maybe sign an extension. Get until you're about 27-28 and hit the UFA in your prime.

Allen let that ship pass.

Didn't Allen already cash in when he moved from KC to Min? His $10 million expectation is exactly why he remains unsigned to date. He's simply not worth that kind of coin at this stage of his career. Hope he's ready to retire as he previously stated because there's no way he gets his asking price.

Didn't Allen already cash in when he moved from KC to Min? His $10 million expectation is exactly why he remains unsigned to date. He's simply not worth that kind of coin at this stage of his career. Hope he's ready to retire as he previously stated because there's no way he gets his asking price.

yes he had the chance to make his bed already. If that didn't satisfy him then I do not know how $10mm more will. I'm jot going to knock a man for trying to get any dollar he can but if he is finding himself unemployed next week chances are he likely passed up what would have been a better offer years ago

Dude - he's over 30 and wants at least 10 mil per year. Why would you even suggest that?

I know he's aging and wants big money. But he's averaged 14.5 sacks over 7 years and i think he's worth a shot opposite Mario. And we do have money to spend. Why not?!

dare to dream .

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Bills defensive line. Quite simply, one of the best in the league. They do not need either of these players, but especially Allen.

Incentive laden cap friendly 2 year contract..heck yeah...When this is probably your last hoorah, like it is for Allen, I like the thought...He could teach some of the youngsters how to be a pro and he has been productive...no love (or big FA $$) has come his way and might be another motivating factor for him to to go out with a max effort...If we are renting Mr Spikes, for a year why not rent Allen if he fits into our new D philosophy...