6'4" 205lb 4.3 Range 40 SEC WR No One is Talking About

Mark80

With the slew of WR posts, I thought I would add one to the mix that no one is talking about, not even the draft pundits. L'Damian Washington. He's raw, for sure. But his measurables are fantastic and his background is pretty interesting. Check him out, I expect him to climb the boards and be a 3-4th rounder when all is said and done.

Want to see Bills draft WR in 3rd round and later -- deep draft, we need OG, OT, LB and TE before WR.

That's why I wanted to bring this guy to the table for discussion. Projected as a mid to late rounder as of now.

We have enough tall, raw players on roster now: Kaufman, Elliott, Roberson, Easley. We need "impact" or "ready to play now" players.

Kaufman runs a 4.5-4.6 and from Eastern Washington. Roberson runs the same and is from Stephen A. Austin, Elliot runs the same as well and is from Florida A&M, and Easley ran a 4.39 from UConn.

With the exception of Easley, none of those clowns are even close to as fast as Washington. And, none of them played in the SEC against NFL caliber defenses.

You get impact and ready to play now guys in rounds 1-3. You get projects and depth in rounds 4-7.

Edited by Mark80

That's why I wanted to bring this guy to the table for discussion. Projected as a mid to late rounder as of now.

Kaufman runs a 4.5-4.6 and from Eastern Washington. Roberson runs the same and is from Stephen A. Austin, Elliot runs the same as well and is from Florida A&M, and Easley ran a 4.39 from UConn.

With the exception of Easley, none of those clowns are even close to as fast as Washington. And, none of them played in the SEC against NFL caliber defenses.

You get impact and ready to play now guys in rounds 1-3. You get projects and depth in rounds 4-7.

I want a play now guy in the 7th. I hope we draft a punter.

Skinny guy who can't catch or run routes!!

Don't see where you get the notion that he can't catch, but OK. Route running needs work for sure though.

Here are some interesting numbers on success of WRs drafted based on Size and Speed. As you would expect 6'2"+ and sub 4.50 40s are the most successful WRs in the NFL (as measured by being 5 year starters as a success) especially when drafted 3rd or later (compared to smaller and / or slower guys).

The table at the bottom of the article is the most interesting one to me.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Evaluating-wide-receivers-by-size-and-speed.html

Martavis Bryant, Clemson

Clemson just seems to breed WRs. Watkins and Bryant ran 4.4s and Peak ran a 4.3 (unofficial) but watching their games, Bryant has the makings of a #1 receiver. He's 6'5, 202 lbs. I think he is better than Mike Evans in terms of route running and also having his head on straight. I have a feeling Bryant will shoot up draft boards at the combine.

I agree with others, I'd rather get a "ready" guy. We have a few players with size that can develop, as is.

with hogan (hopefully) gone, and TJ possibly gone.... id not complain if we added a project AND a ready guy. just because we have guys that arent good enough yet, doesnt mean they are good projects -- i guess ill defer to the coaching staff there.

Edited by NoSaint

with hogan (hopefully) gone, and TJ possibly gone.... id not complain if we added a project AND a ready guy. just because we have guys that arent good enough yet, doesnt mean they are good projects -- i guess ill defer to the coaching staff there.

sure if we wait until the 7th or UDFA. A project WR should nor be taken before the 5th round unless they posses intangibles and speed on par with the elite of the class. A project WR is one who is not disciplined. Can't run routes. Lacks timing or coordination. Injury history.

Bad hands is not something you can coach. Its either coordination. Or awareness that you can coach.