Question on RT Hairston

AtlBills

Because fans NEED to know! I've been going through Easleys trash for 2 years trying to find out what happened

Damned straight Brother !

This is huge .

Hairston WAS the best swing tackle we ever had. And then he showed he could work the right side decently and had potential .

We have major decisions to make here that depend on Chris's condition and prognosis.

I am still not over the Easely mystery theater . But at least he is out there performing at a high level after what ? 4 years of wondering wtf ?

Tea leaves are not cutting anymore .

In a perfect world Hairston is healthy.

I am all for the Bills drafting a tackle in the 3rd -4th round that could compete with Hairston for the RT spot. I just am not keen on drafting a tackle in rounds one or two.

No way the Bills will be able to sign Glenn and another tackle while Woods is also signed.

Not sure what you mean, are you referring to being able to sign him to an extension after his rookie deal which would be 5 years down the line?

Anything Hairston provides will be a bonus but they can't count on him being anything more then a backup at this point

Edited by Max997

He tweeted this month that he is getting better!

Chris Hairston@C_Hairston75 Feb 5

#flappybird I'm getting better where the rest of yall at http://instagram.com/p/kEGNtbxiAu/

From what, nobody outside the org knows, or at least isn't saying.

He suffered a leg injury and then went on IR with an undisclosed injury of some sort.

The Bills had him penciled in at RT before the leg injury, so they must think very highly of him, or at least they did.

#flappybird I'm getting better where the rest of yall at http://instagram.com/p/kEGNtbxiAu/

He suffered a leg injury and then went on IR with an undisclosed injury of some sort.

The Bills had him penciled in at RT before the leg injury, so they must think very highly of him, or at least they did.

Thats the last i had heard of him too. Glad to see the tweet though. Good kid

Uhhh, that tweet means he's getting better at a cheesy video game called Flappy Bird. And he's asking other people what their scores are.

I don't get all the attention Hairston receives.

All the attention? Like one thread per year? I thought the guy fell off the face of the earth.

I put Hairston under the category of "why look a gift horse in the mouth". He's better than nothing, and by nothing, I mean Pears. If we can get Robinson or Matthews with the 9th pick, so be it, and he'll be a solid backup/swing tackle. If not, we run with him for a year and draft a RT later in draft to back Hairston up.

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

Not sure what you mean, are you referring to being able to sign him to an extension after his rookie deal which would be 5 years down the line?

Anything Hairston provides will be a bonus but they can't count on him being anything more then a backup at this point

Yes.

The hope for me is the Bills find another FA tackle like Pears. Pears was decent his first year, but declined rapidly this past season.

Hairston fights for RT with whatever FA they bring in. The loser becomes the swing tackle if capable.

Yes.

The hope for me is the Bills find another FA tackle like Pears. Pears was decent his first year, but declined rapidly this past season.

Hairston fights for RT with whatever FA they bring in. The loser becomes the swing tackle if capable.

Have to disagree as you don't pass on a player because you are worried about paying him 5 years down the line. A lot of things can happen in those 5 years. You would hope Glenn will still be around but Wood may not and if he is doubt he will command another big contract at that time