Draft: Jadeveon Clowney DE

Wattdogg35

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something something poor work ethic something something our D had lots of sacks last year something something fake injuries and speeding tickets.

The next 20 replies, summed up.

Edited by JM57

Something something poor work ethic something something our D had lots of sacks last year something something fake injuries and speeding tickets.

The next 20 replies, summed up.

yea I know. I rarely look at this site anymore b/c that's all it ever seems to be. But still, I think the Bills should just go all in with their D-line! Best offense is a great defense!

He is immensely talented, that's not up for debate. I can't get myself comfortable with the idea of trading up for a guy that basically dogged it his entire sophomore season in order to not get injured...if he fell to 9, I would undoubtedly look past it enough to draft him.

yea I know. I rarely look at this site anymore b/c that's all it ever seems to be. But still, I think the Bills should just go all in with their D-line! Best offense is a great defense!

I've never understood how trading multiple high draft picks for one player = 'going all in'. I guess they'll be going all in without any additional help at WR or OL.

He is immensely talented, that's not up for debate. I can't get myself comfortable with the idea of trading up for a guy that basically dogged it his entire sophomore season in order to not get injured...if he fell to 9, I would undoubtedly look past it enough to draft him.

Not that it relates directly to Clowney, but for those on here with a greater historical perspective than I, weren't there similar character concerns surrounding Bruce Smith coming out of VT?

Not that it relates directly to Clowney, but for those on here with a greater historical perspective than I, weren't there similar character concerns surrounding Bruce Smith coming out of VT?

From an off-field perspective, I believe that's true, yes. On-field, Smith's performance throughout college was phenomenal. Won the Outland Trophy his final year at VT. Here's a cool article from '85 on Smith for some fun perspective:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1119974/1/index.htm

Should the Bills find some way to get this guy? Think about it. We'll be running a 4-3. Can u imagine Mario, Kyle, Marcell and this kid? Rush 4 all day and drop 7. NY Giants 2007 all over again, but better!

Sure, if he's there at 9 he'd be a great pick, but he will likely go in the top 3, so don't get your hopes up. No way we trade up for a guy we don't need.

Should the Bills find some way to get this guy? Think about it. We'll be running a 4-3. Can u imagine Mario, Kyle, Marcell and this kid? Rush 4 all day and drop 7. NY Giants 2007 all over again, but better!

No

i think whatever team drafts him will end up regretting it

It's a deep draft, I woudn't trade up. We need all our picks and then some. If he was there at 9 sure.

that's about all that needs to be said regarding any player and trading up.

Plus I worry about Mario Williams nonchalant attitude giving Clowney the wrong impression of life in the NFL

From an off-field perspective, I believe that's true, yes. On-field, Smith's performance throughout college was phenomenal. Won the Outland Trophy his final year at VT. Here's a cool article from '85 on Smith for some fun perspective:

http://sportsillustr...974/1/index.htm

Bruce's rookie contract for being the number one overall pick was $2.6 million over 4 years. :flirt:

I wouldn't mind the Bills trading back to pick up one of the solid 2-gap DTs to play along side Dareus to blow up the middle. What do you do with K-Dub you ask? Move him around constantly between DE and DT. If they chose to run some of that wide-9, you would have 290lbs. plus at DE that have a great burst with two 350lbs. with some shake in the middle. Kyle lined up wide with a head of steam on the RT sounds damn nasty with the right guys in the middle.

Bruce's rookie contract for being the number one overall pick was $2.6 million over 4 years. :flirt:

Pretty darn close to what the #1 pick will make this year if you factor in inflation--cost of living doubling every 10 years.

85 - $2.6M over 4 years

double that three times...$5.2M, $10.4M, $20.8M

Last year, Eric Fisher signed for $22.2M over 4 years.

Funny how it's that close!

I wouldn't mind the Bills trading back to pick up one of the solid 2-gap DTs to play along side Dareus to blow up the middle. What do you do with K-Dub you ask? Move him around constantly between DE and DT. If they chose to run some of that wide-9, you would have 290lbs. plus at DE that have a great burst with two 350lbs. with some shake in the middle. Kyle lined up wide with a head of steam on the RT sounds damn nasty with the right guys in the middle.

If KW didn't have T-rex arms, I'd be more inclined to agree. But with those short arms of his, he would get swallowed up by OTs left and right. Once they get their hands on you and lock up, it's all over. KW is just not made to be a DE.

GO BILLS!!!