Pro Football Focus project Bills lineup with strength scale

YoloinOhio

Lineup-BUF1.png

So... Mario Williams is a "solid starter/valuable role player"?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/02/13/projected-lineups-buffalo-bills/

Rob Quinn tweeted this, seems closer to what I would have thought.

Rob Quinn@RQUINN619 11h

My #Bills positional breakdown, in response to @PFF's from this morning pic.twitter.com/TKtrYAHNF7

BgZ7s9-IgAE2aJ1.jpg

Byrd is another blue. Make it happen. Hopefully we see a TE upgrade

Also Aaron Williams as a S is a Green! Wood should definitely be green

Woods and Goodwin are "adequate", but both guys have me excited

Legursky may be a Red

Edited by May Day 10

Byrd is another blue. Make it happen. Hopefully we see a TE upgrade

Also Aaron Williams as a S is a Green!

Woods and Goodwin are "adequate", but both guys have me excited

I agree that Aaron Williams found his fit in the NFL and has embraced it. It looks like there was some caution around the first year guys that played well like Robey, Goodwin, and Woods.

I am hoping that Goodwin stays healthy next year and does not get that injury-prone tag...Woods was a stud, but needs to tone down the dumb penalties - it will only get worse for him if DBs know he has a bad temper and feel they can get into his head.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Woods make it a full year at center without an injury. Maybe he takes the next step in his maturation as an NFL center and gets a bit stronger - probably would not hurt his game to be bracketed by two Guards that he did not have to worry about.

Move down 1 notch - Branch, Bradham and Urbick.

Move up 1 notch - Mario Williams, Eric Wood, Aaron Williams.

Other than that - pretty accurate

The team gets better with Byrd, Chandler and Carrington

Agree with their needs, but I would add WR, Guard and LB to the mix

The only thing that scares me about another WR, is who's the odd man out other than 4 WR sets? Which how many of those have we seen this year? IMO Stevie and Woods are the same player and Woods has more upside. I think Stevie is the odd man out if we get a tall "throw it up in the end zone and let him get it" receiver such as Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin type. I do not i disagree that we need a 6'5 WR, but the fact of the matter is Stevie has no part on this football team anymore with Woods, the speedster Goodwin, and [insert WR name here]. And no Stevie also means a lot more cap space so there's that. and it goes without saying the Graham has no part on this football team. I'm not sure if Graham has a part on a football team. I think we're on the same page that he's a liability each time he's on the field. Who jumps to catch a football when they're wide open? That play had me sold on releasing him since seeing it. A coach can't fix instinct.

Edited by BillsFan3434

This is exactly what I've been saying about the O line since the Bills let Andy Levitre leave for Tennessee. You know, the man who was graded as the best pass blocker on that line in 2012. The best pass blocking OG in the NFL for that matter.

Then the Bills replaced a blue green player at LG for a big fat red one, and his backup was also a big fat red. How on earth is that rookie QB supposed to develop properly behind that PoS offensive line?

Anyway, Rob Quinn is closer to the real picture somewhat, and even he is flawed because Fred Jackson, CJ Spiiller are so dark blue they are almost purple. Plus, center Eric Wood's play would be enhanced with better players on either side.

• WR I'd say a lot depends on if this Bills coaching staff / FO thinks that Stevie can regain his old form with a healthy season and better coaching.
  • LG Huge blunder with Levitre considering they are starting a rookieQB . OG #2 or #3 pick in the draft
  • RT biggest need and should addressed with that #9 pick if one of the top three OT's are still on the board.

To back my thoughts up: READ THIS! http://www.footballo...-downs-afc-east

"Football Outsiders is considered an industry leader in using statistical data to analyze NFL teams, and has been for years. They're using their data from the 2013 season to determine the biggest positional need for each team. For theBuffalo Bills, a team with several prominent holes, they have chosen offensive tackle as the team's biggest need area."

http://www.buffaloru...ars-cordy-glenn

So yea, the biggest needs on the team are LG-RT-RG-WR and in that order.JMO

P.S. I love to see stuff like this :worthy:....Oh BTW... :nana:

Edited by FeartheLosing

Quinn's assessment is pretty fair IMO, although I think Wood should be on the same level as Glenn (whether that means Glenn should be moved down or Wood moved up I'm not certain)...I also think he rates Aaron Williams at least one grade too low. He is probably correct that the biggest needs are TE and run-stuffing LB, followed by LG.

y7OszUI.jpg

Here is my crack at it.

Goodwin is solid, valuable due to his special teams skills, but role player for #3/4, fill in WR.

Spiller has a lot of downfalls with his lack of vision and showed little in 2013. With the same offense in 2014, why should we expect more? High Quality starters get 1,000 yards now-a-days, no questions asked. Hell, solid starting RB's get 1,000 yards.

Fred Jackson, another year older and still elite. His heart and football smarts - He is elite.

Mario is fine at where he is because he is brought down by those around him and opposite him. Branch, who is borderline better then what he is.

Pears is under-appreciated.

Aaron Williams was hard to grade in 2013, due to who was in the backfield with him. I feel he will continue to progress toward High Quality player and potential Pro Bowl run in 2014.

Kyle Williams may not be my favorite type of DT and I may not appreciate him as much as I should, but he is elite.

McKelvin gets a bump for his special teams play, but he was very good, too.

Of course, TJ Graham is the best player on the roster.

y7OszUI.jpg

Here is my crack at it.

Goodwin is solid, valuable due to his special teams skills, but role player for #3/4, fill in WR.

Spiller has a lot of downfalls with his lack of vision and showed little in 2013. With the same offense in 2014, why should we expect more? High Quality starters get 1,000 yards now-a-days, no questions asked. Hell, solid starting RB's get 1,000 yards.

Fred Jackson, another year older and still elite. His heart and football smarts - He is elite.

Mario is fine at where he is because he is brought down by those around him and opposite him. Branch, who is borderline better then what he is.

Aaron Williams was hard to grade in 2013, due to who was in the backfield with him. I feel he will continue to progress toward High Quality player and potential Pro Bowl run in 2014.

Kyle Williams may not be my favorite type of DT and I may not appreciate him as much as I should, but he is elite.

I wonder if Bradham will get a boost from Schwartz's scheme. I think he has some potential upside.

I wonder if Bradham will get a boost from Schwartz's scheme. I think he has some potential upside.

Entering his third year he has to prove it. This is the critical year to become a real, bonafide NFL player. It is the 4th year which enables you to become vested in the NFL, but it is the third year which you must use prove yourself.

I do not think he had the football smarts to survive in Pettine's system where LB's must be versatile and able to adapt successfully scraping to the carrier, reading the play, and breaking contact to create pressure. In Schwartz he has a better chance but I have my doubts. On 2013 alone I think it was enough to stunt his growth to possibly effect his career.

y7OszUI.jpg

Here is my crack at it.

LMFAO

Anyone figure out the code as to what the square or cirle around some mean??

Last season Kyle was rated blue, what happened?

We better keep Byrd.

I think a lot of our talent is being underrated here. A WIlliams and Robey in particular. I get that Wood and CJ had down years.

Edited by Big C