Saints cut 4 key players...

Bob Malooga

Good decision by the Saints. None of those 4 really contributed much last year. Vilma is done and Greer had a bad injury as mentioned. Not convinced the other two were ever all that good.

A less good decision might be tying up too much money in Jimmy Graham. That Saints team is still missing peices if it is going to win in the NFC (even their own conference is going to be very tough next year if Atlanta get healthy and bounce back and with Lovie in Tampa) and if they sign Jimmy Graham to a massive contract, with Brees already eating a huge amount of cap space I'm not sure they have much room to then manouvre.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Greer-reflects-on-his-legacy-as-he-exits-New-Orleans-245304181.html

And greer showing why its so easy to like him:

“An hour or two after I got what was supposed to be some of the most devastating news of a player’s career, I’m walking and I’m having the time of my life with my son,” Greer said Wednesday night. “I realized at that moment, that no matter what happened, that’s going to be my legacy.

“The legacy is going to live on through the development of my family. Their futures and their character are going to tell the story.”

Bring em all in. See if they can compete here. What's there to lose in doing that?

The only one of those guys that can play still is Greer and he is coming off of major surgery. I would venture to say (I think that NoSaint would back me up on this) that if Roman Harper was signed he would be the TBD whipping boy by week 4. You thought that Whitner was bad in pass coverage?

The only one of those guys that can play still is Greer and he is coming off of major surgery. I would venture to say (I think that NoSaint would back me up on this) that if Roman Harper was signed he would be the TBD whipping boy by week 4. You thought that Whitner was bad in pass coverage?

Remember that time he got run down from behind by a qb on a fumble return? Sam Bradford maybe?

He does have the type of neck we've been lacking since poz left though.

There it is - and he's lost a step since then.

Remember that time he got run down from behind by a qb on a fumble return? Sam Bradford maybe?

He does have the type of neck we've been lacking since poz left though.

http://youtu.be/H84nK2lSw7E

There it is - and he's lost a step since then.

He has been done for at least a few years. Every time that he is on the field you just hear everyone grumbling. It is like when Roy Williams (the safety) was with the Cowboys.

He has been done for at least a few years. Every time that he is on the field you just hear everyone grumbling. It is like when Roy Williams (the safety) was with the Cowboys.

which is a shame, because he seems like a real leader with regards to keeping the energy and nastiness up for the defense... i dont like the term that much, but they seem to have a certain swagger about them when hes playing well.

but yea, if you look back on many of the losses in big games, hes on the short list of people to blame for far too many of them. hes just not physically good enough.

Edited by NoSaint