Our needs are there in rd2

jahbonas

In no exact order our needs are at positions that are typically acquired in rd2 of the draft.

Guard, Right Tackle, Inside LB, Tight end

San Fran has two 2nd round picks (and 2 3rds) and are a team looking for quality over quantity,

Using trade Value chart as a guide we could trade out of #9 and receive:

San Fran 1st (30th pick in rd 1)

San Fran 2nd (24th)

San Fran 2nd (29th)

San Fran 4th

Giving us the following to address our needs: 5 picks between 30th - 73rd

Rd 1 (30th pick rd 1)

Rd 2 (9th pick rd 2)

Rd 2 (24th pick rd 2)

Rd 2 (29th pick rd 2)

Rd 3 (9th pick rd 3)

Rd 4

Rd 4

yeah, this draft is LOADED with 2nd and 3rd round talent because so many underclassmen have declared. Only a very foolish GM would trade away so many picks in this draft.

Of course, there are likely a few fools out there, but the Bills would be very lucky to be the team involved in a deal like that, because so many other teams would be willing to make that type of deal.

yeah, this draft is LOADED with 2nd and 3rd round talent because so many underclassmen have declared. Only a very foolish GM would trade away so many picks in this draft.

Of course, there are likely a few fools out there, but the Bills would be very lucky to be the team involved in a deal like that, because so many other teams would be willing to make that type of deal.

It is true that the draft is very strong in the second and third rounds, but that does not mean that a team like SF would be foolish to trade up. The 49ers are loaded to begin with and they have far more draft picks than they need, meaning that many of their picks will have little chance to make the team or make an impact. The 49ers might very well be willing to give up a high number of picks if some is on the board at 9 who they really like, at a priority position for them. Seattle is in a similar position. I believe the. Bills should make the trade because they simply have too many holes and they have had a lot of success drafting in round 2. Edited by mannc

The question is there someone in the 14-17 th pick who is willing to get #9 to give up their second round like last year. That would work. More likely we take Mike Evans in the first round and stick to our board. Since the Bills are committing themselves to EJ, they will try and load up on weapons for him meaning WR, TE, OG. We'll pick up in free agency value picks to fill holes. I wouldn't be surprised we pick up a guard or tackle in free agency.

We'll see. It's all speculation by all of us right now.

I proposed this in another previous thread. It meets all our needs and then some. As was stated, 2nd round talent this year is 1st round talent in many other years with so many players coming out early.

The 49ers are just one or two players away from a Superbowl next year. Anquan Boldin and Mario Manningham are FA and Crabtree is in his last year. So a top WR could be a priority for SF. A number 9 could conceivably give them their pick at WR. They have a large number of picks.

They could give Buffalo their 30th (1st); 55th, 62nd (2nd); and 94th (3rd) in exchange for Buffalo’s #9 & Buffalo’s 7th rounder. They would get a top 10 pick and still have a low mid 3rd round pick.

With the 30, 41, 55, 62, 73, 94th picks in the top 100 Buffalo could get:

Possibly AJS or another TE or one of the Richardsons for the Oline in the first

Slov lb in 2nd

Antony Steen or Zack Martin og with the high 2nd and a pick for BPA in a need area

Or Gabe Jackson or Tre Jackson for Oline in the 3rd and BPA in a need area.

Mettenberger, Boyd or McCarron QB in the 4th

Great in concept, however, this year's draft is deep -- there will be legit starters into round 3. SF is in a great position to add to roster and trim higher salaried guys to keep their core intact. I don't see them wanting to unload that many picks. Dream scenario for Buffalo would be for a team picking between 15-20 to fall in love with player that's on board when Bills select at 9. Teams that like to trade on draft day, Dallas or St Louis. If St Louis trades out of #2, they might accumulate extra picks that they could use to trade up from 13 to 9 in 1st round and give Bills their 3rd round pick. Dallas could do same, trade up from 17 to 9 and give Bills their 2nd. So much depends on which players are available at 9 in those cases.

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

It is true that the draft is very strong in the second and third rounds, but that does not mean that a team like SF would be foolish to trade up. The 49ers are loaded to begin with and they have far more draft picks than they need, meaning that many of their picks will have little chance to make the team or make an impact. The 49ers might very well be willing to give up a high number of picks if some is on the board at 9 who they really like, at a priority position for them. Seattle is in a similar position. I believe the. Bills should make the trade because they simply have too many holes and they have had a lot of success drafting in round 2.

Yeah, I already said they should make the trade, I just don't think it will happen, but if SF does make a trade, I don't think it will be with the Bills.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

I like and agree with your thinking about trading back to pick up extra picks, regardless if it's San Fran or some other team. I think that we could afford to do this now because we do have a good core for a team and adding extra players versus just drafting 1 blue chip makes more sense to me.

Go Bills!

Edited by Tipster19