Schwartz Presser - Am I Reading Too Much Into This?

goynahan

At about the 14 minute mark of the Schwartz presser video on bb.com, Jim starts mentioning players in the secondary and how he's excited to work with them. He mentions Gilmore, mckelvin, then Aaron Williams, but no mention of Byrd. How do you not mention the best player back there? Do you think he subconsciously did that because in his conversations with Brandon, Whaley, etc. he was told Jairus won't be back?

Really bored so figured I'd go through with making a thread of this to see what y'all think.

coaches are always very careful when they talk about anything uncertain in their pressers. im guessing that he just doesnt want to talk up a player that hes not sure hes going to be getting yet. if he mentions byrd, the media goes nuts insisting that 1BD is desprate to sign byrd and that hes going to be an essential piece of the schwartz defense - the last thing whaley wants.

i wouldnt read to much into it.

The fact that he mentions Byrd by name in the interview with Chris brown confirms that there was no motive behind his original comment excluding Byrd, in my opinion.

Also in the Chris brown interview you can see Jim Schwartz thinking "is this guy's question ever going to end?"

At about the 14 minute mark of the Schwartz presser video on bb.com, Jim starts mentioning players in the secondary and how he's excited to work with them. He mentions Gilmore, mckelvin, then Aaron Williams, but no mention of Byrd. How do you not mention the best player back there? Do you think he subconsciously did that because in his conversations with Brandon, Whaley, etc. he was told Jairus won't be back?

Really bored so figured I'd go through with making a thread of this to see what y'all think.

From what I read, I thought he mentioned Byrd

as a matter of fact after double checking Byrd was the first name he mentioned (per Bills App on iPhone)

sorry no linky