Bills to interview Olsavsky for LB Coach

BRAWNDO

So did we hire this guy or what??? Pettine gets his whole coaching staff set in 2 days and we're still interviewing Olshefski??

Pettine is HC now, so he is not close to having his whole staff... hiring position coaches is not as critical as the coordinators at this stage of the game. They'll get it done. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pettine is HC now, so he is not close to having his whole staff... hiring position coaches is not as critical as the coordinators at this stage of the game. They'll get it done.

I know...just wish we had a group together to start planning. So we'll wait for a LB, D Line and DB asst another few days hopefully.

I was expecting progress next year, but without pettine it feels like bets are off

It can be a better defense or it may not be. We will never know til we see the product on the field. Right now on paper, Shwartz is known to have his guys stop the run (with Haynesworth) and not so successful without him. He aquires a great D-Line with us IMO so I hope Schwartz lives up to his resume and have a great run defense with us.

The position coaches leaving, doesn't affect me much cuz honestly, I didn't even know their names til they apparently left. With that in mind, I'm still hopeful for a great defense but that all lies on Schwartz' philosophy and way of teaching both his coaches and players.

This will be Schwartz year 1 and Marrone year 2. If we can have a top 10 defense like we did this past year and a better offense, then we shouldn't have anything to be worried about.

I'm more interested in picking up more talented players rather than focusing on position coaches at this point. I know the coaches play a huge part. Marrone is the one bringing them in I believe. Does anyone know if Marrone has full control of choosing the coaches that come in? Or does Whaley pick and choose also?

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

It can be a better defense or it may not be. We will never know til we see the product on the field. Right now on paper, Shwartz is known to have his guys stop the run (with Haynesworth) and not so successful without him. He aquires a great D-Line with us IMO so I hope Schwartz lives up to his resume and have a great run defense with us.

The position coaches leaving, doesn't affect me much cuz honestly, I didn't even know their names til they apparently left. With that in mind, I'm still hopeful for a great defense but that all lies on Schwartz' philosophy and way of teaching both his coaches and players.

This will be Schwartz year 1 and Marrone year 2. If we can have a top 10 defense like we did this past year and a better offense, then we shouldn't have anything to be worried about.

I'm more interested in picking up more talented players rather than focusing on position coaches at this point. I know the coaches play a huge part. Marrone is the one bringing them in I believe. Does anyone know if Marrone has full control of choosing the coaches that come in? Or does Whaley pick and choose also?

I honestly don't know, others may... it varies but in most clubs, the HC does the interviewing and recommendation and the GM gives stamp of approval, although sometimes the GM has ties to guys he worked with in the past and bring them to the table for consideration.

I honestly don't know, others may... it varies but in most clubs, the HC does the interviewing and recommendation and the GM gives stamp of approval, although sometimes the GM has ties to guys he worked with in the past and bring them to the table for consideration.

As I understand it, Marrone gets to pick his staff. Whaley could veto a coaching choice if he really wanted to, although he's extremely unlikely to do that. He wants to empower Marrone to succeed/fail on his own terms.

As I understand it, Marrone gets to pick his staff. Whaley could veto a coaching choice if he really wanted to, although he's extremely unlikely to do that. He wants to empower Marrone to succeed/fail on his own terms.

The Browns could learn a thing or two from the Bills. Does he even have a say on who plays for the team too!? What a concept!

Head Coaches

Offensive Coaches

Defensive Coaches

Special Teams Coaches

Strength and Conditioning

• Head Strength and Conditioning – Eric Ciano

• Assistant Head Strength and Conditioning – Hal Luther

Coaching Staff

Management

More NFL staffs

According to Wikipedia, they have 3 vacancies - LB, WR, and DL. So I guess Pettine had OLB and OLB separate but you don't need both - I looked at other teams and it varied. Jets and Pats* each had 2 vacancies, Browns have 4. FWIW Pepper Johnson was listed as Houston's ILB coach but I don't remember that actually being announced.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I didn't see it...

What are your thoughts on a former Schwartz disciple and Syracuse player (a damn good one), being our LB coach...or at least an assistant?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Former-All-Pro-LB-Bulluck-bullish-on-Schwartz/9afc1668-4d8f-4e77-836a-1f70d980ec3a

(Or do these guys have to go through the offseason/training camp program, before they can become full-time coaches?)

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I didn't see it...

What are your thoughts on a former Schwartz disciple and Syracuse player (a damn good one), being our LB coach...or at least an assistant?

http://www.buffalobi...6a-1f70d980ec3a

(Or do these guys have to go through the offseason/training camp program, before they can become full-time coaches?)

From what I have read here over the last few days, I think if they want to become a position coach they need to start out as QC. .. but I am not 100% on that. In any case, if he was willing to do that job (these players have millions, I would think) we do have one open, because Fleury went to the Factory of Sadness.

I agree! We need some action here. Olshewksi, or whatever his name is, is the only guy who has even been mentioned, and yet we have at least 4 other spots to fill.

There's been an open thread on the Browns hiring Anthony Weaver for what, 3-4 days? There still isn't confirmation of the hire that I can find. We're not alone in still having positions to fill.

There's been an open thread on the Browns hiring Anthony Weaver for what, 3-4 days? There still isn't confirmation of the hire that I can find. We're not alone in still having positions to fill.

But we are both behind schedule of sorts !

Thanks for the great summary of positions as it stands , YOLO . You are a good Man