Did Our 2014 Scheduel Have an Influence in Selecting Our New DC ?

gjv001

I'd hope not as after 3 games that perk is gone. I'd call it an added bonus not a deciding factor at all.

Though he hasn't dominated them so their familiarity with him might be a perk for NFCN teams too. 4-8 in the division the last two years (0-6 in 2012, 4-2 last year)

Edited by NoSaint

Pettines aggressive defensive schemes needed to be followed up by someone equally aggressive. Our defense was geared toward pressuring the QB. Hopefully Schwartz will pick up where Pettine left off, and maybe improve based on where the defense struggled last season. It would have been interesting to see what Pettines defense looked like in 2014 though.

I wonder how much Marrone learned about pettine's defense and how much input he'll have in shaping schwartz's defense to incorporate any of pettine's principles?

Was also wondering this, or if Marrone might task say Henderson to work with Schwartz and make sure we're retaining some of these pass rush and coverage concepts. They have plenty of time to work toward getting the best out of both systems.

Edited by Aaron